Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Sprinter and B-van Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-15-2019, 04:22 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2013 Interstate Coach
Idaho Falls , Idaho
Weighing the Interstate

I weighed my coach today while pulling our toad. It was a very easy process using the CAT scales. I highly recommend it for every Interstate. I plan to repeat annually or after a modification (such as putting the 6 volt batteries in the rear box). I weighed with full fuel, water, one wife, 2 dogs and full provisioning for a 4 day trip.

Go to the CAT scale website to find a near by location. Just about every truck stop has them. There are also diagrams on the website to show how to weigh the various RV combinations. The scale is actually 3 scales. The steer axle is parked on the first, the drive axle on the second and the toad (or trailer) is on the 3rd. You drive on, hit the intercom button, they will ask if it is a “first weigh” as opposed to a second weigh, and maybe your truck number (you answer “private”). They will tell you that you are weighed and to come to the fuel desk to get your printout and pay your $11.50.

My total coach weight was 10,420 which as below the 11,030 max. Front axle was 3800 which was below the 4410 max. Rear axle was 6620 which was below the 7720 max. The toad was 2660 which was below the 5000 max. Total weight was 13080 which was below the 15250 max.

You can find your coach’s max weights on a placard on the driver seat pedestal next to the fuse cover. You will note that if you max out both axles you will be over the max for the vehicle.

I always wondered. Now I know.
Passin Thru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 07:42 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2013 Interstate Coach
Waterloo , Iowa
Is yours an EXT? Mine is: 3760F 6180R Fully packed for a 6 week trip, except no wife in co-pilot seat.
Titus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 06:45 AM   #3
3 Rivet Member

2013 Interstate Coach
Idaho Falls , Idaho
Yes mine is an Ext. Some of the rear difference would be the Roadmaster tow bar since I had the toad attached. I do carry some extras that add up such as the 20 foot metal dog fence, collapsible ladder (don’t trust the awning), etc - but then we we all do.

The wife and 2 dogs probably add 225 - I won’t break that down.....
Passin Thru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 07:40 AM   #4
Rivet Master

2018 Interstate Lounge Ext
LV , Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Passin Thru View Post
The wife and 2 dogs probably add 225 - I won’t break that down.....
PASSINTHRU - Sage advice from a wise husband Mine has to go on a serious diet, she is 90 lbs. overweight - talking about my AI - 11,120 as of my last CAT weigh-in but I am also loaded with 4 adults & 1 toddler & all his ac·cou·tre·ments plus extra weight from heavy undercarriage options. I have reduced all the stuff that we carry that has not gotten any use in the last year, so I am hoping the next weigh-in puts me under.
Alex AVI is offline   Reply With Quote