Old 04-12-2016, 07:29 AM   #911
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
League City , Texas
Time will tell whether we need to reinforce it. I've already got a design in mind for relatively attractive strapping if it proves to be needed. I've learned not to respond to many Interstate issues until they actually manifest, thus avoiding the tendency to over-engineer.

Old 04-17-2016, 06:19 AM   #912
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
League City , Texas
Today in the "where is the most logical place?" sub-category of small-space living, I found these adhesive hooks in Lowes and they are a perfect fit for this telescoping broom, which is a Thetford StorMate. The "most logical place" to me is right on the side of the fresh water tank. I don't use a vacuum but I do use this broom daily, so it has to remain immediately accessible.

BTW, those two foam knee pads stored below it are marked OUT (which can get very muddy - think kneeling in the rain on a crushed limestone parking pad to hook up the stinky slinky) and IN (which is not to be used outdoors such that it remains cleaner). I suppose I could get by with just one, but sometimes my husband and I are doing tasks at the same time, so two can be helpful.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160417_BROOM.JPG
Views:	84
Size:	281.9 KB
ID:	260895  

Old 04-17-2016, 08:07 AM   #913
Site Team

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
That's a great idea for the broom, IB.

Always good to use otherwise wasted vertical space.

Maggie
Old 04-17-2016, 07:15 PM   #914
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Long Island , New York
Great broom and storage ideas thanks!

http://www.amazon.com/Thetford-36772...2&sr=8-2-spell
Old 04-18-2016, 05:31 AM   #915
4 Rivet Member

2007 20' Safari
Saco , Maine
Quote:
Originally Posted by InterBlog View Post
Today in the "where is the most logical place?" sub-category of small-space living, I found these adhesive hooks in Lowes and they are a perfect fit for this telescoping broom, which is a Thetford StorMate. The "most logical place" to me is right on the side of the fresh water tank. I don't use a vacuum but I do use this broom daily, so it has to remain immediately accessible.
I can't figure out where your picture is located. It is clearly inside. My potable water tank is below the shower, I believe, although I may be wrong. Is there an inside cabinet where one can see the potable water tank?
Old 04-18-2016, 05:49 AM   #916
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
League City , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaineStreamer View Post
I can't figure out where your picture is located. It is clearly inside. My potable water tank is below the shower, I believe, although I may be wrong. Is there an inside cabinet where one can see the potable water tank?
I'm sure it varies substantially by Airstream model. My fresh water tank is located directly under the galley (I have a mid-bath 2007 Interstate). In this model, the black tank and fresh tank are both on the interior of the vehicle and the gray tank is suspended under the chassis.

Our Interstate has two starboard drop-down hatches near the floor so that the tank, pump, and plumbing for the stove and sink can be accessed, plus one port side hatch so that the black tank and some electrical workings can be accessed. Technically I don't suppose Airstream intended those access areas to be developed as storage spaces, but where I can add little conveniences without imperiling the functioning of the coach elements, I do it, because the overall space in a Class B is so small.

As another example, I developed space beside the fresh water tank and on top of the black water tank for shoe storage. That project was a great relief because multiple pairs of shoes were cluttering up the entire vehicle. Here's a description of that project, with more pics of the drop-down hatches.

STORING MANY SHOES IN AN AIRSTREAM INTERSTATE
Old 04-18-2016, 06:01 AM   #917
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Long Island , New York
Marty our FC20 water tank is in the rear under the shower AND sinks. I assume your 2007 Safari is similar. The tank drain is that white plastic valve right behind the sewer dump valves (as you look at the valves from the street side of the unit).

As InterBlog just clarified the water tank pictured here is in the motorized RV AS Interstate. [see poster ID's to the left]
Old 04-23-2016, 05:52 AM   #918
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
League City , Texas
A few months ago, I installed a Container Store magnetic wall pocket strip below our Interstate's TV (there's a pic of it somewhere in the thread above). It ended up becoming the only device I've ever installed that my husband liked so much that he asked for another one. So we installed a mate for it, with the caveat that we had to cut the second one down to account for the Sprinter's body curve. Instructions and pics in the post.

