Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Sprinter and B-van Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-14-2014, 03:13 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
League City , Texas
The art of Interstatement

Following up on the New Airstream store - no love for Interstate owners! thread, I invite everyone to post about what they have added in the way of artistic touches to their Interstates. Not necessarily practical or small-space-related, but more purely artistic and expressional.

In that no-love thread, the Interstate's current non-iconic status (relative to trailers) was discussed. Part of its lack of recognizeability derives from the fact that nobody has really grabbed the idea of Interstate and run with it the way countless people have done with the trailers. It's the artistic interpretation that captures the public's imagination, and that has not yet come to fruition in our vehicles.

I will kick off the thread by posting a pic of this photo/ postcard/ small handicraft display idea, crediting bugsbunny for the inspiration. This doesn't exactly elevate our vehicle into the "pimp my ride" category of self-expression, but it's a small step in that direction (eccentric as it is).

But what, exactly, have I used to create this? For that, you'll have to click the link.

THE INTERSTATE BLOG: ART FOCAL WALL FOR THE AIRSTREAM INTERSTATE
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1-DSC_0403.JPG
Views:	191
Size:	327.5 KB
ID:	228594  
InterBlog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 08:26 PM   #2
X New Yorker

2013 Interstate Coach
Springfield , Massachusetts
I love it! You are an artist.
X New Yorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 08:23 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
League City , Texas
I changed my mind on this one, because I found a product I like better: skinny strips from The Container Store. They are thin metal strips with super-strong magnets that remind me of rivets. Best of all, they are extremely flexible and can be made to conform to curving motorhome or trailer walls. There are adhesive pads down the backside, so no gapping between the aluminum and the strip, and no holes or damage to the aluminum. A cleaner look than my first idea. Would support heavier items also.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1-DSC_0545.JPG
Views:	147
Size:	240.6 KB
ID:	233355   Click image for larger version

Name:	1-DSC_0536.JPG
Views:	133
Size:	231.5 KB
ID:	233356  

InterBlog is offline   Reply With Quote