Old 06-08-2015, 08:24 PM   #1
4 Rivet Member
2011 Interstate Coach
Muskogee , Oklahoma
Turbo inlet hose warning

After getting my Interstate serviced, I happened to check under the hood and noticed the air inlet hose that connects to the turbo was loose. I'm guessing the tech pulled open the air cleaner top to check the air cleaner, and didn't remove the hose to the turbo and it was loosened in the process. To locate it, just follow the hose leading from the air cleaner that curves to the left (looking at it from the front) to the area right behind the air filter. You will find the hose connected with a c-clamp to the turbo inlet.

I thought it was just a matter of tightening the hose, but it's more complicated. Underneath the hose is a rubberish orange gasket that goes over the turbo inlet to seal off the air from the outside getting in. It's a real pain to get the hose tightened down as the hose kept sliding off the gasket as I tightened it down. Finally, I got it but not before the orange gasket had split it two (it may have been this way when I began though as I hadn't inspected it). $49.00 later I have a new gasket on the way and will replace it.

I post this just to give notice that you should keep an eye on the connection to the turbo inlet hose. It would not be a good day if it came off or let debris in the turbo on startup.
2011 Interstate WD/Lounge
gmillerok1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules