Old 08-07-2014, 07:22 AM   #239
2 Rivet Member

2011 Interstate Coach
Troy , Michigan
This is what I used to add a cupholder for the seat behind the driver.
Texas Saddlebags Wedge Cup Holder 35101/AC731: Search no more for the best Cup Holder at Advance Auto Parts

As the name implies, it's designed to 'wedge' between 2 seat cushions, but I drilled a couple of holes and attached it to the wall immediately below that nearly-useless hole on the street side wall, in front of the second row seat. The top of the cupholder has a lip that will rest conveniently on the edge of that hole. I used a couple of small machine screws, washers & nuts to attach it.
I haven't figured out how to add a cupholder for the curb side seat yet. The sliding door makes it more challenging.

John
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cupholder.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	17.7 KB
ID:	218502  

Old 08-07-2014, 07:38 AM   #240
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
"I haven't figured out how to add a cupholder for the curb side seat yet. The sliding door makes it more challenging."

Something magnetic, perhaps, on the sliding door?

I think they also make cupholders that slip over an arm of a seat.

Maggie

Old 08-07-2014, 09:38 AM   #241
Rivet Master

2011 Interstate Coach
Overland Park , Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotorCity57 View Post
I haven't figured out how to add a cupholder for the curb side seat yet. The sliding door makes it more challenging.

John
Here's some pics of the adjustable Camco cupholders. Attached w/ supplied screws directly into the luan plywood on the door and wall.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_20140807_112657_286.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	171.2 KB
ID:	218520   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140807_112718_606.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	142.7 KB
ID:	218521  

Name:	IMG_20140807_112813_436.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	130.8 KB
ID:	218522  

PM me for sale info on my 2011. SOLD!
Upfitted Transit 350 sitting in driveway.
73shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 11:30 AM   #242
2 Rivet Member

2011 Interstate Coach
Troy , Michigan
That looks like a good solution. Do you always have to remember to close the cupholder before opening the sliding door?
Old 08-07-2014, 07:37 PM   #243
Rivet Master

2011 Interstate Coach
Overland Park , Kansas
I don't because I put in the intermediate stop so the door opens to the edge of the seat. Didn't see any reason for it to open any farther especially when it's 90+ outside and the undersized A/C is struggling to keep the inside sort of cool.

Someday I may put the newer version on that is just a detent that allows you to still open fully if you need to.

Old 08-08-2014, 12:37 AM   #244
Rivet Master

2013 Interstate Coach
Fulton , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotorCity57 View Post
This is what I used to add a cupholder ...

.... I drilled a couple of holes and attached it to the wall immediately below that nearly-useless hole on the street side wall, in front of the second row seat.

John

What year is your AI? There is a cup holder on the street-side and curb-side sliding door on my 2013.

- - Mike
2013 AS Interstate on 2012 MB Sprinter
Boxster1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 07:46 AM   #245
Rivet Master

2011 Interstate Coach
Overland Park , Kansas
AS added those sometime after the 2011 model.

Old 08-08-2014, 08:58 AM   #246
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
Metairie , Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by 73shark View Post
AS added those sometime after the 2011 model.
After 2012, I think, since my 2012 doesn't have them. I think they added the second-row cup holders about the same time they introduced the Extended models.
WBCCI #1105
TAC LA-4

I don't have an anger management problem. I manage to remember exactly what everyone has done to make me angry!
Protagonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 10:50 PM   #247
1 Rivet Member

2011 Avenue Coach
Carrollton , Texas
Using Mattress Kits from Roadtrek In Avenue B

Has anyone experience with the tri-fold mattress kits from Roadtrek that that can be used in the Avenue B Airstream Van to create two twin beds out of the driver and passenger seat on the left when swiveled with the backs to the window and facing the center of the van; and the two seats on the right side of the van in the same backs-to-window orientation and facing the center of the van. The mattress kits are supposed to lay down parallel to the sides of the van on top of the seat bottoms on the left and on the right side of the vans. They haven't arrived yet and wondered about stowing these during the day. Anyone already used these? Any thoughts? From TexasGal (with two granddaughters who will be using these mattress kits).
Old 08-12-2014, 05:05 AM   #248
1 Rivet Member

1994 30' Excella
2013 Interstate Coach
Grand Rapids , Michigan
Milk in the fridge

We had the same dilemma with taking milk and OJ. Not sure if you have the same fridge as the Interstates, but we picked up a variety of Nalgenes. 32 and 48 oz ROUND will go in the door of our fridge or on a shelf with the extension flipped up. The 64 oz RECTANGULAR goes in one shelf better than the other.

