Old 05-09-2014, 10:43 AM   #15
Rivet Master

2018 23' International
Currently Looking...
San Diego , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by 73shark View Post
Did go to a soccer tournament w/ grandson and we stayed in the RV. All of his teammates were always fighting to see who could ride w/ us to the games. Seemed to think it was a big deal.
This is almost the same with husband's cycling team buddies. They LOVE our rv. They love getting to ride to a race with him. They also love using our toilet instead of the porta potties at races. Maybe that's the real reason they love it!!

weirdstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 09:07 AM   #16
Rivet Master

2014 Interstate Coach
Arroyo Grande & Central Point , California & Oregon
We have a 7,000 mi, 30ish day trip planned for this Dec. We will probably opt for a hotel every 6 or 7 days to stretch out and do up laundry. This is a concession to wife who really isnt thrilled with AI having moved down from a 39' pusher to a B+ Navion IQ to the AI. I however, am the one doing the driving and I am thrilled with the drivability of these coaches. If it were just me, there would be no hotels.

Old 05-10-2014, 03:51 PM   #17
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Nowhere , Somewhere
After talking with my wife, she reminded me that when we had the Interstate, we needed to stop every so often to let the thing air out. It is really confined. Jim
Old 05-10-2014, 04:55 PM   #18
Rivet Master

2018 23' International
Currently Looking...
San Diego , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by zigzagguzzi View Post
After talking with my wife, she reminded me that when we had the Interstate, we needed to stop every so often to let the thing air out. It is really confined. Jim
I don't think we'll have that problem, because, you see, we have what is called "perpetual dog breath" air freshener." We've had it in all our vehicles. They all smelled the same, and we just got used to it. I suspect the Interstate will develop the same scent after a while.
weirdstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 05:43 PM   #19
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Quote:
Originally Posted by zigzagguzzi View Post
Mine doesn't seem to have that problem. I store it with the rooftop vent and bathroom vent open. I camp with the rooftop vent and bathroom vent open. I drive with the rooftop vent open and bathroom vent closed. The only time I close the rooftop vent is for an impending hurricane. The air never gets stale or funky-smelling.
WBCCI #1105
TAC LA-4

My Google-Fu is strong today.
Protagonist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 01:27 PM   #20
3 Rivet Member

2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Springfield , Missouri
We like to rent a cabin in Tennessee or Colorado or a beach house in Florida, The Airstream is wonderful to travel in, we usually pull off in a rest area or RV park along the way. It's really nice that the AI is small enough to use as our get around vehicle after arriving at our destination.
Old 05-12-2014, 12:50 AM   #21
3 Rivet Member

2012 Interstate Coach
norman , Oklahoma
Looks like we are in the extreme minority but we have never spent the night in the AI. We have used it to travel to many fine destinations where we stayed in hotels or B&B's. Perhaps traveling with our two year old is a contributing factor to our lodging pattern. I have stayed in the AI on two occasions when traveling alone on "transit" stages. The shower has only ever been used when the little one needed a quick freshening, no adults were harmed. We have never cooked in the AI beyond microwave popcorn, though the microwave used to get a regular workout sanitizing baby bottles.
Old 05-12-2014, 01:00 AM   #22
Rivet Master

1963 16' Bambi
Yreka , California
We stay in motels or hotels only when we need to drive our car.... otherwise it is with our sweet camper. Nothing like sleeping in your own bed for a good night's rest!

My blogs: http://yrekahistory.blogspot.com
http://siskiyoucountycamping.blogspot.com
http://campingalongi-5.blogspot.com/
CaddyGrn is offline   Reply With Quote