Old 01-08-2018, 11:33 PM   #1317
3 Rivet Member

2017 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Small Town TX & CO , Colorado
Small Space Living

Quote:
Originally Posted by InterBlog View Post
This is eerie... the Dometic sink, as you know, is not round. It's contoured on its back side to allow for the faucet, making it look more like a capital "D" in map view. I found this collapsible silicone tub on the internet and I have to wonder whether its designers realized that there are about a bazillion Dometic sinks installed in RVs worldwide, and so they said to themselves, "Hey, we can make a useful insert for that!"

Once again, though, I can't find a retail source, only wholesale. So I emailed the manufacturer asking them if there's a way I could pay for a "sample" of the product.

On eBay UK... but says they don’t ship to US. Know anyone in UK who could receive and forward?

https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/SILICONE-CO...75?_mwBanner=1

If it’s the same one (looks to be), here are the dimensions:

https://m.alibaba.com/product/606152...7009.12.cfpC85

txntravlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 08:06 AM   #1318
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
League City , Texas
Funny you should mention that... about 2 days ago, I sent another email, different email address this time, to one of the wholesalers in Asia, to see if that product would become available in North America, because I could really use it. Same result as before - no response.

Edit: If anyone knows of anyone in the UK who could assist in the transaction, I'd be willing to pay the shipping for this.

Edit edit: I just sent the UK seller a question, asking them to provide me with his/her wholesaler contact information.

InterBlog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 06:37 PM   #1319
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Mont Vernon , New Hampshire
Allforhome(TM) Silicone Foldable D-Shaped Basket Fruit Basket Collapsible Pet Travel Bowl

The above is amazon US. My RV is at storage so i can't check dimensions

Bugs
bugsbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 07:12 PM   #1320
Prof. of Pending Projects

2018 Tommy Bahama Interstate
Orlando , Florida
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugsbunny View Post
Allforhome(TM) Silicone Foldable D-Shaped Basket Fruit Basket Collapsible Pet Travel Bowl

The above is amazon US. My RV is at storage so i can't check dimensions

Bugs
Dimensions from Amazon listing:

35*32*13 CM, folded size 35*32*3 CM
13.8"x12.6"x5.1", folded size 13.8"x12.6"x1.2"
WBCCI #26769
2018 Airstream Interstate 3500 Lounge EXT Tommy Bahama w/ARS
wachuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 12:40 PM   #1321
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
League City , Texas
Today in the "cheap gizmos from China" category, this wireless LED light set from Sam's Club. We use a few earlier-generation LED puck lights as interior cabinet lights in our Interstate and find them to be very useful, but these are far more sophisticated. The center bumps can be manually pushed to turn each one on and off individually, if desired. Or, the remote control can turn on the entire suite at once. And there's a timer option on the remote so that they can be turned on but not forgotten such that they run down the batteries. And they can produce colored light, if that's your thing. Plus the set comes with 15 AAA batteries included.

The package is 15 bucks. How can anyone design, produce, and sell the likes of this for just 15 bucks?! On Amazon it takes 11 bucks just to buy a 20-count Duracell AAA package.

Anyway, these are going to get distributed throughout our interior cabinetry, especially the galley cabinetry under the sink and stove, which is like the black hole of Calcutta.

InterBlog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 01:32 PM   #1322
Rivet Master

2008 22' Sport
Spicewood (W of Austin) , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by wachuko View Post
Dimensions from Amazon listing:

35*32*13 CM, folded size 35*32*3 CM
13.8"x12.6"x5.1", folded size 13.8"x12.6"x1.2"
My D-shaped sink in the galley of my '08 22' Sport measures 14.5"W by 11" (9" if you consider the water valve) by 5" Depth. So the problem with that silicone bowl is that it will not fit because of the faucet regardless of deployment.

By the way... the Hoover LED lights are also sold at Amazon but for twice the price. If you live waay-out then the gas savings and Sams Club fees might make the Amazon source attractive.
Boxite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 01:59 PM   #1323
Rivet Master

2007 22' International CCD
Corona , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by InterBlog View Post
Today in the "cheap gizmos from China" category, this wireless LED light set from Sam's Club. We use a few earlier-generation LED puck lights as interior cabinet lights in our Interstate and find them to be very useful, but these are far more sophisticated. The center bumps can be manually pushed to turn each one on and off individually, if desired. Or, the remote control can turn on the entire suite at once. And there's a timer option on the remote so that they can be turned on but not forgotten such that they run down the batteries. And they can produce colored light, if that's your thing. Plus the set comes with 15 AAA batteries included.

The package is 15 bucks. How can anyone design, produce, and sell the likes of this for just 15 bucks?! On Amazon it takes 11 bucks just to buy a 20-count Duracell AAA package.

