Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-12-2013, 11:53 AM   #21
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inland RV Center, In View Post
Zip Dee has screen rooms that fit their awnings.

Their screen rooms can also be equipped for total privacy.

Andy
Will they also fit an Interstate's Fiamma F65 awning?
Old 03-12-2013, 12:05 PM   #22
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

Corona , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protagonist View Post
Will they also fit an Interstate's Fiamma F65 awning?
Call Linda at Zip Dee, 800-3382378.

Andy
Inland RV Center, In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 04:58 PM   #23
3 Rivet Member

2010 22' Interstate
Vincennes , Indiana
Carefree

Zip Dee was not interested in talking> I got the feeling they did not want to compete with Fiama. I was given a name at Fiama to ask whether it woulld fit or not.

Has anyone purchased one of these?

Share your own customer images

Carefree 291600 Vacation'r Add-A-Room fits 16-17' Awnings

by Carefree of Colorado
5.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (1 customer review)
List Price: $635.79 Price: $551.00 You Save: $84.79 (13%)

Only 4 left in stock.
Ships from and sold by Camper's Corner.

4 new from $551.00
aa9zz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 06:44 AM   #24

2012 Interstate Coach
Quote:
Originally Posted by aa9zz View Post
Has anyone purchased one of these?
Not a Carefree. I've got the Fiamma Privacy Room, which I have used only twice so far. You can see a picture of it here: Texas Piney Woods Rally 2012 - Photo Gallery. Only using it twice has been as much due to my choice of campgrounds as anything. One can't drive stakes into pavement, so when I stayed at campgrounds with paved sites, no Privacy Room. But that would be true for any screen room, not just a Fiamma.

I like the Fiamma Privacy Room, but it's a bear to set up— especially solo. The second time, it took about an hour to set up by myself, and 45 minutes to take down. I won't tell you how long it took the first time, but definitely much longer.

Side note, whatever screen room you get, or make, you'll need supplemental lighting in the screen room. The "porch light" on the side of an Interstate is barely bright enough to use as a nightlight inside a screened-in room— enough to keep from tripping over anything, but not good for much else.
Old 03-17-2013, 09:42 AM   #25
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
2013 Interstate Coach
Austin , Texas
Florida Room By Fiamma

I am going with Florida Room by Fiamma. Have not tried yet, but will let all know if I like it or not and whether the set up is efficient for overnight (I bought it for week or more trips, not really overnight).

For overnight and weekends, I am also adding screens to side door and back door to make short trips easier. After ordering several types of bug screens, I decided to have an upholster make mine as others did not not feel they would hold up.

I also modified the front seat captain chairs with removable cushions to make sleeping area for 2 older grandkids, again to use screen room only for longer trips without having to haul cots for extra sleepers.
eliasurbina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 10:33 AM   #26

2012 Interstate Coach
Quote:
Originally Posted by eliasurbina View Post
I am going with Florida Room by Fiamma. Have not tried yet, but will let all know if I like it or not and whether the set up is efficient for overnight (I bought it for week or more trips, not really overnight).
I'll be interested to know that, too. I thought the Fiamma Florida Room didn't fit the F65 awnings, which is why I went with the Privacy Room.

At the time I bought mine, they didn't have the Privacy Room Light, or I might have gone with it instead. The polyester fabric is bound to be more lightweight than the vinyl fabric of the original Privacy Room.
Old 04-05-2013, 03:43 PM   #27
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Our 2006 Interstate is a 2005 Sprinter Van, and the ready made screens that cover the cargo door area are not available for 06 and earlier.

We ordered one of these from bugoffscreen.com, 48" x 80", and it arrived today.

Covers the cargo door opening when fully open and falls just below the running board. Good quality, black screen and adjustable tension rod holds it securely.

We rolled it up with tension rod attached, and it made a neat little package that slips into the fabric case for the windshield cover. Stores beneath a bench in the rear.

Not quite as nifty as a custom-fit screen, but it will do the job and was only $49.95 plus S&H!

I'll get a picture of it installed the first time we use it.

Maggie
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	71.6 KB
ID:	182527  
Old 04-07-2013, 09:24 AM   #28
3 Rivet Member

2010 22' Interstate
Vincennes , Indiana
Please do send a picture. My 2010 seems to have curved headings where the tension bar would be attached, if I understand where it it to be connected.

I am in Nevada, unfortunately without the Airstream, for another week. I couldn't drive as work won't pay mileage but they will pay for air tickets. Indiana to Las Vegas is a little too far to pick up the fuel bill myself even though it would be my preferred way of travel.

Have you used something like this before?

Phil
Old 04-07-2013, 11:14 AM   #29
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Hi Phil,

Our frame looked a bit curved, too, although it was hard to tell from just looking at it.

We put the screens on the tension bar and attached it briefly, and it went up and locked in place without a problem. It is a strong, sturdy tension bar.

We were parked on the street, having just returned from a 4-day jaunt to visit Iowa family, so it wasn't really conducive to a nice photo. I will get one soon, at least by next week as we have friends stopping by on their way home and will be camping for a couple of nights with them.

