Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Sprinter and B-van Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-09-2015, 09:17 PM   #21
Rivet Master

2005 39' Skydeck 390 SD
Hillsboro , Texas
I had the same. After installing the TPMS both of my rear inner tire would loose air. Of course the TPMS did let me know.
Petet
PSchw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 10:55 AM   #22
Rivet Master

2013 Interstate Coach
Waterloo , Iowa
Before spending the $120 I want to me sure they'll fit:

The AI dual rear wheels are steel rim on the inner and aluminum rim on the outer. These DKL1SPAL work for that - correct?

The straight long one goes on the inner wheel (currently a rubber stem)l, with the rubber grommet going in the aluminum outer wheel and the inner stem is threaded through the grommet - for extra strength.

The 135deg one is a replacement stem for the outer rim - but is a bit unnecessary. My outer rim already has a metal stem, allowing me to screw a 135 deg extension onto it. This simply replaces the two-piece outer stem with a one-piece. Correct?
Titus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 12:59 PM   #23
Rivet Master

2024 Interstate 19
Fulton , Maryland
Titus - you are correct.

- - Mike
2013 Interstate Lounge EXT on 2012 Sprinter
Previous: 2013 Airstream Interstate 3500 Ext Lounge
Boxster1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 09:58 AM   #24
4 Rivet Member

2015 Interstate Grand Tour
Southaven , Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by c21bill View Post
(use a quality tire shop that will take the time to properly align the inner tire stems).
I have a 2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext and believe the DL1SPAL is the one that fits my vehicle. I plan on ordering these and have the local tire shop (Gateway Tire) install these. I don't want to sound to dumb, but what is the proper alignment of the inner tire stems? They may know this, I just want to be able to tell them and also be able to visually see that they are installed correctly. I also plan to have all tire balanced, is this something most Interstate owners have done?

Thanks
Dalwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 12:42 PM   #25
Rivet Master

2011 Interstate Coach
Overland Park , Kansas
The inner extension comes straight out thru one of the "windows in the outer wheel. There's a rubber stabilizer that fits in the window and the extension comes thru the hole in it. There's really no alignment required.

Besides balancing, you should also get the front end aligned w/ the van loaded as close as possible to the normal travel weight. Have the camber set as close to zero as the specs allow. This may require the special camber bolt that MB sells.

2011 Interstate SOLD! Upfitted 2017 Transit 350. SOLD!
73shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 01:38 PM   #26
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Quote:
Originally Posted by 73shark View Post
There's a rubber stabilizer that fits in the window and the extension comes thru the hole in it. There's really no alignment required.
That's a new one on me! My Interstate doesn't have any kind of rubber stabilizers that fit the slot in the outer wheels— never did. Any idea where I could buy some?
Old 12-14-2015, 02:05 PM   #27
4 Rivet Member

Southaven , Mississippi
Quote:
The inner extension comes straight out thru one of the "windows in the outer wheel. There's a rubber stabilizer that fits in the window and the extension comes thru the hole in it. There's really no alignment required. Besides balancing, you should also get the front end aligned w/ the van loaded as close as possible to the normal travel weight. Have the camber set as close to zero as the specs allow. This may require the special camber bolt that MB sells.
Thanks appreciate the info.
Old 12-14-2015, 02:49 PM   #28
c21
Rivet Master

2014 Interstate Coach
Arroyo Grande & Central Point , California & Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protagonist View Post
That's a new one on me! My Interstate doesn't have any kind of rubber stabilizers that fit the slot in the outer wheels— never did. Any idea where I could buy some?
They come with the DL1SPAL Dually Valve Kit. You can check with

yourtireshopsupply.com to see if they are available seperately. One thing to consider is that over the years Airstream used different wheels with different size/shape hand holes and the stabilizers are specific to the hole configuration.
c21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 04:53 PM   #29
Rivet Master

2011 Interstate Coach
Overland Park , Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protagonist View Post
They came w/ my DL1SPAL Chrome Dually Valve Kit.

Old 12-15-2015, 01:07 PM   #30
4 Rivet Member

Southaven , Mississippi
Quote:
Have the camber set as close to zero as the specs allow. This may require the special camber bolt that MB sells.
Question how do I determine if I will need the special camber bolt? Is this something that can be determined before the shop does the alignment or is it only determinable as part of the alignment? Just wondering if I should order before I take it in.

Thanks
Old 12-15-2015, 03:31 PM   #31
Rivet Master

2011 Interstate Coach
Overland Park , Kansas
Will be determined during the alignment. He could align mine within spec w/o the special bolt but couldn't get it close to the "zero" side of the spec. Since I wasn't at a MB dealer, I had to leave it at that. Haven't put enuf miles on the tires to see if it was enuf to eliminate the excessive wear on the outside rib.

If you have yours done at a MB dealer, you could check to see if they have them in stock. I think they run about $8.00 ea.

Old 12-15-2015, 05:15 PM   #32
Rivet Master

2024 Interstate 19
Fulton , Maryland
Quote:
Will be determined during the alignment. He could align mine within spec w/o the special bolt but couldn't get it close to the "zero" side of the spec. Since I wasn't at a MB dealer, I had to leave it at that. Haven't put enuf miles on the tires to see if it was enuf to eliminate the excessive wear on the outside rib.

If you have yours done at a MB dealer, you could check to see if they have them in stock. I think they run about $8.00 ea.

My dealer charged me $15 for a pair used during my alignment.

- - Mike
2013 Lounge EXT on 2012 Sprinter
Previous: 2013 Airstream Interstate 3500 Ext Lounge
Boxster1971 is offline   Reply With Quote