Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Sprinter and B-van Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-22-2018, 08:10 PM   #21
Contributing Member

2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Austin (Hays County) , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamaron View Post
Ours clears the fridge door. Actually keeps it from swinging as it is right on top of carpet. I can post a pic if u want.
May depend on the thickness of the carpet. Mine does not clear the carpet I have; just bunches it up. I checked before I cut the carpet to length. The carpet is not very thick, but the door is very low.
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 04:18 PM   #22
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Boca Raton , Florida
An interesting benefit of the new carpet that we hadn’t thought of.

The sound dampening the carpet creates is quite noticeable.
Teamaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 05:15 PM   #23
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
League City , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamaron View Post
An interesting benefit of the new carpet that we hadn’t thought of.

The sound dampening the carpet creates is quite noticeable.
Oh my gosh, YES. We re-carpeted our cab (here) and were delighted with the noise reduction.

The only reason why I don't do the entire van in a fixed carpet such as this is that we routinely make a mess of it. A muddy MESS of it (we have rubber mats in the cab now). Anything I put behind the cab needs to be easily washable.

This is our cab carpeting - it's the standard boat stock that West Marine sells. Plain, but for the center runner, I'd like a little more pizzazz. Maybe I should go matchy-matchy, but I'd like to try an alternative.

InterBlog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 09:43 AM   #24
2 Rivet Member

2023 20' Caravel
Maple Valley , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by InterBlog View Post
If anyone here is planning an order from TEAK CARPET LLC (the OP's vendor) and you happen to be thinking about Platinum Black #0095, please let me know.

That's what I'd like to try making a center aisle mat out of, but one thing you'll learn really quickly if you dabble in marine carpeting is that it is hella expensive. And, there are minimum purchase requirements. So if I get together with another buyer, that vendor will not up-charge on what would otherwise be a too-large minimum yardage order for me (he told me this).

He also mentioned that someone else unrelated to this forum may be making an order of that color and I might be able to piggy-back on their order, but I thought I'd throw this possibility out here.

Platinum black looks like it would go best with the T1N scheme, for those of us who have gray Ultraleather.

I would love to order a runner and haven’t found anything that is narrow enough. This would look great! I have the dark floor and am flexible on color. Any idea on price?
Semmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 11:51 AM   #25
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Boca Raton , Florida
Here’s a few pics today with lights on
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0705.JPG
Views:	94
Size:	255.3 KB
ID:	304867Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0708.JPG
Views:	106
Size:	245.3 KB
ID:	304868
Old 02-24-2018, 11:52 AM   #26
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Boca Raton , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Semmons View Post
I would love to order a runner and haven’t found anything that is narrow enough. This would look great! I have the dark floor and am flexible on color. Any idea on price?

Email the teak carpet guy.
Quotes are free
Old 02-24-2018, 04:25 PM   #27
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
League City , Texas
It's listed here as $5.95 per square foot, and then add charges for binding and whatnot.

I have another email into the guy, but it's the weekend.
Old 03-01-2018, 12:28 PM   #28
2 Rivet Member

2023 20' Caravel
Maple Valley , Washington
I got a quote today, $448 for a 7' runner and mat for the top of the stairs. Price includes shipping and a rather large remnant piece (the remainder from the 7'). $55 to add rubber backing. I'm sure they would look really nice.
Semmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 05:57 PM   #29
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
League City , Texas
I got tired of chasing the teak carpet guys and I needed an interim mat solution, so I bought a restaurant-style rubber-backed mat from the BORG and trimmed it to fit. Cutting in the valleys of the pile seems to prevent unraveling at the edges, at least so far.

It's annoying - this is another case where the available options seem to be either $18 as this one was, or closer to $500, with no choices in between. First-world problems manifesting once again.