Old 01-31-2015, 10:35 AM   #43
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Original exhaust fan is still working. Have you checked fuses?

I am still all about leaving the door open to dry things out.

Maggie

Old 01-31-2015, 10:59 AM   #44

2013 Interstate Coach
Fort Worth , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by FunWaggin View Post
We use the wet bath frequently and prefer it to the bath houses. On our trip to Key West our exhaust fan stopped working and we are really missing it. It became very clear how effective it is drying out the curtain and the walls. Has anyone else had the exhaust fan quit? Still have to make the trek home. Not sure if this is a diy?
Our bathroom vent face quit and I checked everything I could to find the problem with no results. Took it to the Airstream dealer and they didn't even bother to look for a cause, they simply replaced the vent fan. I don't know if replacing the fan is a DIY project or not. We have an extended warranty on the Airstream bits parts and pieces and at my age my wife would kill me if she caught me climbing around on the roof of the AI.

As for keeping the wet bath clean, we keep a spray bottle of Method Shower Cleaner in the cabinet across from the door to the wet bath and it is everyone's duty to spray the entire wet bath compartment thoroughly after a shower. The shower cleaner contains a surfactant to speed water runoff, a very mild disinfectant to sanitize everything, as well as an almost unnoticeable scent to cover any olfactory issues. Spray the wet bath, leave the vent fan running, and within a short time the compartment is dry, clean, and fresh smelling.

Navajo saying
joemikeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 03:56 PM   #45
Dachsiemobile

2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Lubbock , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by FunWaggin View Post
We use the wet bath frequently and prefer it to the bath houses. On our trip to Key West our exhaust fan stopped working and we are really missing it. It became very clear how effective it is drying out the curtain and the walls. Has anyone else had the exhaust fan quit? Still have to make the trek home. Not sure if this is a diy?

FunWaggin'

Our bath vent fan quit working, and with a little research, we found that the seal sometimes catches in the fan if you drive with the vent open. That is what happened to ours. Still need to get it fixed before we go anywhere humid!

Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums
Old 02-01-2015, 06:35 AM   #46
2 Rivet Member

2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Raleigh , North Carolina
We made the mistake of leaving the vent open and running while we were moving. Time to get a new fan I guess. Thanks for sharing your research.

FunWaggin'
Old 09-25-2016, 08:22 AM   #47
2 Rivet Member

2006 22' Parkway
North Augusta , South Carolina
Shower curtain removal. HOW?

I realize this is an old thread, but I'm hoping some of you can shed some insight.

How is your shower curtain hung in your Interstate bath (particularly, those of you with older Interstates)? My husband wanted to wash the shower curtain, but the one in our rig is attached via plastic sliders on a metal slide "tube." The two ends are crimped partially shut so you cannot just slide the curtain sliders off. In addition, the sliders are sewn to the curtain.

Am I missing some key thing here OR is this not your typical shower curtain attachment?
Old 09-25-2016, 08:43 AM   #48
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
I think the ends of your slider rod have been crimped by a previous owner, as sliding the plastic hangers off is how you remove the shower curtain.

I would try to uncrimp the ends, or wash manually using a bucket.

Maggie
Old 09-25-2016, 09:26 AM   #49
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
Metairie , Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily&Me View Post
I think the ends of your slider rod have been crimped by a previous owner, as sliding the plastic hangers off is how you remove the shower curtain.
Mine came crimped at both ends as well.
WBCCI #1105
TAC LA-4

Engineering: Finding complex solutions to simple problems you didn't even know you had.
Protagonist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 10:44 PM   #50
2 Rivet Member

2017 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Small Town TX & CO , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protagonist View Post
the towel is taken outside (weather permitting) and hung on a magnetic towel bar stuck to the side of the van to dry.

Great idea!
Old 09-26-2016, 06:12 PM   #51
1 Rivet Member

We love taking showers in our 2015 Interstate EXT Lounge. The water pressure and temperature of water is great. WAY better than public facilities. One problem we have is the toilet paper cover does not prevent water from entering so we have to remove the tp every time we shower. It sounds like this is a problem that they do not have a solution to. My husband showers while I make coffee and breakfast then I shower. I like to spray down the toilet after I am finished. I bought wire racks and a squeegee that have suction cups for the wall from Bed, Bath and Beyond. They stay put even while we are on the road. I squeegee the walls and floor then wipe the chrome and toilet with a towel. We bought a teak rack (from BBB as well) for the floor that we take out to shower then put back in when we are finished. We also bought a set of screens for the drain so hair is caught in the screen and does not go into the tank. We use the microfiber towels and wash clothes (they kind of stick to you when you dry) because they dry super fast. My big compliant is that they installed the shower curtain so you can not take it down to wash without uncrimping the track it glides on. Poor design in my opinion. I am also thinking of getting a custom made teak rack that fits the geometry of the floor space.
Old 09-26-2016, 06:56 PM   #52
Rivet Master

2011 Interstate Coach
Overland Park , Kansas
Someone on this forum sells a teak floor rack designed specifically the AI. See post#6 here. Post #9 shows a pic.

PM me for sale info on my 2011. SOLD!
Upfitted Transit 350 sitting in driveway.
73shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 11:33 PM   #53
2 Rivet Member

2017 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Small Town TX & CO , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by 73shark View Post
Someone on this forum sells a teak floor rack designed specifically the AI. See post#6 here. Post #9 shows a pic.
Direct link to the Airstream mats -- https://www.teakworks4u.com/store/Te...for-Airstream/ (We've got one ordered for our Grand Tour)
Old 09-27-2016, 06:43 AM   #54
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Those are pretty cool, and nice that Airstream is offering them.

There was a lot of interest in them when they first popped up here.

Maggie
Old 09-27-2016, 09:27 AM   #55
3 Rivet Member

2013 Interstate Coach
Raymond , Iowa
Shower rail is crimped at the factory. East to uncramp with a flat bladed screwdriver. I uncrimped at the back so the curtain did not slide off when bundled at the front - which it is while driving.