Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Sprinter and B-van Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-11-2014, 10:25 AM   #281
Rivet Master

2024 Interstate 19
Fulton , Maryland
My 2013AI/2012 Sprinter came with a 12v air compressor and a can of tire sealant. It's stored in the compartment below passenger seat in the step. It's an option from MB that Airstream includes.

- - Mike
2013 AS Interstate on 2012 MB Sprinter
Previous: 2013 Airstream Interstate 3500 Ext Lounge
Boxster1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 11:04 AM   #282
Rivet Master

2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Sedona , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxster1971 View Post
My 2013AI/2012 Sprinter came with a 12v air compressor and a can of tire sealant. It's stored in the compartment below passenger seat in the step. It's an option from MB that Airstream includes.

- - Mike
Unfortunately, Mike, they dropped that option the following year.
I didn't take any chances and bought a Viair portable compressor which I carry in the back.
UKDUDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 03:05 PM   #283
Rivet Master

2024 Interstate 19
Fulton , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKDUDE View Post
Unfortunately, Mike, they dropped that option the following year.

I didn't take any chances and bought a Viair portable compressor which I carry in the back.

Too bad they dropped it - guess the accountants were trying to save a few bucks. One of the thing I liked about the Airstream Interstate was that the base Sprinter was well equipped with factory option. Much more than other B-van conversions.

- - Mike
Previous: 2013 Airstream Interstate 3500 Ext Lounge
Boxster1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 06:49 AM   #284
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug&maggie View Post
Found these yesterday at Walmart, for the bargain price of $1.99 each, I believe.

They are suction-cup holders for Christmas Wreaths, also perfect for extra hangers in the bathroom, which is where we put ours. The suction cups are strong and sturdy, and the hook rotates to lay flat if preferred.

Could also use these on your exterior, to hold a water hose off the ground.

Maggie
Watching a clip about Christmas sales already starting, and it reminded me of these that I found last year.

These are the best suction hooks I have ever found.

Perfect for in the bathroom, to hang a robe, towel, etc. They are of a good size, hold firmly, never come loose and drop things onto the floor.

I will be picking up a few more this year.

Maggie
Attached Images

Old 09-13-2014, 08:34 AM   #285
1 Rivet Member

2011 Avenue Coach
Carrollton , Texas
Folding Storage Ottoman

I found a stowable, folding ottoman. Since purchasing my Airstream Avenue Class B van, I have been perplexed by not having a foot stool to elevate my legs when working with my laptop, reading, or watching the TV from the back sofa. The attached picture shows the 15 inch assembled cube with lid and side pockets. When collapsed it is only 3 inches thick and stores between the kitchen counter and the back of the right side passenger seat. My is made of turquoise fake suede. It assembles and collapses in a flash. During lengthy stays, it doubles as a storage bin for my throw blanket and laptop for quick access when lounging. I bought mine at Bed, Bath, and Beyond, but this collapsible foot stool is available by different manufacturers and is easy to find with a google search. I have seen them in leather, polyester fabric, and the fake suede. I am off to a state Rally next week with our local Good Sam's Club chapter and will report how it worked.
Happy trails,
TexasGal
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ottoman.jpg
Views:	376
Size:	264.0 KB
ID:	221666  
TexasGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 09:34 AM   #286
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
That is a great item!

We bought a set of small, nesting ottomans several years ago, using one in between the driver and passenger seat.

The lid inveted into a tray, great for the phone, laptop, etc., and stored sweatshirts and things inside.

Then, we found Lily, who has to be close, and gave it to my son/his family.

Msggie
Old 09-14-2014, 06:07 AM   #287
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGal View Post
I found a stowable, folding ottoman. Since purchasing my Airstream Avenue Class B van, I have been perplexed by not having a foot stool to elevate my legs when working with my laptop, reading, or watching the TV from the back sofa. The attached picture shows the 15 inch assembled cube with lid and side pockets. When collapsed it is only 3 inches thick and stores between the kitchen counter and the back of the right side passenger seat. My is made of turquoise fake suede. It assembles and collapses in a flash. During lengthy stays, it doubles as a storage bin for my throw blanket and laptop for quick access when lounging. I bought mine at Bed, Bath, and Beyond, but this collapsible foot stool is available by different manufacturers and is easy to find with a google search. I have seen them in leather, polyester fabric, and the fake suede. I am off to a state Rally next week with our local Good Sam's Club chapter and will report how it worked.
Happy trails,
TexasGal
I spotted these at Target but was concerned that they might not be too durable. Please let us know how they work out.

Do you know what a learning experience is? A learning experience is one of those things that says "You know that thing that you just did? Don't do that."
AWCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 06:11 AM   #288
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
The back–to-school sections in stores are a great place to find items suitable for living in a small space, as they cater to students living in dormitories.

Lots of places carry these storage ottomans, googling them, and the dimensions are perfect. There's a double one that is only 30" long.

I'm thinking I may need to have one for the back of the Interstate, as it would be perfect for neatly corralling my yarns and crochet items.

Maggie
Old 10-26-2014, 10:34 AM   #289
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
League City , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily&Me View Post
Plastic bags are wonderful organizers and space-reducers. We move pasta, crackers, etc., into ziplock bags before we put them away. Leftovers can also be stored in these in the tiny frig.

We keep chargers, pet things and other small items in Duluth Trading company's back seat organizer and Cab Commander, which sit on the back of and behind the passenger seat. Perfect, easily accessible and washable.

Maggie
Major kudos on this one!! I bought one after reading this suggestion. I can already see that it's worth every penny and I haven't even moved most of our stuff into it yet. It blends into our AI like it was designed for it, doesn't protrude into the aisle, perfect size. Most important for me: The side thermos pocket is large enough my 12V water boiler and its metal bracket, what would be in the cigarette lighter up front while in use (I use the ash tray to clamp down on the metal bracket from which the boiler is suspended). I am a tea drinker and cannot live without a boiler in close proximity. Thanks so much for the suggestion!

