Views:	85
Size:	566.3 KB
ID:	226010
Water line under the sink in our 2015 interstate xl

Old 11-08-2014, 03:28 PM   #16
2 Rivet Member

2015 Interstate Ext. Coach
Framingham , Massachusetts
The us also water valves at the wheel well position covered by a cup holder. This valves control water going to the showerClick image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAirstream Forums1415482110.978802.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	584.4 KB
ID:	226011

Old 11-08-2014, 03:33 PM   #17
2 Rivet Member

Is there a way you can upload video here ? I recorded the service manager demo about this.
Old 11-08-2014, 03:37 PM   #18
4 Rivet Member

2005 39' Skydeck 390 SD
Livingston , Texas
Yes the same as on my 2013 Interstate. Low point drains on both sides one for cold and one for hot water line.

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums
Old 11-08-2014, 04:06 PM   #19
2 Rivet Member

Im confused niw :-(
Whats the use of low point drain?
How will you switch water source from tank to city water?
Old 11-08-2014, 04:11 PM   #20
2 Rivet Member

Sherrills Ford , North Carolina
I don't think they're low point valves, because the plumbing seems to either be level or rise from there. I'll try opening them and see if any mystery liquid appears somewhere. As for that second battery under the hood, protagonist is correct, because I learned a few days ago that the house batteries (2) are tucked under the coach driver's side aft of the wheel well. And standing on end, by the way. What's puzzling is that the battery under the hood is fully connected into the system with a substantial gauge conductor, so it's doing something. Maybe I'll just pull the connection and see what goes dark.
Old 11-08-2014, 05:30 PM   #21
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Quote:
Originally Posted by gambita View Post
Im confused niw :-(
Whats the use of low point drain?
No use for it, unless you're winterizing. When you winterize, you're faced with one notable problem of geometry. Every faucet is higher than the tank, and there is a check valve built into the pump to keep that water from flowing back down into the tank. Since water doesn't run uphill without pumping it, the only way to drain the lines running from the pump to the faucets is to open the low point drains.
Quote:
How will you switch water source from tank to city water?
By disconnecting from the municipal source and turning on the pump switch over the galley. That in turn provides power to the pressure switch built into the pump. When you open a faucet, the pressure switch senses the loss of pressure and turns on the pump.

If you keep municipal water hooked up, the pump usually won't come on, because the municipal water pressure is usually high enough to not activate the pump's pressure switch.

There is no need to turn any valve at all to switch from the municipal water source to the fresh tank or vice versa.
WBCCI #1105
TAC LA-4

My Google-Fu is strong today.
Protagonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 05:52 PM   #22
2 Rivet Member

Great 👍. Thanks a lot.
Old 11-08-2014, 06:01 PM   #23
Rivet Master

2013 Interstate Coach
Fulton , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by gambita View Post
The us also water valves at the wheel well position covered by a cup holder. This valves control water going to the showerAttachment 226011

Wrong! These are the other two low point drains. They are used to get water out of the lines when you winterized.

- - Mike
2013 AS Interstate on 2012 MB Sprinter
Boxster1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 06:17 PM   #24
Rivet Master

2013 Interstate Coach
Fulton , Maryland
Water System

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyBoy View Post
I don't think they're low point valves, because the plumbing seems to either be level or rise from there. I'll try opening them and see if any mystery liquid appears somewhere. As for that second battery under the hood, protagonist is correct, because I learned a few days ago that the house batteries (2) are tucked under the coach driver's side aft of the wheel well. And standing on end, by the way. What's puzzling is that the battery under the hood is fully connected into the system with a substantial gauge conductor, so it's doing something. Maybe I'll just pull the connection and see what goes dark.

They are low point drains and when you open them water will run out under the van, provided there is any left in the lines.

The extra battery under the hood on driver's side is the auxiliary battery installed by Mercedes. It is a factory option. You can read about it at this link.
http://www.sprinter-rv.com/wp-conten...eline-NCV3.pdf

Hope this is useful.

- - Mike
2013 AS Interstate on 2012 MB Sprinter
Boxster1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 07:26 AM   #25
2 Rivet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxster1971 View Post
The extra battery under the hood on driver's side is the auxiliary battery installed by Mercedes. It is a factory option. You can read about it at this link.
http://www.sprinter-rv.com/wp-conten...eline-NCV3.pdf
Good link for the battery question Boxster1971. However, since I don't yet know what it's there for, I wonder if it's completely integrated with the rest of the chassis electrical system. Does it charge along with the starter battery? When the chassis battery cut-off (under the steering wheel) is opened, does that also cut off this second battery? Inquiring minds want to know.....
Old 11-09-2014, 07:34 AM   #26
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyBoy View Post
Good link for the battery question Boxster1971. However, since I don't yet know what it's there for, I wonder if it's completely integrated with the rest of the chassis electrical system. Does it charge along with the starter battery?
It only charges from the alternator when the engine is running. It won't charge from solar, generator, or shore power. There is a relay that disconnects it from the chassis battery when the key is off, to keep the chassis battery from running down when accessories are running.
Quote:
When the chassis battery cut-off (under the steering wheel) is opened, does that also cut off this second battery?
As far as I know, no, but I could be mistaken about that. That would kind of defeat the purpose of having a separate accessory battery…
WBCCI #1105
TAC LA-4

My Google-Fu is strong today.
Protagonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 07:49 AM   #27
TinCan

2016 30' Classic
Apache Junction , Arizona
Just a footnote. Prior to beginning the season I mix about 1 pint of Clorox into the fresh water take turn on all the fawcets, close the fawcets and let sit for about an hour. Then flush the whole system with fresh water. This procedure cleans up the fresh water system.
Old 11-09-2014, 10:03 AM   #28
2 Rivet Member

MYSTERY SOLVED!! I was still trying to figure out those two shutoffs under the driver's side fridge/freezer stack, and then I remembered that yesterday, when I tried to use the outside shower to empty the fresh tank (I think it was protoganist who suggested that good idea), nothing came out. I figured it was a defective check valve on the quick-connect hookup. Tried every which way, but nothing. This morning, I put it together and that's what those two valves are: hot and cold shutoffs for the outside shower. Someday Airstream will put together a manual that is actually useful.