Old 05-09-2016, 09:23 AM   #15
2 Rivet Member

1989 34' Excella
Austin , Texas
Thanks for the BIM definition. I'll soon be troubleshooting the same on my trailer, so I appreciate the info!

Old 05-15-2016, 03:16 PM   #16
2 Rivet Member

2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Charlotte , North Carolina
Does anyone know if there is a way to get the constant ticking to stop while traveling down the road? We haven't been able to get the BMI looked at yet and the sound gets quite obnoxious. We have realized now that the ticking has nothing to do with the propane.

Old 05-15-2016, 04:35 PM   #17
Rivet Master

2013 Interstate Coach
Fulton , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackpearl View Post
Does anyone know if there is a way to get the constant ticking to stop while traveling down the road? We haven't been able to get the BMI looked at yet and the sound gets quite obnoxious. We have realized now that the ticking has nothing to do with the propane.
If you have constant ticking while traveling down the road and the batteries are connected there is something wrong. It could be a loose connector on the BIM terminals that connect tot he two battery systems.

Another source of this noise could be the solar controller. Its hard to say for sure without hearing the sound.

Not much you can do with either source unless you open up the compartment under the rear lounge seat where both items are located. If you do open that area be careful as there are open 12VDC connections all over this area. Need to carefully check for loose connections first.

Is this noise so loud that you can hear it up front while driving?
Old 05-15-2016, 05:17 PM   #18
Rivet Master

2011 Interstate Coach
Overland Park , Kansas
Can you localize the "ticking" sound?

PM me for sale info on my 2011. SOLD!
Upfitted Transit 350 sitting in driveway.
73shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 07:25 AM   #19
2 Rivet Member

The passengers in the back can really hear it. From the front you have to listen hard.
Old 05-16-2016, 07:26 AM   #20
2 Rivet Member

Thanks for all the help. The sound is definitely coming from the battery box under the lounge.
Old 06-07-2016, 01:38 PM   #21
Adventure Gypsy

2015 Interstate Grand Tour
Phoenix , Arizona
Hot water heater perhaps?

Somebody may have already mentioned that the hot water heater is right next to the electronic box under the drivers side lounge on the Grand Tour's. The hot water heater starter ticks when it is trying to start burner. If for some reason the LP side of the hot water heater starter switch were in the on position and the LP cutoff switch at fill location was closed, the hot water heater would keep trying to ignite. However, since there was no LP getting to it, it would just keep constantly trying to ignite and thus the ticking. I say this because you originally said that it stopped when you turned off hot water heater it quit . Sorry if I am wrong on this. If it is indeed coming directly from electronic box and not resonating through it from hot water heater right next to it. If so I am not sure about electric issue. Others here have way more knowledge about this than I do.