Do check your dimensions, The clear bottles we have are a little fatter and don't fit the shelf opening well.

You can get them from various places on the web. REI, Campmor Amazon etc and the round 32 oz come in clear hard plastic or soft. So far they don't seem to hold odors, but I am very careful to wash around the neck and threads and keep them open in storage. I hate when my milk tastes like ice tea. <grin>

Nalgene Rectangular 64 oz. Bottle BPA Free, 80924 | Water Bottles | Water Containers | GEAR | items from Campmor.

Nalgene Tritan Widemouth 1 Quart Bottle BPA Free, 98227 | Water Bottles | Water Containers | GEAR | items from Campmor.

Nalgene Wide Mouth Loop-Top 32 oz. Bottle BPA Free, 80900 | Water Bottles | Water Containers | GEAR | items from Campmor.

Nalgene Wide Mouth Loop-Top 48 oz. Bottle BPA Free, 80883 | Water Bottles | Water Containers | GEAR | items from Campmor.
Old 08-16-2014, 08:36 AM   #249
4 Rivet Member

2006 22' Interstate
Mont Vernon , New Hampshire
Smile Interstate Spice Rack

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug&maggie View Post
We seem to be the exception, in that our 06 Interstate has a spice rack...at least, that's what I call it ....across the underside of the upper galley cabinet.

I found some lovely, glass and brushed stainless jars that are lined up across there with my favorite spices, peppercorns, etc. An advantage to being old.

I wonder why they stopped putting those in....they are very handy.

Maggie
Hi Maggie,

We just bought a 2007 Interstate yesterday (YEA!!!!) and will have it home here in NH in a couple of weeks. I have tons of spices/containers that i am going thru cleaning out my kitchen at home. What size spice jars will fit in the spice rack? Thanks-- Kate
Old 08-16-2014, 08:45 AM   #250
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
The ones I have are about 4" tall.

I have seen some similar at BB&BY.

I put a strip of velcro tape across the back of this area, then a small piece of velcro on each bottle, to keep them from jumping out while driving.

Maggie
Old 08-18-2014, 10:47 AM   #251
Rivet Master

1964 19' Globetrotter
The Sea Ranch , California
regarding spices and space: I buy my spices in bulk, so I can buy a couple of tablespoons worth for .50 rather than a bottle for $5 that goes stale before I can use it. This works for the stuff that I use in smaller amounts. Peppercorns, basil, oregano etc need big jars. In our trailer, space is at such a premium, I've been looking for a really clever way to store bulk foods, flour, sugar, spices. I'm going to give this a try, they'll fit in a weird overhead cabinet that is taken up mostly by the fridge vent

http://www.amazon.com/Umbra-Cylindra...bra+spice+rack
Old 08-18-2014, 11:00 AM   #252
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
Metairie , Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Globie64 View Post
regarding spices and space: I buy my spices in bulk, so I can buy a couple of tablespoons worth for .50 rather than a bottle for $5 that goes stale before I can use it. This works for the stuff that I use in smaller amounts. Peppercorns, basil, oregano etc need big jars. In our trailer, space is at such a premium, I've been looking for a really clever way to store bulk foods, flour, sugar, spices. I'm going to give this a try, they'll fit in a weird overhead cabinet that is taken up mostly by the fridge vent
Here's an idea that might work for you… prescription pill bottles. You don't even need to take prescription medication to get them, though it you do you'll already have some as soon as they're empty. Here's where to find them on Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...pill%20bottles

WBCCI #1105
TAC LA-4

I don't have an anger management problem. I manage to remember exactly what everyone has done to make me angry!
Protagonist is offline   Reply With Quote