Old 02-24-2016, 08:35 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2015 Interstate Coach
MEDFORD , New Jersey
winterizing

I just purchased a 2015 AS in florida, drove it back to NJ today, and need to winterize. I read the AS owners manual on how to winterize and looking for any additional suggestions.. I don't have the ability to blow out lines. I called an AS dealer in NJ and was told the next available appointment was March 26..... Yea right, I know didn't buy it from you, make me wait...

Thanks

Old 02-24-2016, 08:51 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2011 Interstate Coach
Overland Park , Kansas
A quick search reveals this thread. Others will chime in w/ hilites.

PM me for sale info on my 2011. SOLD!
Upfitted Transit 350 sitting in driveway.
73shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 08:56 AM   #3
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Quote:
Originally Posted by RICKBETTY View Post
I don't have the ability to blow out lines.
Actually, you do. All you need is a fitting for your municipal water intake, like this one from Amazon…
http://www.amazon.com/Camco-36153-Br...+blow+out+plug

Then, use the compressor that comes with every Interstate, which you will find by opening the front passenger door and looking behind the plastic panel below the seat pedestal. It's pretty small, so it takes a while to build up pressure, but it will do the job if that's the only compressor you've got.

Not having an air tank to build up pressure, you will have to use the plumbing system itself as your air reservoir. First, gravity-drain the lines as much as possible by opening the low point drains and the kitchen and galley faucets. Also drain the water heater and bypass it. Then close the low point drains and faucets. Insert the blow-out fitting. Air up the system. Then open one faucet at a time (and flush the toilet to bleed water from that line as well), and close the faucet when water and air stop coming out. Repeat as often as needed until all you get coming out the faucets is air. Don't forget to hook up your exterior shower to blow out that fitting as well.

That will take care of everything except the water pump, which can't be blown out due to its check valve. For that you need to use RV antifreeze to displace the last vestiges of water.

I wouldn't recommend going to a service station to use their air lines. Commercial compressors tend to use oil as a lubricant and there can be oil in the air that you get from them. Doesn't harm tires, but not something I'd want in my fresh water system.
WBCCI #1105
TAC LA-4

My Google-Fu is strong today.
Protagonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 10:50 AM   #4
Rivet Master

2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Sedona , Arizona
winterizing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protagonist View Post
Then, use the compressor that comes with every Interstate, which you will find by opening the front passenger door and looking behind the plastic panel below the seat pedestal. It's pretty small, so it takes a while to build up pressure, but it will do the job if that's the only compressor you've got.

Sadly, from 2013.5 they ceased to include this compressor.

Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums
Old 02-25-2016, 11:01 AM   #5
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKDUDE View Post
Sadly, from 2013.5 they ceased to include this compressor.
Didn't know that. Did they also delete the first aid kit in the passenger door bottom compartment and the emergency light in the driver's door bottom compartment?
WBCCI #1105
TAC LA-4

My Google-Fu is strong today.
Protagonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 12:10 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Sedona , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protagonist View Post
Didn't know that. Did they also delete the first aid kit in the passenger door bottom compartment and the emergency light in the driver's door bottom compartment?
I do have both of those. The locker where the compressor used to be is empty but useful for a tool roll and other things.