Old 02-23-2015, 08:47 AM   #15
2 Rivet Member
2015 30' Flying Cloud
Berrien Springs , Michigan
Inflatable kayaks - I just started a thread!

DuncanK1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 09:30 AM   #16
3 Rivet Member
2006 25' Safari FB SE
Merkel , Texas
Headed to Phoenix a week from Wednesday with my wife and eleven year old twin grandsons to take in about 10 days of MLB Spring training. Did it last year and it was so fun and relaxing we thought we would do it again. Go Rangers!!!

afneill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 10:27 AM   #17
2 Rivet Member
Currently Looking...
Columbus , Mississippi
Y'all boys up north, come on down! But, it's even cold here! We have a place 25 miles from Augusta, GA (me hometown), 8 acres will full RV hookups, and I'm thinking of just inviting people like y'all, and some on other forums I'm on, to just stop by and use it. Free. I've got a bit of work to do at one spot to get it ready, but I actually have two spots. A Pennsylvania friend brought his huge fifth wheel trailer a few years ago and had no trouble getting it between all me trees to one of the spots.

Anyway, this is really something I would like to do when we are back living there full time. But, even when we are not there is good too, just have to do that bit of work, which is just reconnecting the septic tank line where I did some work on it... Y'all come!
That old man, he don't think like no old man.
"He's pinned under an outcropping of rock. Lucky for him, the rock kept the dirt from burying him alive". Dirt, it's nothing but dirt, I tell ye...
"I thought I was wrong one time, but I was mistaken." Command Sergeant Major Jim
GuyGene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 05:43 PM   #18
1 Rivet Member
2013 Interstate Coach
Pinconning , Michigan
Originally Posted by Bk Yd Safari View Post
Just returned from a couple of months in south FL and the Keys...don't miss Bahia Honda and Long Key SPs..imho Bahia is the prettiest park in the Keys and you can't beat Long Key's campsites as all sit at the edge of the Atlantic Ocean. Of course John Pennekamp and Curry Hammock are nice SP's too. If you don't already have reservations and can't pick-up one try the Big Pine Key Fishing Lodge. It appears to have a nice campground (though a bit tight) and the rates are less than most other private campgrounds in the Keys. Never stayed there but I hear that the key deer roam the campground.
Happy Trails
ps..if you like Key Lime pie check-out Key West (Kermit's) Key Lime Shop in Key West, turn north at Sloppy Joes and go about three or 4 blocks north, it's on the right, on the corner of Greene and Elizabeth Sts.
Appreciate the advice. We plan to hang around the everglades most of next week then down to the keys. Have reservations at the koa and ferry tickets for the Dry Tortuga visit.
JRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 06:42 PM   #19
4 Rivet Member
2008 20' Safari
Tunnel Hill , Georgia
Originally Posted by JRC View Post
Appreciate the advice. We plan to hang around the everglades most of next week then down to the keys. Have reservations at the koa and ferry tickets for the Dry Tortuga visit.
If you ride bikes try Shark Valley in the Everglades located on the Tamiami Trail (US41.) This is part of the Everglades NP (no camping) and they offer a 15 mile tram ride thru the glades. The tram path (paved) is open to walkers and bicycles. About half way is an observation tower and restrooms, but no food services. Bring plenty of water and sun screen if you ride bikes. The first half of the ride offers plenty of alligators near and on the path.

Remember its not the destination, but rather the journey.... its what's in the middle that matters the most!
Bk Yd Safari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 01:20 PM   #20
2 Rivet Member
2009 23' FB Flying Cloud
2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Prince William, , Virginia
Heading to Disney world with kids and grandkids. No camping; just non stop limo service to/from Virginia. Will be happy to leave snow behind.

pebbrb05 is offline   Reply With Quote