Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-01-2018, 02:16 PM   #21
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
League City , Texas
The point about being able to store more dirty dishes in the deeper sink is well-taken. Currently we put them in our collapsible dish pan which we slide under the couch so that our dog can't get at it.
InterBlog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 08:16 PM   #22
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Port Angeles , Washington
I always filter water in the tank or ‘shore’ water. Tank has been spotless so far.

We don’t use a lot of water (Unless hooked up)- I’ve gone a week on a tank and still had 1/3 left easy.

That sink looks a lot like my 2006 sink- the faucet is on the other side. Probably better, since it seems to appear as a handhold for many people!
Lotus54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 02:22 PM   #23
4 Rivet Member

2015 Interstate Grand Tour
Lake Oswego , Oregon
As a followup to this thread, these photos help complete the picture of all that is possible to upgrade your Interstate kitchen sink area. Well... it's all I have to offer that is.

The custom made round sink cover works great as a backsplash to protect the screen mesh. And it just worked out by accident that the notched cutout of the wood that holds it in place on the sink also works perfectly to keep it in place surrounding the little bar of Corian that Airstream puts on as a kind of spill splash.

You may have seen my post in Small Space Living I think it was, about my paper towel holder getting moved to underneath for storing a roll, and the upper dispenser was upgraded to a ratcheting type of holder from Bed Bath Beyond that makes tearing off a half sheet with one hand a snap.

Well, I've been holding out on you... there is also a ton of storage around the standard garbage can for bottles of whatever. I've got three bottles stored laying down around the sides of the garbage can. If you get creative you can secure a couple more standing up on the shelf where the plumbing apparatus lives. I keep the bottles laying down in place with some stick-on kitchen door/drawer bumper stops. I used a round bottle and slid/pushed the bumper into place before the sticky set up, removed the bottle, then pressed down on them. When I place an odd shaped bottle in the same location, the bumpers still work well to keep it from sliding around when you open that drawer on a slope.

Cheers!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Backsplash in Place.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	245.7 KB
ID:	317867   Click image for larger version

Name:	Backsplash Detail.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	218.7 KB
ID:	317868  

Name:	Bottles in place.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	235.9 KB
ID:	317869   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bottle bumbersJPG.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	294.0 KB
ID:	317870  

Name:	Paper Towels Dual Roll.JPG
Views:	100
Size:	93.4 KB
ID:	317872  
Tronadora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 04:04 PM   #24
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Rancho Mirage , California
Looks very nice. Where did you buy the sink?
mail4sblair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 05:09 AM   #25
Rivet Master

2019 27' Flying Cloud
Kansas City , Missouri
That's just awesome.

Can't believe it isn't STANDARD EQUIPMENT issued from Airstream in the future. That sink and faucet is about 1 million times better than the original (which we had on the 22 sport).

In fact, Airstream in my opinion really messed up with the changes on the 22 sport when the added the humongous double sink and took away the kitchen counter space. Your mod would have been MUCH BETTER.

Well done!!!

Piggy Bank
Piggy Bank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2023, 12:41 PM   #26
1 Rivet Member

2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Golden , Colorado
I’ve been looking into replacing my kitchen sink and faucet on my 2018 Airstream Interstate. What you did is exactly what we want to do. Could you please send the link to your blog on how? The link in your message isn’t working. Much appreciated.
jgummoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2023, 05:43 AM   #27
4 Rivet Member

Lake Oswego , Oregon
Replacing the sink

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgummoe View Post
I’ve been looking into replacing my kitchen sink and faucet on my 2018 Airstream Interstate. What you did is exactly what we want to do. Could you please send the link to your blog on how? The link in your message isn’t working. Much appreciated.

My old blog is no longer published. Please PM me and I'll send photos and hopefully enough text to get you going. Let me know if you have the Lounge or Grand Tour. We just upsized to a Tiffin Allegro Bus and our 2015 Grand Tour is up for sale as of this date if anyone is interested.
Tronadora is offline   Reply With Quote