Old 12-24-2015, 10:22 AM   #15
Rivet Master

2014 Interstate Coach
Arroyo Grande & Central Point , California & Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxster1971 View Post
I got lucky. I had a longer power cord in my "collection" of old stuff I save when various electronic items die. 😄

I pulled the side panel above the driver seat to get full access to the wires running to TV. Have a closer look at the last two photos I posted above. They show the wire runs.

Merry Christmas!

- - Mike
2013 Lounge EXT on 2012 Sprinter
Just ordered a cord with a polarized C7 end on Amazon for 4 and a half bucks. I think I'd rather splice on an extension to the installed cord rather than taking more stuff apart. Is the rest of the wiring sufficient length? My tv will drop about 18".

Merry Christmas to you and your's Mike.

Bill

Old 12-24-2015, 04:29 PM   #16
Rivet Master

2013 Interstate Coach
Fulton , Maryland
Yes on mine the rest of the wiring had enough length to handle the drop. I also added a 90 deg elbow coaxial connector at the TV.

- - Mike

Boxster1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 04:54 PM   #17
3 Rivet Member

1978 31' Excella 500
Barrie , Ontario
I would like to mount a 32' Tv on the short wall that is on the living room side of the fridge, in mt 31' 1978 AS , I would like one that is easy to fasten tv to because I would take it down and lay it on the bed when travelling. Would the ones you see in stores work ok for this. ?
Old 12-24-2015, 05:51 PM   #18
Rivet Master

2011 Interstate Coach
Overland Park , Kansas
The TV mounts I've used all bolt to the TV and the wall. That's not to say that there's not one out there that's detachable. Check Mounts and More online as they have a large selection.

PM me for sale info on my 2011. SOLD!
Upfitted Transit 350 sitting in driveway.
73shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 06:10 PM   #19
Rivet Master

2014 Interstate Coach
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bev1940 View Post
I would like to mount a 32' Tv on the short wall that is on the living room side of the fridge, in mt 31' 1978 AS , I would like one that is easy to fasten tv to because I would take it down and lay it on the bed when travelling. Would the ones you see in stores work ok for this. ?
Here is a bracket that will support the tv you have and is easy to remove the tv for storage. MAX-Q TVQ-2020 LCD TV Bracket. It is available at americanrvcompany.com which carries several brackets. Be sure it's what you want though because this company has a 20% restocking charge on returns.

They also have swivel and articulating brackets that have the tv removal feature.
Old 12-26-2015, 01:57 PM   #20
Rivet Master

2014 Interstate Coach
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxster1971 View Post
Yes on mine the rest of the wiring had enough length to handle the drop. I also added a 90 deg elbow coaxial connector at the TV.

- - Mike
Hi Mike, I just removed my tv and noticed that all wiring that drops from the hole in the ceiling was too short to accomodate a drop mount. Do these have more length buried in the ceiling that I need to access or it is possible that on my coach I will need extensions/

Thanks,
Bill
Old 12-26-2015, 04:10 PM   #21
Rivet Master

2013 Interstate Coach
Fulton , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by c21bill View Post
Hi Mike, I just removed my tv and noticed that all wiring that drops from the hole in the ceiling was too short to accomodate a drop mount. Do these have more length buried in the ceiling that I need to access or it is possible that on my coach I will need extensions/

Thanks,

Bill

It's been awhile since I did mine so I don't recall all the details. I do remember there was some extra length buried in the wall above drivers head, which is why I removed that side panel. I did use a longer power cord and I may have had to extend the coaxial cable, an easy task. There was a lot of extra audio wiring.

- - Mike
Boxster1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 05:37 AM   #22
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Rockwell , North Carolina
Time for an update on installing the larger TV.

Our current camping trip is the first time we have used the new TV. As expected, the larger screen improves the viewing experience. The Samsung's picture quality is much better than the Sansui. We have not found a need for dropping the screen down as the viewing angle from the rear sofa is excellent, especially when we partially recline the sofa.

I had previously wired the TV to play through the Kenwood sound system (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f240...rs-126668.html). With the Sansui with the built in DVD player, the sound through the rear speakers was such that understanding movie dialogue required turning the volume up to a high level. It was not clear and crisp.

With the new TV not having a built-in player, I was forced to install a separate DVD player. I chose a Sony Blue-Ray unit. It uses an HDMI connection to the TV. The combination of the new TV's better quality sound and the higher quality of the Sony player has resulted in vastly improved sound quality.

jerhofer is offline   Reply With Quote