Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Sprinter and B-van Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-07-2016, 12:38 PM   #21
Adventure Gypsy

2015 Interstate Grand Tour
Phoenix , Arizona
Hot water heater perhaps?

Somebody may have already mentioned that the hot water heater is right next to the electronic box under the drivers side lounge on the Grand Tour's. The hot water heater starter ticks when it is trying to start burner. If for some reason the LP side of the hot water heater starter switch were in the on position and the LP cutoff switch at fill location was closed, the hot water heater would keep trying to ignite. However, since there was no LP getting to it, it would just keep constantly trying to ignite and thus the ticking. I say this because you originally said that it stopped when you turned off hot water heater it quit . Sorry if I am wrong on this. If it is indeed coming directly from electronic box and not resonating through it from hot water heater right next to it. If so I am not sure about electric issue. Others here have way more knowledge about this than I do.