Old 05-27-2013, 12:03 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2012 Interstate Coach
norman , Oklahoma
Thinking about 'upgrading' toilet ...

This one has a "china" bowl (which seems more upscale) and a taller seated height and depending on how you interpret their specs, a more enlongated bowl.
Thetford Aqua-Magic Style Plus
Aqua Magic Style Plus

If fitment is an issue, I would at least upgrade to the tall version of our model: (adds about 4-4.5" to the seated height)
Aqua MagicŪ V Foot Pedal Flus
Aqua Magic V Foot Pedal Flush

As long as I don't have any fitment issues the first option seems like a great upgrade to me. I have done a lot of home remodeling and always go with the taller ADA height toilets (aka "comfort" height) with the enlongated bowl. Seems like a logical upgrade to the RV as well.

Any thoughts?

Old 05-27-2013, 12:41 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2007 30' Classic
Oswego , Illinois
I upgraded to this one> I believe it is now standard in the new Classics. It is a china bowl, but plastic elsewhere. (lighter than all china) I like it a lot and is definitely more comfortable than the OE Thetford Bravura. is is cheaper than all the Thetford models as well. Have had it for almost a year and works well.

https://www.dometic.com/enus/America...ctdataid=91878

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." - Red Green
dznf0g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 12:53 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2008 27' International CCD FB
Petaluma , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by dznf0g View Post
I upgraded to this one> I believe it is now standard in the new Classics. It is a china bowl, but plastic elsewhere. (lighter than all china) I like it a lot and is definitely more comfortable than the OE Thetford Bravura. is is cheaper than all the Thetford models as well. Have had it for almost a year and works well.

https://www.dometic.com/enus/America...ctdataid=91878
We are thinking about this as well with the sprayer attachment. How easy is the install? (We have a 2007 27FB)
Old 05-27-2013, 12:59 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2007 30' Classic
Oswego , Illinois
Very easy. It came with the floor gasket. You will need a flexible hose connector for the water supply. About a 30 minute job. I got the model with the hand sprayer as well.

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." - Red Green
Old 05-27-2013, 01:25 PM   #5
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
1977 31' Excella 500
Berkeley Springs , West Virginia
I put a new elongated china bowl toilet in my 34 footer a few years ago and have been very happy with it. Mine is a different brand; a Sealand Traveler, but it's about the same thing.

Big advantage I've seen with Thetford is their parts availability is better than Sealand's (a division of Dometic). The flush valve on the Traveler is prone to cracking from freezing if you don't get all the water out of it when you winterize, and it's hard to get all the water out. Ask me how I know

But Camping World has the valves and I bought two of them (one to replace the busted one and one to keep for a spare) as every big campground seems to have Thetford parts but nobody has Dometic parts in the clubhouse.

That being said, I've never busted another one because I now run the RV Antifreeze through the coach instead of just blowing the lines out with compressed air (I do that first, then run the red "edible" antifreeze through the whole thing).

Two things that are nice to have: A good bed, and a good toilet. If you don't, might as well sell the silver tube and stay in a tent

Best of luck,
Old 05-27-2013, 01:30 PM   #6
cwf
Rivet Master

1999 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Hillsboro , Texas
So, our 99 has a leaking valve. By the time I pull to repair I can replace.... Hmmm
cwf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 01:50 PM   #7
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Quote:
Originally Posted by russ240 View Post
This one has a "china" bowl (which seems more upscale) and a taller seated height and depending on how you interpret their specs, a more enlongated bowl.
Aqua Magic Style Plus

If fitment is an issue, I would at least upgrade to the tall version of our model: (adds about 4-4.5" to the seated height)

As long as I don't have any fitment issues the first option seems like a great upgrade to me. I have done a lot of home remodeling and always go with the taller ADA height toilets (aka "comfort" height) with the enlongated bowl. Seems like a logical upgrade to the RV as well.

Any thoughts?
Watch out on taller seated heights; your black tank in a late-model Interstate is above floor level, so the height of the seat has to be measured from the top of the black tank when ordering a new bowl.
WBCCI #1105
TAC LA-4

My Google-Fu is strong today.
Protagonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 01:51 PM   #8
3 Rivet Member

2012 Interstate Coach
norman , Oklahoma
hmmm. the dometic literature says Full-size, residential style seat ... I wonder if that means it is compatible with residential seats. We have this seat for our little one at home, it would be great to put one in the RV:
KOHLER | K-4732 | Transitions Elongated Toilet Seat with Q3 Advantage
Old 05-27-2013, 04:10 PM   #9
Rivet Master

2007 30' Classic
Oswego , Illinois
Quote:
hmmm. the dometic literature says Full-size, residential style seat ... I wonder if that means it is compatible with residential seats. We have this seat for our little one at home, it would be great to put one in the RV:
KOHLER | K-4732 | Transitions Elongated Toilet Seat with Q3 Advantage
Although I have not changed the original out, it is my understanding that you can go to the hardware and get the residential elongated set of your choice and it will fit.

Old 05-27-2013, 04:25 PM   #10
Rivet Master

2000 31' Land Yacht
Central , Florida
When we switched, plastic to porcelain was one criteria, lower height another but was amazed at the extra comfort of the seat flat rather than angled, more like home seat.
Old 05-28-2013, 10:45 PM   #11
Rivet Master

2011 Interstate Coach
Overland Park , Kansas
Read once where the human body is constructed such that waste elimination works best in a squatting position, ie, lower toilet seat.

PM me for sale info on my 2011. SOLD!
Upfitted Transit 350 sitting in driveway.
73shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 03:35 PM   #12
Wise Elder

2010 30' Classic
Vintage Kin Owner
South of the river , Minnesota
Quote:
Aqua Magic Style Plus

Any thoughts?
As others have noted the factory seems to have gone to the Dometic toilets. For a variety of reasons I switched to the (Dometic) Sealand Traveler in mine, although those are now discontinued. There's a new replacement model that is similar but has the flush pedal on the other side and a better (IMO) bowl design; I have that one in my truck camper.

Installation is straightforward although you will have to repipe the water supply. I added a couple of PEX elbows and reused the pipe to move the supply from one side to the other. Flex hose gets the job done too but not as neat.

The Dometic toilets generally can be repaired in place while the Thetford toilets, at least in my experience, have to be removed for repair. I suppose it depends a little on clearance.