Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-12-2018, 06:09 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2017 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Morgan Hill , California
USB Receptacles not powering

Hello, I am new to this forum and have tried to search for USB receptacle issues and haven't found an answer - hoping someone can help me out. The USB receptacles in my 2017 Grand Touring Ext are not providing power. Is there a fuse for these and if so where is it located? Any other suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!
rajsingh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 06:53 PM   #2
Contributing Member

2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Austin (Hays County) , Texas
Check under the front of the roadside jump seat. If a fuse is blown, there will be a light on by that fuse.
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 06:57 AM   #3
1 Rivet Member

Morgan Hill , California
Thanks. I did look and no lights on there for open fuses. Any other ideas?
Old 08-13-2018, 08:26 AM   #4
2 Rivet Member

2016 23' Flying Cloud
Portland , Oregon
I don't have an answer but I'm watching this as most of the USBs in my '16 23D don't work anymore either.
Troy McLure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 08:33 AM   #5
1 Rivet Member

Charleston , South Carolina
I had an issue with my right rear USB receptacle just recently. The dealer sent me a replacement unit under warranty and I replaced it within a few minutes.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 10:37 AM   #6
Rivet Master

2015 28' Flying Cloud
2018 33' Classic
Cumming , Georgia
Usb

They use cheap poorly wired USBs. One of mine caught fire in our 2015 FC 28. REPLACE THEM. Fortunately, we were in the trailer when ours burned.
DeltaRon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 10:41 AM   #7
2 Rivet Member

2018 30' International
Denver , Colorado
Mine did not work the first couple of times that we used our 2018 unit which we picked up at the end of June this year. It turned out that the batteries to our camper were bad and not holding a good charge. They were replaced under warranty. The USB plugs now work. Check to ensure that your battery charge is appropriate.
RChrisClark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 11:08 AM   #8

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Alamo Heights , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaRon View Post
They use cheap poorly wired USBs. One of mine caught fire in our 2015 FC 28. REPLACE THEM. Fortunately, we were in the trailer when ours burned.
While this is probably not the OP's issue (since ALL of his USB ports are down) I was disappointed by the crappy USB ports. I killed the one by my bed by plugging a phone and iPad in at the same time, it got hot and then never worked again. I bought a BlueSea dual-USB port to replace it, and when I removed the factory one I was surprised to find absurdly skinny little wires coming out of it. I think some of my whiskers are thicker than those conductors! I anticipate more replacements in my future.

Zero Gravitas — 2017 Flying Cloud 26U | WBCCI# 15566

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. — Sir Winston Churchill
DKB_SATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 12:52 PM   #9
Airstream Ambassador

Jackson Center , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajsingh View Post
Hello, I am new to this forum and have tried to search for USB receptacle issues and haven't found an answer - hoping someone can help me out. The USB receptacles in my 2017 Grand Touring Ext are not providing power. Is there a fuse for these and if so where is it located? Any other suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!
Hi rajsingh,

Please send us a direct message with your contact information and the last 6 digits of your VIN so we can share it with our Customer Service and Technical Support team. We look forward to helping you get this resolved.

You can also reach Airstream Customer Service and Technical Support at customer_support@airstream.com

Thank you.
Old 08-13-2018, 02:11 PM   #10
3 Rivet Member

2016 27' International
Anacortes , Washington
Our dual USB port as part of the stereo, CD cabinet in the overhead cabinet failed recently. Others in the front twin work. No fuses I could find but I unscrewed the CD cabinet and carefully turned it around so I could get a grip on the screw collar enough to turn it which released the USB port (note - on ours one only has to turn this collar about a quarter turn to release). The leads from the back of the USB were crimped onto the 120v wires, so I had to cut the wires to determine if voltage was going into the USB. It was, meaning the USB was faulty.

So, I ordered this unit from Amazon and installed that, using wire connectors for removal if I have to do it again. Nice unit.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Pat Pierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 02:49 PM   #11
Rivet Master

2007 22' International CCD
Corona , California
Yup. Blue Sea Systems makes a LOT of handy-dandy Airstream improvements to spend money on...like their waterproof M-series battery switches, for one...very handy for a positive battery disconnect switch. Highly recommended modification, BTW.

Not super cheap, but definitely marine-grade electrical hardware.
2012 shortbed CrewMax 4x4 Toyota Tacoma TV with more antennae on it.
rmkrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 08:28 PM   #12
1 Rivet Member

Morgan Hill , California
Thanks all for the very helpful feedback. I have also contacted airstream support and will let you all know how this is resolved.