Old 09-15-2018, 04:29 PM   #1443
Contributing Member

2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Austin (Hays County) , Texas
I need to get a couple of cans of this stuff for use when the fresh tank runs low.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Dehydrated water.JPG
Views:	64
Size:	96.0 KB
ID:	322604  

WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 06:26 PM   #1444
Wannabe RV'er in training

2018 Interstate Lounge Ext
High Desert , Las Vegas , Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titus View Post
Alex
From what I can tell that is 2A at 120V. So the Igloo is only practical when plugged into AC as powering it through the inverter would deplete batteries too quickly. 200 W of solar operating at max during mid-day would not even keep up. Correct?
TITUS - We use it mostly when in camp. And we are full hookups people, so rarely use batteries. But when we are just on day trips and really need it for long time, thats what gen is for. Not sure how far it would take to deplete batts during daytime, haven't calculated or tested practicality if using batts only. I have 300w now and going to 400w this winter. Don't really see why I have to go 400 now, after knowing our typical use for our AI is hookups. But I already have the parts sitting/waiting for install, so might as well. Won't hurt Then maybe I can try using just with batts.

Alex AVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 06:28 PM   #1445
Wannabe RV'er in training

2018 Interstate Lounge Ext
High Desert , Las Vegas , Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pahaska View Post
I need to get a couple of cans of this stuff for use when the fresh tank runs low.
JOHN - You may want to try this too. I heard the French love it
Attached Images

Alex AVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 10:18 AM   #1446
Rivet Master

2013 Interstate Coach
Fulton , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by InterBlog View Post
But in Canada, it's not a gunfight. It's a knife fight.

I got some throwing knives in two sizes, and last weekend chopped up some 4x4 scrap to make a practice target (which I've already destroyed part of). It's not very often that I get six consecutive sticks. It is definitely a skill that needs to be developed with a lot of practice. But I'd rather have SOME skill than none at all.

INTERBLOG - staying off topic a bit longer - you might enjoy this in news today...
==============
Borrowing strategy from NRA, activists quietly overturn knife restrictions across U.S.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...=.c31ce2e9ad15
Boxster1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 05:47 AM   #1447
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
League City , Texas
Good tip this morning from Lennie over on Class B Forum: Turkish bath towels. Large and cotton, but very thin for quick drying. And much cheaper than microfiber.

We were belly-aching about what a horrible option microfiber towels are (= first world problems, to be sure). They are expensive, they feel terrible on the skin, and they don't absorb water worth a crap. But conventional towels are far too large and thick for use in a Class B, so that's not an option.

So I ordered a pestemal on Amazon for $13 to try it out, but I suspect it will work well because it is so thin. I already use similarly-made smaller thin towels in the galley. They are cotton but they do dry quickly.
InterBlog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 09:00 AM   #1448
Contributing Member

2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Austin (Hays County) , Texas
About 10 years ago, I saw an ad for towels intended for RV use that dry faster than conventional towels. I bought a set and used them in my Classic 28. They are one of the items that made the transfer to my Interstate.

The are a bit thinner than conventional towels and just a tad smaller in dimensions. I roll the towels and the entire set fits, along with dish towels, in two of my tubs on the shelf I added under the upper rear compartment. At the rate of use in the AI, these towels will outlast me.
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 09:02 AM   #1449
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Mont Vernon , New Hampshire
I have the turkish towels - they work great - dry very fast and store in a very small space compared to conventional towels.
bugsbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 06:36 AM   #1450
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
I saw this very excellent idea on another thread...19.7”, peel and stick carpet squares, in lots of great colors/patterns, and narrow enough to make a runner for our aisles!

https://www.flor.com/carpet-tiles/st...-tiles/upcycle

I like something underfoot, particularly in cold weather.

It takes some looking to find even throw rugs narrow enough, and I currently have three down that work, which I like because they can be taken up to shake or wash...but I like this much, much better.

Maggie
Attached Images

Old 10-05-2018, 08:29 AM   #1451
3 Rivet Member

2019 22' Sport
Currently Looking...
Cohasset , Massachusetts
Hi Maggie,
The way the FLOR carpet pieces work is they come with adhesive circles that join the squares together to each other, not to the floor. You join them in any configuration to one another and then itís just a rug of that shape. They donít have an adhesive back. So they donít glue to the floor. The back is a non skid rubbery type of thing. Just like many throw rugs. They work well.
Rich
Rg416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 08:49 AM   #1452
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Ahhh, thanks for that clarification.

Still, they are a great idea for our tiny floorspace, and could be anchored with the rug tape you can buy for throw rugs that have no rubber backing,

I am seriously considering the “Mink” for mine.

Would probably use my throw rugs, in addition, because of the dog, but I think these would warm up the look and feel of the Interstate nicely.

Maggie
Old 10-05-2018, 09:51 AM   #1453
3 Rivet Member

2019 22' Sport
Currently Looking...
Cohasset , Massachusetts
Keep in mind some of the FLOR choices are different pile heights. I chose the one I did because itís tight and low. In the 22 Sport, thereís a door under the bed that swings open over the rug. It clears the low pile very well. Before this I had a dinner that I had to fold back every time to open the door. No good. So keep the height in mind if you have any of those concerns.
Also, the rug has stayed in place very well without taping to the floor. Has a grippy backing. But if slipping is a concern, certainly rug tape would work.
Rich
Rg416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 10:45 AM   #1454
2 Rivet Member

2018 16' Sport
Northfield , Minnesota
I use a hall runner, lots of options on Amazon.... this is one.

LmlMaples Rugs Runner Rug - Reggie Artwork Collection 2 x 6 Non Skid Hallway Carpet Entry Rugs Runners [Made in USA] for Kitchen and Entryway, 2' x 6' https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071J2YDCW..._xS1TBbDZX4MBM
rwigley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 10:47 AM   #1455
4 Rivet Member

2019 26' Flying Cloud
Morristown , Tennessee
Amazon. https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0360.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	91.1 KB
ID:	324480  
WBCCI #6679
Acheron2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 11:11 AM   #1456
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
League City , Texas
Interesting product. I'm glad it doesn't stick to the floor. What would I do with an adhered carpet when my dog decides it's time to vomit?

InterBlog is offline   Reply With Quote