Old 03-12-2014, 12:05 PM   #15
3 Rivet Member
2013 Interstate Coach
Flemington , New Jersey
Originally Posted by Protagonist View Post
I haven't actually measured the horsepower or torque increases, so my answer can only be subjective. I have noticed that my Interstate seems to accelerate with a bit more authority, getting up to highway speeds from a standing start more quickly. I also noticed that on the up-slopes I've encountered since, I haven't had to downshift even once to maintain my speed, and the ECU hasn't automatically shifted into passing gear to climb a slope, either. It seems to climb as well in "D" as it used to do in "4." Mind you, since getting the RennTech tune the most up-and-down has been rolling hills and a few high steep bridges, not real mountains or anything of the sort, so take that with a grain of salt for now.

But the biggest difference I've noticed was while towing my Honda, I got 19mpg. 19! I hardly ever used to get that when I wasn't towing! Okay, granted there was probably a tailwind, but still, an increase of almost 2mpg while towing means that the RennTech ECU tune is no toy, but the real deal.
Perfect feedback! Exactly what I was looking for. Thank you. The Renntech software is my next upgrade. I will be towing with mine as well, so this will definitely help.

2013 Interstate
2014 Little Guy 5x10 Silver Shadow
Tiato is offline   Reply With Quote