Old 12-13-2017, 11:20 AM   #29
3 Rivet Member

2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Camas , Washington
Great tip! Always use due diligence regardless who is selling. My worst experience ever was via Alibaba site, Amazon been good so far.

Air99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 09:30 AM   #30
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Sneedville , Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tincampers View Post
2007 AI mid-bath for sale on ebay. I wonder if this was the same one that sold back in August for the BIN price?

http://r.ebay.com/jlo4tw

Good deal if you can get it for the opening bid.
Didn't sell. Kind of surprising, but maybe its the wrong time of the year.

Tincampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 07:15 AM   #31
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
League City , Texas
This might represent a common variant on the scam theme, in which scammers appear to take over closed RV businesses so as to appear legit.

That is the same unusual (cream ultraleather!) T1N Interstate that was for sale in Sedona AZ in October 2017, now for sale in Wyoming at a drastically-reduced price. The seller's website appears sophisticated and legitimate, but when I look at the Google ground view of their property, this (below) is what appears. The lot is (or was) for sale. And the Interstate photos in the sales listing appear to have been scraped.

IRRC, someone here (was it Tincampers?) looked at that unit last fall when it was for sale in Sedona. I wonder if it was actually sold at that time... that I cannot recall.

If this is a scam, it's pretty bold of them to use RV Trader for this purpose. Most of these guys stick to back channels such as Craigslist. I alerted RV Trader to the possibility of scam.

InterBlog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 08:50 AM   #32
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Sneedville , Tennessee
We bought the one in Sedona. That is ours. The one in the eBay ad was from Indiana at the time. I have reported the seller to RVTrader. Hopefully, they will take it seriously.
Old 02-12-2018, 09:45 AM   #33
3 Rivet Member

2018 30' International
2018 Interstate Lounge Ext
Bend , Oregon
Quote:
We bought the one in Sedona. That is ours. The one in the eBay ad was from Indiana at the time. I have reported the seller to RVTrader. Hopefully, they will take it seriously.

Verifying Inventory

Recently we sold a vehicle with one of the online services (cars.com or Autotrader) and they required us to write a list of unique characters in marker on a sheet of paper, then open the drivers door and tape to inside of the windshield on passenger side.

It was a PIA, but effective I guess.

Perhaps RV Trader will go this route

Previous 9 pass Interstate's owned:
2014.5, 2015, 2016, 2017 (4x4)
ScottP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 10:47 AM   #34
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Sneedville , Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottP View Post
Verifying Inventory

Recently we sold a vehicle with one of the online services (cars.com or Autotrader) and they required us to write a list of unique characters in marker on a sheet of paper, then open the drivers door and tape to inside of the windshield on passenger side.

It was a PIA, but effective I guess.

Perhaps RV Trader will go this route
I have sold cell phones through Swappa and they do the same thing. Helps to eliminate fraud.
Old 02-13-2018, 07:02 AM   #35
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
League City , Texas
Quote:

I could not recall if you had bought it or just looked at it.

We seem to belong to a bizarre club now - “people whose Interstates have been illegally offered for sale by others”.

Upside for other T1N owners: if someone tries to scam-sell your rig, chances are good that someone on Air Forms will spot it. We need to do what we can to stop these (inset disallowed obscenity here) who try so hard and so convincingly to rip off aspiring members of our ownership community. Civic duty and all.
Old 02-13-2018, 10:14 AM   #36
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Sneedville , Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by InterBlog View Post
I could not recall if you had bought it or just looked at it.

We seem to belong to a bizarre club now - “people whose Interstates have been illegally offered for sale by others”.

Upside for other T1N owners: if someone tries to scam-sell your rig, chances are good that someone on Air Forms will spot it. We need to do what we can to stop these (inset disallowed obscenity here) who try so hard and so convincingly to rip off aspiring members of our ownership community. Civic duty and all.
RVTrader took the listing down.
Old 02-13-2018, 02:04 PM   #37
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
League City , Texas
The scam-seller's website also de-listed your Interstate; however, the site itself is still up with 177 units "in inventory" (for a property that, at most, could hold 50 safely... and also, I checked my subscription site for aerial photos and as of last month, there appeared to be little if any inventory on that property).

It's not a large town - less than 25,000. That means that many people either know, or at least know of, each other. I sent a courtesy note to their Chamber of Commerce alerting them to this activity and telling them that they might want to tip off the legitimate property owner as to what's going on, lest his / her assets become entwined with a perception of illegality.
Old 02-13-2018, 03:52 PM   #38
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
League City , Texas
I forgot to include this above. Might I say, mean people suck. Scammers suck. Even when they get nailed, they continue the lie, suggesting that they sold the unit. Yeah, this 2006 Interstate has indeed "gone camping". It's "out camping" with its rightful owners.

Old 02-21-2018, 02:28 PM   #39
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
League City , Texas
Ladies and gentlevan!

(someone actually named their Insta account that ^^ LOL)

This happens 2 times a year at most: a T1N Interstate RS on the market, at a good price, and if I were a bettin' woman, I would put money on this being an authentic listing. If you are on the hunt, you might want to take a hard look at her.

Mods, this is not my listing and I have no financial interest in these transactions. Just re-posting for people who may be lookin' and lurkin'.

(Edit: I mean that it happens about 2x a year via the major sales sites. Probably more via obscure channels that I can't access efficiently).

https://www.rvtrader.com/listing/200...EXT-5001770811
Old 02-21-2018, 04:04 PM   #40
4 Rivet Member

2006 22' Interstate
Port Angeles , Washington
It looks good in the pics, but says a ‘rebuilt title’. I would want to know what caused it to be totaled. Probably a CarFax would solve that in a hurry.
Probably why the price is so low.
Must be a 2007 and a 2500, with what I see.

Mark
Lotus54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 07:48 PM   #41
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
League City , Texas
Yeah, I saw that, and I emailed the seller, but I did not ask about that part of it. The thing looks like it's in good shape. If there's a title issue in our area, it's very often a flood problem, duh. But that thing is in the upper Midwest.

He said he'd change the 3500 reference.
Old 02-28-2018, 07:07 AM   #42
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
League City , Texas
So, for the benefit of that new OP on the other thread, I did a quick scan to see what's for sale right now in the way of T1N Interstates. When I clicked on one particular URL, instead of bringing me to a listing, it brought me to a site called "Antiscammers".

Apparently, as it advertises, prospective buyers can pay two bucks to see whether the referenced Interstate sales listing is authentic.

OR, they could come to this forum and ask all of us for free, LOL.

Example:

http://www.antiscammers.org/cathy-cr...interstate-rv/