Old 02-22-2016, 04:46 PM   #813
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Rockwell , North Carolina
I was tired of looking for the remotes and trying to figure out where to keep them. I found this remote holder on eBay for $10.99 including shipping from China. I installed it in the upper storage shelf on the driver's side. I also ordered one for my garage where I have been having the same storage issues.

On our western trip last fall, I needed to add air to one of my tires. I tried using the Mercedes compressor but it was woefully slow. I found this compressor at Lowe's. It fits under the lounge seat and comes with a 25' hose which takes standard air hose fittings. I now take my air chuck and a blower attachment along.

jerhofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 04:55 PM   #814
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerhofer View Post
I was tired of looking for the remotes and trying to figure out where to keep them.
I use Velcro loops on the back of the remote (on the battery cover) and Velcro hooks on the back of the television it controls (taking care not to block vent openings). That way the remote is stuck right to the television when not in use.

WBCCI #1105
TAC LA-4

My Google-Fu is strong today.
Protagonist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 05:31 PM   #815
Rivet Master

2011 Interstate Coach
Overland Park , Kansas
Quote:
I was tired of looking for the remotes and trying to figure out where to keep them. I found this remote holder on eBay for $10.99 including shipping from China. I installed it in the upper storage shelf on the driver's side. I also ordered one for my garage where I have been having the same storage issues.

On our western trip last fall, I needed to add air to one of my tires. I tried using the Mercedes compressor but it was woefully slow. I found this compressor at Lowe's. It fits under the lounge seat and comes with a 25' hose which takes standard air hose fittings. I now take my air chuck and a blower attachment along.

Have you tried it on the rear duals?

PM me for sale info on my 2011. SOLD!
Upfitted Transit 350 sitting in driveway.
73shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 07:25 PM   #816
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Rockwell , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by 73shark View Post
Have you tried it on the rear duals?
Not yet. I have a truck type air chuck that I use at home on the duals and it has been added to my trip checklist. I see no reason it will not work with this unit but, you have made me want to check it out now.
jerhofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 06:10 AM   #817
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
This may have been posted earlier, but I am resurrecting it as I have just remembered I had it. Am going in search of Riesling today, as I am out.

They work pretty darn well, eliminate the space issue of a bottle and then storage in the tiny frig if you can't drink it all at one sitting.

http://www.campsaver.com/platypreser...dDtxoCLL_w_wcB

Maggie
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	69
Size:	28.4 KB
ID:	257691  
Old 02-24-2016, 09:02 AM   #818
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
I embrace in the Interstate anything that takes up only the space of what is inside, avoiding whenever possible jars of things that take up full space even when nearly empty. Such a waste of precious storage.

I found these little pb's a number of years ago, and keep them stocked in my cabinet.

8 in a package, 2 tbsp per.....one perfect portion, then throw the little container away.

They also come in extra-crunchy, my personal favorite, tho those are a bit harder to find.

A bit more expensive than a jar, but then you can't have everything.

Maggie
Attached Images

Old 02-24-2016, 09:07 AM   #819
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Nutella also makes these, about 1 tbsp per packet....just enough to spread between a couple of graham crackers or Belvita.

Maggie
Attached Images

Old 02-25-2016, 05:34 AM   #820
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
League City , Texas
I like the single-serve containers of fruit, such as peaches, pears, or applesauce (Sam's Club often has good deals on boxes of them). The rule is, nobody eats a fruit cup within ten feet of the Interstate. Somehow the fruit juice will find a way to spread itself around and make everything sticky. It has to be eaten outside.

I also use a collapsible wine flask, but not the one pictured above because its color and design reminds me of a bag of transfusion blood. Not very appetizing!! GSI makes this backpacking version and that's the one I always use.
Old 02-25-2016, 05:40 AM   #821
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
I hate the plastic of individual servings.....but, you can't have it all.

Maggie
Old 02-25-2016, 06:41 AM   #822
2 Rivet Member

Rohnert Park , California
REI (the camping store) carries refillable squeeze tubes. They're sort of like toothpaste tubes but they have a larger opening for stuff to come out and the other end is open until you put on a clip. They should work with smooth peanut butter. Extra chunky might be a challenge but since they're two for under $5, they're worth a try. If chunky peanut butter doesn't work, they can be used for something else.

These refillable tubes might also solve the problem of having small packages while not dumping lots of disposable plastic packaging into the landfill. At the very least, they're cheaper than buying individual packets and you can fill them with whatever you want.
http://www.rei.com/product/696007/co...s-package-of-2

The last time I used them was in the 70s and I remember that you had to carefully put on the clip. The design probably has changed since then. They're made by Coghlan's, a common brand of small camping things, so they should be easy to find elsewhere.

Another alternative to pre-packaged stuff is to use the small jars that are made for cosmetics. They're sold empty and are usually in the section of a drug or discount store that has all of the travel-sized items. These jars are also cheap, reusable and can be filled with whatever you want. To get and idea of what I'm talking about, the Container Store has a page dedicated to these kinds of things:
http://www.containerstore.com/s/trav...-medication/12

I know it's a personal thing, but generating unnecessary and non-biodegradable trash while getting out in nature is a real problem for me. Don't get me started talking about boondocking in the woods with a K-cup coffee maker.
Old 02-25-2016, 07:19 AM   #823
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
I have some of those tubes, which I use for ketchup, barbecue sauce, Miracle Whip, etc., in the frig.

I try to keep plastic waste down, too, but am not 100%, especially when traveling.

I keep some of those small, plastic, snack or portion containers you can buy everywhere, and put things like pickle relish, jam, etc., in them for the frig when their jars start to get empty.

I hadn't thought about putting something like jam in a refillable tube, but you could do that.

I do think that peanut butter would be a mess to get into a tube, and then get out and clean....but, it's a thought.

Maggie
Old 02-25-2016, 07:19 AM   #824
2 Rivet Member

Rohnert Park , California
Quote:
I was tired of looking for the remotes and trying to figure out where to keep them. I found this remote holder on eBay for $10.99 including shipping from China. I installed it in the upper storage shelf on the driver's side.
I use the Command strips for hanging pictures and frames to attach things like this to walls. With these strips, you don't have to drill into anything and you can move or remove the item whenever you want.

http://www.command.com/3M/en_US/comm...+8706801&rt=r3

To be safe, I always use the ones with the greatest weight capacity that I can find. It may be overkill, but I can be sure that whatever I put up won't fall down.
Old 02-25-2016, 07:25 AM   #825
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
I found some large, clamp type hooks, with peel and stick backs a number of years ago, and have just mounted one of those behind the TV to hold a coiled up extension cord for the outlet there.

Needed at times, when I am reading a book on the IPad and the battery is fading....but I don't want to stop reading to let it charge.

Having it there is very handy, it keeps me from digging for it, and I can read while it charges.

It is similar to this 3M one for a broom, tho the clamp part is wider.

I have mine mounted so the clamp part is vertical, holding the coiled cord horizontally, and another behind the driver's seat, holding in place a mesh bag with things for cleaning the Interstate.

Maggie
Attached Images

Old 02-25-2016, 07:44 AM   #826
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
This is mine, tho EZRv is not in business any longer. They made some great products.

This type of hook is very sturdy and handy, may be available by another manufacturer.

Maggie
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	345.5 KB
ID:	257831