Anyway, these are going to get distributed throughout our interior cabinetry, especially the galley cabinetry under the sink and stove, which is like the black hole of Calcutta.
------------------------picture removed-----------------------
Sam's also sold a similar set of lights by Hoover that are two longish strip lights with lots of LEDs in them that have a similar remote control. They are a bit more in line with the style of our International CCD... They do it by using lots of automated assembly machinery, huge volumes of output, and very low paid labor...if any...
2012 shortbed CrewMax 4x4 Toyota Tacoma TV with more antennae on it.
rmkrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 03:40 PM   #1324
Rivet Master

2008 22' Sport
Spicewood (W of Austin) , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmkrum View Post
...They do it by using lots of automated assembly machinery, huge volumes of output, and very low paid labor...if any...
I don't recall his name,...but an American arrested in China couple years ago was thrown in prison. Upon his release/return, he reported that in order to receive his daily food ration of rice... he had to produce a certain number of manufactured-goods each day in a forced-labor unit.
Gives me a whole new perspective about buying things from China.
Boxite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 07:18 AM   #1325
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
I happened across this item on WalMart’s website, substantially discounted , and have ordered it for the Interstate.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Over-the-...of-2/855461493

I am going to take off the over-the-door hooks it comes with, and use those two holes at the top with those high-octane suction cup hooks to put this on an inner wall in my little bathroom.

I will rig something to secure this to the wall at the bottom corners, as well, lest the rocking and moving of travel dislodge the contents onto the floor.

Although my Interstate model has a tiny medicine cabinet over the toilet, there is basically no storage to speak of in the bathroom, and this would be an excellent way to store and carry lightweight, bathroom-type items.

And...it’s girly and pretty. Being an all-girl traveling band these days , girly and pretty is good, but these kinds of things are also available in solid and more gender-neutral colors.

I was looking for a link toma very inexpensive something I picked up the other day in this department at WalMart, but couldn’t find it...a 2-pack of small, soft, mesh storage bags, which will be perfect for some further organizing in cabinets.

They stand upright, tho have the necessary squish factor that is so helpful in small spaces, and are made of something similar to the waffle-ey shelf liner you can find anywhere and what the tote shown is made of.

I have a smaller, similar tote I have used in the under-galley area, that holds cleaning supplies.

I intend to use them in the kitchen.

Maggie
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	735B603A-31B6-4D53-8475-4C3D90BA7D5F.jpeg
Views:	114
Size:	305.7 KB
ID:	303248  
Old 03-12-2018, 08:00 AM   #1326
4 Rivet Member

2015 Interstate Grand Tour
Lake Oswego , Oregon
Small parts organizers

I'm sure we've all got our favorite uses for those neat little cubbies that some of us have in the rear trunk area. Gloves, rags, cleaners, heck I even put some of my leveling pads in one of them.

But I now have a new favorite use. I found these surprisingly sturdy and well made parts organizers at Home Depot (Husky brand) for about $5. I use one for all types of batteries and another for small tools, super glue knives, etc.

The beauty is that both of these bins fit perfectly together into one cubby. Kind of brings a tear to my eye.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0268.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	270.8 KB
ID:	306215   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0269.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	271.1 KB
ID:	306216  

Tronadora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 08:22 AM   #1327
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Very nice, Tronadora.

Your delight in the exceptional organization you have created reminds me of myself.

Being highly organized and space efficient is a necessary survival skill when living and/or traveling in a small space.

The craft and hobby stores are also good resources for storage of all shapes and sizes...some of which have multiple sections that screw together, and use vertical space.

I store extra bulbs and fuses in one of these.

Great find!

Maggie
Old 03-13-2018, 08:42 PM   #1328
Contributing Member

2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Austin (Hays County) , Texas
Folding makeup table

My wife hated the fact that there was no place in the bathroom for her makeup and the like. I wanted something that would fold or otherwise store out of the way.

I had a lot of small pieces of Lexan in the shop. I bought 2' of acrylic hinge material and some Acrylic cement. The photos below show what resulted.

The "table" folds up against the wall behind the sink on a hinge. When not in use, a rotatable latch holds it out of the way.

When the table needed, the spray head must be rotated out of the way and the table folds out as it contacts the sink. The spray head can then be returned out of the way. Little pads keep the Lexan from rattling against the wall and two larger pads keep the sides from bending down.

She smiled!

On edit: Just noticed that I left a piece of white paper from the sticky pads laying on the Lexan.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Table folded.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	206.7 KB
ID:	306313   Click image for larger version

Name:	Table down.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	237.0 KB
ID:	306314  

WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 04:55 AM   #1329
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Very clever!

Wouldn’t be surprised to see something similar show up in future models of RV’s of any type.

Maggie
Old 03-15-2018, 09:16 AM   #1330
Prof. of Pending Projects

2018 Tommy Bahama Interstate
Orlando , Florida
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pahaska View Post
My wife hated the fact that there was no place in the bathroom for her makeup and the like. I wanted something that would fold or otherwise store out of the way.

I had a lot of small pieces of Lexan in the shop. I bought 2' of acrylic hinge material and some Acrylic cement. The photos below show what resulted.

The "table" folds up against the wall behind the sink on a hinge. When not in use, a rotatable latch holds it out of the way.

When the table needed, the spray head must be rotated out of the way and the table folds out as it contacts the sink. The spray head can then be returned out of the way. Little pads keep the Lexan from rattling against the wall and two larger pads keep the sides from bending down.

She smiled!

On edit: Just noticed that I left a piece of white paper from the sticky pads laying on the Lexan.
Very cool.

WBCCI #26769
2018 Airstream Interstate 3500 Lounge EXT Tommy Bahama w/ARS
wachuko is offline   Reply With Quote