Old 02-18-2015, 06:39 AM   #575
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Ahhhh.....I use my rear door hardly at all.

Dealing with cords and hoses, folding bicycle, etc., primarily.

That area you show is pantry for me. I have two trunk organizers in there.

Maggie

Old 02-18-2015, 07:10 AM   #576
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
League City , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily&Me View Post
Ahhhh.....I use my rear door hardly at all.

Dealing with cords and hoses, folding bicycle, etc., primarily.

That area you show is pantry for me. I have two trunk organizers in there.

Maggie
Do we have the same models? I tend to assume that everyone else's model is different because the longitudinal jack-knife couches appear to be rare. We bought in late September 2014 and I haven't seen another of our model for sale since that time. I tell my husband that we made the exact right decision without even really knowing what the heck we were doing at the time.

Old 02-18-2015, 07:16 AM   #577
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
I think we have the same models.....mid-bath, mine is called.

Wet bath directly across from the sliding door, thru the galley kitchen to two rear benches that make into the bed?

We bought the screen door....velcro-attach, zipper up center...for good weather, beach camping, etc., because the rear doors offer such beautiful views. If you don't have one, I would highly recommend it.

Maggie
Old 02-18-2015, 07:30 AM   #578
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
League City , Texas
Quote:
I think we have the same models.....mid-bath, mine is called.

Wet bath directly across from the sliding door, thru the galley kitchen to two rear benches that make into the bed?

We bought the screen door....velcro-attach, zipper up center...for good weather, beach camping, etc., because the rear doors offer such beautiful views. If you don't have one, I would highly recommend it.

Maggie
Some (most?) of the 2007 AI mid-baths had their rear ends turned into lounges. Mything2's is that way, and there's another 2007 owner whom I may get to meet a few months from now as he and his wife pass through Texas... I thought theirs had a lounge, too. I don't know what Bugs's looks like. Are you there, Bugs?

Yesterday I intended to research the Sprinter rear door screen choices so that I could make a final decision as to whether I wanted to buy one or make one myself. Somehow in an ADD moment I got diverted onto the issue of windshield covers and ended up making that command decision instead.
Old 02-18-2015, 07:56 AM   #579
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Doesn't sound like they are quite the same.

That you love yours is all that is important.

Our rear screen did not come from Sprinter, who did not have them at the time, and was a bit pricey. But, an essentially one-time purchase, so eminently justifiable.

I have used mine often at rallies, so folks can look in the side and thru the back without going inside, if they don't want to.

On the beach, backed up to water or forest.

To die for stunning, and protects you from marauding insects.

Maggie
Old 02-21-2015, 10:14 AM   #580
4 Rivet Member

2006 22' Interstate
Mont Vernon , New Hampshire
Ours is a rear lounge versus the two jack knife sofas.

We went back and forth between the two models, but in the end, the most important criteria for us was that it be in very good condition. Looking at how they are made, I think it would be fairly easy to convert the layout if we wanted to in the future.

We found ours after looking on and off for a couple of years - We started in earnest in May last year after we sold our Classic Airstream Motorhome.

Here is a picture link to ours:
Used Sprinter RV's - 2006 Airstream Interstate 2500 22'- Front Lounge Sprinter Diesel

We love it!

I think we are up to 3 or 4 interstates now coming to our WBCCI NEU rally May 1-3 at Salisbury Beach Park in Salisbury MA. Y'all Come if your are going to be in the area!
There is information in the rally tab here on the forums.

Bugs
Old 02-22-2015, 07:49 AM   #581
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
League City , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugsbunny View Post
Ours is a rear lounge versus the two jack knife sofas.

We went back and forth between the two models, but in the end, the most important criteria for us was that it be in very good condition. Looking at how they are made, I think it would be fairly easy to convert the layout if we wanted to in the future.

We found ours after looking on and off for a couple of years - We started in earnest in May last year after we sold our Classic Airstream Motorhome.

Here is a picture link to ours:
Used Sprinter RV's - 2006 Airstream Interstate 2500 22'- Front Lounge Sprinter Diesel

We love it!

