Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Sprinter and B-van Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-29-2017, 03:03 PM   #121
Rivet Master

2015 30' International
2009 27' FB International
2007 25' Safari
Currently Looking...
Greensboro , North Carolina
Having been out in my Serenity so much lately, just returned from Utah, I am making an attempt to asses the actual room i require in an RV. My passion is photography, and this requires the use of my rather large iMac... 27" 5K Retina display, to process the digital images post capture. Additionally, nearly the entire space under my bed is filled with photo gear. Where does all this go in an Interstate? Maybe in a trailer.... what an idea!

And, my shower requirements are about 30" x 30" but I may be able to fit into 24" x 30" after "trying it on".

Plus, I have become spoiled with the recliners in my current AS.

So, at present, I am making the necessary adaptations to my generator set up in the bed of my TV so as to make it about a five minute job to attach the shore line and run the generator in the truck bed, when stopped for the night at my favorite Pilot or Flying J.

The real fact of the matter is that I am growing older each day and the ease of driving, parking, etc., would be far simpler with the interstate or what ever AS comes out with this fall. Even pulling a trailer of seven by ten feet would make things easy, especially the accessibility.

Thus, while not this year, possibly in late 2018 or early 2019.... the downsizing is inevitable.

I have appreciated all the comments, especially the ones with humor....

Oh BTW, have I asked about towing experience and fuel economy with the Interstate?
AIR #31871 KQ3H

www.fantinesvoice.com
Msmoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 03:20 PM   #122
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Small is good, Tommie.

There are some here who tow small vehicles or other trailers with their Interstates, so that is eminently doable, but then you are still towing something.

Maybe one of the new, extended Interstates that has more storage space than we older versions would work for you.

Keep us posted.

Maggie
Old 08-29-2017, 04:07 PM   #123
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Port Angeles , Washington
I've only taken my older AI out for about 10 days at a time so far.
From what I see, the smaller setup is great for traveling, not as great for camping.

the other thing- it seems to work better for people that are average to smaller, rather than large sized. The shower (even on my old T1N) is just fine for me, but I'm just average size, someone that is over 6 foot and especially more weight may have a lot more trouble.
With two people, you need to be able to get along and move for each other, even more than in a trailer. Even the new ones are pretty small inside.
BUT the ability to go a lot more places and a lot easier is great. I use it all the time for day trips and setting up/breaking down for camping is just a few minutes.

You could consider renting one for a week. Expensive, but a lot less than buying one then finding out it was just wouldn't work for what you want.
Lotus54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 07:04 AM   #124
Rivet Master

2015 30' International
2009 27' FB International
2007 25' Safari
Currently Looking...
Greensboro , North Carolina
Having given this more consideration.... not always a good thing.... I recognize that change for change's sake may be a factor. Most likely I will continue to adjust my current set up so as to make it less work to set-up/take-down, then after another season of travel look to place it for sale.

However, I am planning on having a For Sale sign on it at Alumalina, primarily to get comments on what folks think it is worth... with all 63 improvements I have made on it including my TV.

So, will see.... and again, so very grateful for all the comments to guide me...
AIR #31871 KQ3H

www.fantinesvoice.com
Msmoto is offline   Reply With Quote