Old 03-15-2019, 07:38 AM   #85
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
League City , Texas
Just an update on the Mobley, given that we had a thread tangent regarding it.

Our first two attempts to stop the fraud associated with that transaction failed. Two days ago, AT&T did manage to autodraft a further $6,706.55 out of my husband's bank account.

If you were among those who got a Mobley, monitor your account frequently for fraud. These fraudsters are obviously very sophisticated. If they've got X number of accounts that they have already frauded, I would bet money that they ALSO have Y number of accounts lying in wait, vulnerable but dormant, and ready to be exploited like this when the time is right.

On the up-side, I've now used the Mobley device on several trips, and it has worked well. I like it - it allows me to stream data while preserving my Verizon device for specific purposes such as managing our live onboard cameras. Mobley works, but we've paid a high price for the privilege of having it.

I get very tired of being a crime victim of one type or another - street crime, white collar crime, organized crime. It never ends.

InterBlog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 12:29 PM   #86
Rivet Slave

2014 27' FB International
Green Cove Springs , Florida
You seriously need to make them delete the auto draft info from your account.

Rocinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 05:54 AM   #87
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
League City , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocinante View Post
You seriously need to make them delete the auto draft info from your account.
We seriously do, but given that this was a crime that originated on the inside, it's hard to know who is pulling the strings or how.
Old 03-16-2019, 07:08 AM   #88
Rivet Slave

Quote:
Originally Posted by InterBlog View Post
We seriously do, but given that this was a crime that originated on the inside, it's hard to know who is pulling the strings or how.
Understood. Meanwhile, as a matter of policy we never ever let any business, ever, auto-draft directly from any of our our bank accounts.

Old 03-17-2019, 05:11 AM   #89
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
League City , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocinante View Post
Understood. Meanwhile, as a matter of policy we never ever let any business, ever, auto-draft directly from any of our our bank accounts.
As a post-script on that, it turns out that my husband has that particular transaction wired to his credit card rather than his bank account. And the credit card company reversed the transaction after AT&T had already sent a text message saying "we have your payment" (and the customer service rep with whom my husband spoke believed they had it, too). Credit card companies are a safer recourse than banks.
Old 03-17-2019, 04:41 PM   #90
Rivet Slave

Quote:
Originally Posted by InterBlog View Post
As a post-script on that, it turns out that my husband has that particular transaction wired to his credit card rather than his bank account. And the credit card company reversed the transaction after AT&T had already sent a text message saying "we have your payment" (and the customer service rep with whom my husband spoke believed they had it, too). Credit card companies are a safer recourse than banks.
Perfect! We do the same. Lots more protection via credit card companies than via direct draft. Debit cards supposedly also have protections similar to credit cards, but in that case the money is also already gone and you'd have to fight harder to get your own money back.

Old 03-19-2019, 06:37 PM   #91
2 Rivet Member

2018 Tommy Bahama Interstate
Tucson , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex AVI View Post
Yeah, they sent me an unpublished de-install process. I will try to post later when I find it.
Hey Alex - I'm about to start the very same installation with the exception that I am installing a WeBoost truck antenna. I was thinking of using some fish tape by attaching it to the coax for the Winegard and pulling it through the chassis, then pulling both cables back through into the overhead compartment.

That would require me to remove the Winegard head or go as far as completely removing the sat-antenna all together, then reinstalling.

Did you ever post the de-install procedure?

ChrisCow is offline   Reply With Quote