SHALLOW DEPTH WALL POCKETS FOR THE AIRSTREAM INTERSTATE
Old 04-23-2016, 07:21 AM   #919
Site Team

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Very nice, and they go so well with the interior.

One of the things the Interstate lacks is a place to put your small stuff...magazines or books, remotes, pens/paper, etc.

Purchased magazine holders, etc., tend to look rather tacky and out of place as add-one, in my opinion.

It would be nice to see them at least offer as an option something sturdy, wall mounted, and stained to match interiors.

Maggie
Old 04-23-2016, 04:58 PM   #920
4 Rivet Member

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Mohnton , Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by InterBlog View Post
A few months ago, I installed a Container Store magnetic wall pocket strip below our Interstate's TV (there's a pic of it somewhere in the thread above). It ended up becoming the only device I've ever installed that my husband liked so much that he asked for another one. So we installed a mate for it, with the caveat that we had to cut the second one down to account for the Sprinter's body curve. Instructions and pics in the post.

SHALLOW DEPTH WALL POCKETS FOR THE AIRSTREAM INTERSTATE

Hi Interblog,
Really continue to enjoy all your innovative additions for "organized small space living"!
Although I have not yet added magnetic strips....I continue to ponder a magnetic addition to our FC20'.
Recently, catching up on emails/mail/etc after an early trip this spring....came upon this neat wall unit-
https://www.thegrommet.com/urbio-perch-starter-kit. If the unit came in brushed nickel finish, it might
already be in my little silver tiny home!
Old 04-24-2016, 06:12 AM   #921
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
League City , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by FCloud9 View Post
Hi Interblog,
Really continue to enjoy all your innovative additions for "organized small space living"!
Although I have not yet added magnetic strips....I continue to ponder a magnetic addition to our FC20'.
Recently, catching up on emails/mail/etc after an early trip this spring....came upon this neat wall unit-
https://www.thegrommet.com/urbio-perch-starter-kit. If the unit came in brushed nickel finish, it might
already be in my little silver tiny home!
Yup - I gave long and hard thought to those little wall units, which are also available at The Container Store. I didn't go for them because, in our Interstate, it would have added another different design element that isn't really cross-referenced anywhere else. If I use the steel components instead, it remains consistent with what's already in there. But I can certainly see potential application for those other ones in different scenarios. The quality and design of them are both exceptionally good.
Old 04-24-2016, 06:22 AM   #922
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
League City , Texas
I do declare, our Airstream Interstate keeps getting bigger and bigger. I noticed this on my most recent trip - the difference in my perception now (when it feels large) vs. a year and a half ago when we first bought it (when it felt small). The feeling of spaciousness is not created by raw space itself so much as it is by spatial versatility.

With that in mind, I resolved my full-sized frying pan dilemma, plus created more storage space for a few other similarly-sized items, by installing this modified under-counter basket. Here is the money shot, and the sourcing and installation details are in the post.

UNDER COUNTER HANGING STORAGE FOR THE AIRSTREAM INTERSTATE
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1-IMG_3727.JPG
Views:	105
Size:	340.9 KB
ID:	261277  
Old 04-30-2016, 07:59 AM   #923
4 Rivet Member

2007 20' Safari
Saco , Maine
Check out this portable clothes washing machine!
http://www.campingworld.com/shopping...-machine/82157
Old 04-30-2016, 08:08 AM   #924
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
Metairie , Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaineStreamer View Post
Check out this portable clothes washing machine!
http://www.campingworld.com/shopping...-machine/82157
No room for it in my Interstate. A roll of quarters and a couple of Tide Pods in a Ziploc bag store in a much smaller space. Not to mention that few of my trips last so long that I can't wait until I get home to do my laundry.

WBCCI #1105
TAC LA-4

Engineering: Finding complex solutions to simple problems you didn't even know you had.
Protagonist is offline   Reply With Quote