Old 09-10-2013, 10:06 PM   #43
3 Rivet Member

2006 22' Interstate
Sebastopol , California
We have the bubble wrap insulation for the windshield and side windows when camping but use a shower curtain rod and curtain for quick overnights in rest stops and parking lots. Sometimes we use the curtain rod and curtain if we get back to our campsite late after a day of "b-touring" around the area.

Old 09-10-2013, 10:15 PM   #44
3 Rivet Member

2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Springfield , Missouri
Got my shades today from Outside van, they are vey good quality!

Jeff
2014 Extended lounge

Old 11-13-2013, 02:08 PM   #45
4 Rivet Member

2014 Interstate Coach
Arroyo Grande & Central Point , California & Oregon
I had the Remis shades (standart equipment) on my previous rv (Navion IQ) and they worked great. Just did a little research and Caravan Parts (euro) quoted me the equivalent of $944.57 delivered to California. I checked with WinnebagoParts.com and they quoted $742 + $85-90 for shipping to CA.
Old 11-13-2013, 02:22 PM   #46
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
Metairie , Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by c21bill View Post
I had the Remis shades (standart equipment) on my previous rv (Navion IQ) and they worked great. Just did a little research and Caravan Parts (euro) quoted me the equivalent of $944.57 delivered to California. I checked with WinnebagoParts.com and they quoted $742 + $85-90 for shipping to CA.
Eurocampers offers the same thing, for pretty much the same price as Caravan Parts. http://www.eurocampers.com/Sprinter-...2013_c_46.html

I'm not terribly impressed with the heat-blocking ability of the pleated side window shades on my Interstate, on the windows with a 90% tint. I'm not sanguine how they'd do on the untinted windshield or front windows. That's why I never considered Remi shades even after seeing them on the Winnebago Era that I test-drove before buying my Interstate.

Having said that, I'll still be interested in a report on their effectiveness once you obtain and install them.

Side note, did the Winnebago offering include the side windows, or only the windhield for that lower price?
WBCCI #1105
TAC LA-4

Engineering: Finding complex solutions to simple problems you didn't even know you had.
Protagonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 02:48 PM   #47
4 Rivet Member

2014 Interstate Coach
The winnebagoparts.com price is for a full set, front and sides. I liked the ones I had on my Navion mainly because they were so simple to deploy and took up "0" space. We're not in an especially hot clime so we didn't pay a lot of attention to heat issues. I currently use the Sprinter Store roll up foil type covers which work well but are a pain to put on and take space to store. I'm still struggling with wether to spend the $800+ for the Remis and I am also waiting for one more price quote. If it is lower, I will post it.
Old 11-14-2013, 12:24 AM   #48
3 Rivet Member

Springfield , Missouri
I'm curious if the pleted type shades will work (or close) with the rear view mirror on the Interstate.
Old 11-14-2013, 04:16 AM   #49
4 Rivet Member

2014 Interstate Coach
Thats one of the things that's keeping me from ordering these Jeff. I need to get a look at an rv with the shades installed to determine if they will work with the AI mirror.
Old 11-14-2013, 05:54 AM   #50
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
Metairie , Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff64 View Post
I'm curious if the pleted type shades will work (or close) with the rear view mirror on the Interstate.
The version I saw on the Winnebago Era when I did a test-drive had a gap at the center of the windshield when closed. The Eurocampers site shows pictures of theirs tightly closed in the center due to a cutout for the mirror.
WBCCI #1105
TAC LA-4

Engineering: Finding complex solutions to simple problems you didn't even know you had.
Protagonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 12:50 PM   #51
1 Rivet Member

Las Vegas , Nevada
Hello everyone,

Not sure if I'm allowed to mention, but I have sold my Rig and have a full set of mint condition Outside Van window privacy shades. Please PM me if interested. Thanks!
Old 08-30-2014, 01:01 PM   #52
1 Rivet Member

Las Vegas , Nevada
Thanks guys... they've been sold. Highly recommend these shades!

Thanks guys... they've been sold. Highly recommend these shades!
Old 10-01-2015, 10:44 AM   #53
2 Rivet Member

2012 Interstate Coach
Los Gatos , California
I was reorganizing some stuff today and came across the OEM privacy curtain for our 2012 Interstate. Never figured out how to really use it. I went with a set of Outside Vans front windows and windshield covers that provide privacy and thermal protection instead.

Anyhow, I'm not doing anything with the original privacy curtain. Anyone want it? It can be yours for free. I'll even cover the postage cost.
Old 10-01-2015, 04:19 PM   #54
2 Rivet Member

Sautee , Georgia
I would love to have it but you must let me pay the postage at least. Can I send my address by email?
Old 10-01-2015, 05:39 PM   #55
2 Rivet Member

2013 Interstate Coach
Yarnell , Arizona
We purchased shades for the front and driver/passenger door windows from high-end-motorsports.com/mercedes-benz-sprinter-sun-shade.html The price seemed right and they fit the windows perfectly. The owner (Steve) is very easy to work with. They sent the wrong one for our passenger car on our first order - he shipped us the right one and then after confirming it was indeed the right one, he paid for the return shipping on the one sent by mistake.
Old 10-02-2015, 09:09 AM   #56
2 Rivet Member

2012 Interstate Coach
Los Gatos , California
Busb2, it's yours for free. No need to pay for postage, but feel free to 'pay it forward' for someone else. Please send your shipping address to me via my profile page/contact info.