I think we are up to 3 or 4 interstates now coming to our WBCCI NEU rally May 1-3 at Salisbury Beach Park in Salisbury MA. Y'all Come if your are going to be in the area!
There is information in the rally tab here on the forums.

Bugs
Nice one, similar to ours in being low mileage on acquisition (ours had 26K). Very well kept but probably not garaged throughout its life. If I had a stripe choice, I think I would have picked blue or grey. Ours is garnet, which I initially did not like, but it has grown on me.

Like a proper nerd, I image-processed your black water tank photo to see if I could discern any evidence of vent line crack similar to what ours had. Results inconclusive - like ours, the Pex lines were blocking the view.
Old 02-27-2015, 11:28 AM   #582
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
I keep my favorite tea bags in a ziploc bag in the upper galley cabinet.

It seems that every time I open that cabinet, the bag of tea bags falls out.

And so, after getting some ideas online, I crocheted this little hanging sack from cherry red yarn, two strands held together, and suspended it from the bar that runs along the spice rack area in the galley.

I am not much of a photographer, on my best day, and the camera on the IPad is my only current option, but you get the idea.

Too cute!! Took about 30 minutes, and is about 4" in diameter, about 3 1/2" deep. Could also be suspended from a hook mounted to a wall or any other surface.

A perfect solution.

I will have a few of these in various colors for the giveaway table at Alumalina.

Maggie
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	81.0 KB
ID:	233225  
Old 02-27-2015, 01:03 PM   #583
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
And then.....I made another one.

More narrow in diameter, about 5 1/2" deep, for my TJ's instant coffee-with-cream-and-sugar packets.....my go-to coffee on driving days. Something else out of my cabinet.

I'm a happy girl.

Maggie
Old 02-27-2015, 02:19 PM   #584
4 Rivet Member

1977 27' Overlander
1996 34' Excella
Florida Panhandle , Florida
Quote:
And then.....I made another one.

More narrow in diameter, about 5 1/2" deep, for my TJ's instant coffee-with-cream-and-sugar packets.....my go-to coffee on driving days. Something else out of my cabinet.

I'm a happy girl.

Maggie

Mother necessity, where would we be..... Great idea and execution!
1997 Airstream Excella / 34' ~ The Sane Asylum
Paddledipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 03:06 PM   #585
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
They really are pretty cute, and the most beautiful shade of red.

I can't take credit for the idea, other than where to hang them in the Interstate. I was looking online for something commercially made with a handle, when the handmade ones popped up.

Can't beat the price.

Maggie
Old 02-27-2015, 06:24 PM   #586
4 Rivet Member

2006 22' Interstate
IB,

We had the black vent leak - it appeared on one of our last trips of the season when we hadn't dumped before heading out (no dump at the campground). Your blog notes will be a great help in repairing it (thanks again for taking the time to post all the detailed information). Knock on wood - no other water issues so far....

Bugs
Old 02-28-2015, 06:30 AM   #587
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
League City , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugsbunny View Post
IB,

We had the black vent leak - it appeared on one of our last trips of the season when we hadn't dumped before heading out (no dump at the campground). Your blog notes will be a great help in repairing it (thanks again for taking the time to post all the detailed information). Knock on wood - no other water issues so far....

Bugs
No gray water leaks?? Among us 2007 owners, major gray water issues have proven to be the rule rather than the exception, unless the previous owners had the system repaired under warranty (and even then it might not have been done in a way that holds).

Our black water repair lacks elegance, but it was just a vent line. Whether black or gray, the most important thing to remember is to get the magic rubber inlet fittings. The rest of the reconstruction is negotiable.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	GASKET.JPG
Views:	106
Size:	71.9 KB
ID:	233290  
Old 02-28-2015, 06:38 AM   #588
4 Rivet Member

2006 22' Interstate
Only the black tank vent... Perhaps they had the repair done. From information we had about the original owners, they were very much on top of any repairs that were needed.

Bugs