Alison and Lawrence
League City TX
THE INTERSTATE BLOG

I can't figure out how to insert a photo, but perhaps this Imgur link will work:

imgur: the simple image sharer
InterBlog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 08:51 PM   #290
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Your welcome!

The Cab Commander was repurposed from my former work.....an invaluable organizer which carried anything likely to be needed at any point in time, day or night. The stories I could tell.

Maggie
Old 10-27-2014, 09:34 AM   #291
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
I found at Michael's this am the suction cup wreath-holders I had gotten at WalMart last year, @$2.29 I think. I posted about these awhile back.

Not exactly the same, but very similar and to hold a weight of up to 25 lbs.

These have become my holders for robe, pj's, etc., in the bathroom, as they require no holes and hold better than anythng else I have found.

I also use them to secure my laundry and shower bags in their spots on the little shelf areas either side of the toilet......keeps things from shifting in flight, so to speak.

Maggie
Old 10-27-2014, 11:04 AM   #292
4 Rivet Member

2005 25' Safari
Currently Looking...
Versailles , Indiana
Maggie,
Thanks for the tip on the suction cup hooks. We have tried several different kinds of the double sided tape ones, with no luck. Even though we have cleaned our walls several times, I guess there is still some residual old 'stickiness' that prevent them from holding. We will definitely try these!
Thanks, again!
WBCCI #4447
AIR #70157
Rhino33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 12:14 PM   #293
Vintage Kin

Fort Worth , Texas
Truck stop sourced "Seat Back Organizer" and brand Trucker Tough suction cup hooks. 750k drivers are 150 miles from home on any given weeknight. Loves, Petro, T/A and Flying J.

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums
slowmover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 12:33 PM   #294
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
There's all kinds of seat back organizers out there, just depends on what one wants.

Those Trucker Tough brand suction cup hooks look pretty nifty but are a bit rich for my blood.....but some here won't care.

The price clashes with my "spend less, do more" philosophy.

Maggie
Old 11-04-2014, 08:39 PM   #295
Vintage Kin

Fort Worth , Texas
Small Space Living

Maggie , they'll support a heavy mans work coat going down the road in a big truck.

slowmover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 06:25 AM   #296
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowmover View Post
Maggie , they'll support a heavy mans work coat going down the road in a big truck.
Some will need a hook that sturdy, so thanks for the great suggestion.

Right now, I'm just interested in keeping a robe and jammies off the floor in the bathroom.

Maggie
Old 11-05-2014, 06:33 AM   #297
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by InterBlog View Post
Major kudos on this one!! I bought one after reading this suggestion. I can already see that it's worth every penny and I haven't even moved most of our stuff into it yet. It blends into our AI like it was designed for it, doesn't protrude into the aisle, perfect size. Most important for me: The side thermos pocket is large enough my 12V water boiler and its metal bracket, what would be in the cigarette lighter up front while in use (I use the ash tray to clamp down on the metal bracket from which the boiler is suspended). I am a tea drinker and cannot live without a boiler in close proximity. Thanks so much for the suggestion!

Alison and Lawrence
League City TX
THE INTERSTATE BLOG

I can't figure out how to insert a photo, but perhaps this Imgur link will work:

imgur: the simple image sharer
Looking at the photo you posted, might consider moving that to the narrow floor space directly behind the passenger seat, which is where I have mine. When I was still working, this sat on the passenger seat of my car.

Filled, the weight becomes significant and may be inordinately bulky for something suspended in air. The Cab Commander fits perfectly in that narrow carpet area, attached around the front seat.

Then, you can add a Seat Back Organizer above it, which is what we did. Uses all that vertical space, and provdes lots of little cubbies for odds and ends.

Maggie
Attached Images

Old 11-05-2014, 07:48 AM   #298
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
League City , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily&Me View Post
Looking at the photo you posted, might consider moving that to the narrow floor space directly behind the passenger seat, which is where I have mine. When I was still working, this sat on the passenger seat of my car.

Filled, the weight becomes significant and may be inordinately bulky for something suspended in air. The Cab Commander fits perfectly in that narrow carpet area, attached around the front seat.

Then, you can add a Seat Back Organizer above it, which is what we did. Uses all that vertical space, and provdes lots of little cubbies for odds and ends.

Maggie
Thanks - I might do this. I had contemplated the weight, wondered if I might constrain that issue with what is quickly becoming my number one AI accoutrement - Velcro straps. I will see how it works in practice.
InterBlog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 08:31 AM   #299
Rivet Master

2018 23' International
Currently Looking...
SANTA BARBARA , CA
If you can look past my uber cute doggies, and the rest of the mess, you'll see the red storage cube that I bought on line from Walmart. Including shipping, it was $25. Inside the cube, is the air tight dog food storage container that holds 12 lbs of dog food. Since the dog food container is round, that leaves the 4 corners of it in which to store shampoo bottles, dish detergent bottles, etc.. And the cube is super sturdy, so you can also sit on. Best $25 spent!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1936.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	437.2 KB
ID:	225763  
weirdstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 09:03 AM   #300
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
I really like those.

I've been looking at the black, leather-look one that I could put between the rear benches for my crochet items. Have found no good way to neaten that up....til these.

I have a couple of fexible, plastic, carry-all totes stuck in the oddly shaped area under the galley sink, where I keep shampoo, pine-sol, windex wipes, leather cleaner, etc.

They are not terribly durable, seeming to need replaced every season, but can be had for $3 or so at places like Hobby Lobby. It's the "flexible" part that is crucial.

Maggie