We have the custom made screen for the rear door, which zips up the center and attaches all around with velcro. We love it, and it provides the outdoor feel even when you need to be inside due to insects. it's just not available for our model Sprinter.

This will not look as neat as a custom item, but it should serve the purpose and is also a good price.

Maggie
Old 04-17-2013, 10:36 AM   #30
3 Rivet Member

2010 22' Interstate
Vincennes , Indiana
Maggie,

I just got back from a business trip and am about to set out for summer weekends. I wonder how your new screen is working out. Did it fit well? Would you suggest the same size? Any issues at all?

Phil
Old 04-18-2013, 07:35 AM   #31
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Quote:
Maggie,

I just got back from a business trip and am about to set out for summer weekends. I wonder how your new screen is working out. Did it fit well? Would you suggest the same size? Any issues at all?

Phil
Well, I would love to tell you but we have been camping in rain and cold since Tuesday so have not had it up.

When the rain stops, I will put it up and get a picture posted, but it may be a few days.

Maggie
Old 04-19-2013, 06:46 AM   #32
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
It's not raining this am, but starting to spit a bit of snow.

This is a quick put-up, edges are not secured, but you can see the screen covers the opening nicely and falls just below the running board.

There are two rod pockets at the top, and we have the rod in the lower pocket. May change to the top pocket as it will allow the velcro tab to drop a bit lower and nicely clear the latch. The little black tab you see on the right is the velcro tab not yet adhered to the door frame.

I can't get this to post off the Ipad other than sideways, but better than upside down.

Maggie
Attached Thumbnails

Views:	233
Size:	209.3 KB
ID:	183745  
Old 04-19-2013, 11:32 AM   #33
3 Rivet Member

2010 22' Interstate
Vincennes , Indiana
Thank you very much. I'll call today, but, I'll order a vertical rather than horizontal. Maybe that will help with orientation

Phil
Old 04-19-2013, 12:16 PM   #34
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Quote:
Thank you very much. I'll call today, but, I'll order a vertical rather than horizontal. Maybe that will help with orientation

Phil
Duhhhh.....took me a minute to get that.

I thought...."they can open horizontally?"

I think it will be quite doable. Good quality screen and its' bits and pieces.

Where it looks uneven at the top, that is the top pocket partially rolled down and partially up straight. I was hurrying and outside in my bare feet.

Maggie
Old 05-12-2013, 05:26 PM   #35
1 Rivet Member

2012 Interstate Coach
Rochester , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protagonist View Post
SprinterStore.com sells screens for the side and rear doors: Insect Screens

Eurocampers.com sells a better rear door screen, but no side door screen: Spinter Rear Door Screen Kits.
Hello, I see you bought a Fiamma Screen Room. I am taking delivery of a new to us 2012 non extended interstate this Thursday. I know from the Litiature I have a F65 but liking at the Fiamma USA site there appears to be 2 versions the regular and the lite? Is this lite what you have? I also am not sure which one to order, do you have the actual part number I can call and order so I get the correct one. I believe after looking at a few of your posts you have the same sprinter as us. This is my first post I hope I did it correctly. I very much apprechiate any help or advice you can offer...I want to order it ASAP. Was it in stock? Thanks!
Doug454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 03:31 AM   #36

2012 Interstate Coach
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug454 View Post
Hello, I see you bought a Fiamma Screen Room. I am taking delivery of a new to us 2012 non extended interstate this Thursday. I know from the Litiature I have a F65 but liking at the Fiamma USA site there appears to be 2 versions the regular and the lite? Is this lite what you have? I also am not sure which one to order, do you have the actual part number I can call and order so I get the correct one. I believe after looking at a few of your posts you have the same sprinter as us. This is my first post I hope I did it correctly. I very much apprechiate any help or advice you can offer...I want to order it ASAP. Was it in stock? Thanks!
Welcome to the AirForums! Glad to have you with us.

The Lite version only fits the F45 awning, not the F65 awning, so you have to get the Regular version.

The regular awning comes in several different sizes: You want the 4.0-meter long version, 2.5-meter tall.

I don't have the stock number handy; it has been over a year since I purchased mine.

If you do purchase one, it will take three or four weeks to get it, if it's in stock, and because of the weight it will probably be shipped FedEx Freight. If it's not in stock, it will take over eight weeks to special-order it. They're made in Italy and have to be imported.

When you do get it, before you try to set it up the first time, PM me and I'll give you a few hints that will help you; the instruction booklet is almost useless.
Old 05-14-2013, 09:55 AM   #37
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois

Views:	199
Size:	340.5 KB
ID:	185724bugoffscreen.com. 48x80 inches

This is the first chance we have had to use this, so wanted to post a pic.

We have the screen hanging straight down, which falls below the running board a few inches. The velcro sticky strips which anchor to the sides are very good.

If we had very persistent bugs, would fold the screen up onto the running board, as there are gaps this way at the bottom.

For $50, we deem this a good solution.

The Ipad doesn't like posting pictures, apparently. When we tap on the picture it does go rightside up.

Maggie
Old 05-17-2013, 07:05 PM   #38
2 Rivet Member

2007 Interstate
Pittsburgh , Pennsylvania
Magic Mesh Screen

Here's my screen for the side door. It's 3 Magic Mesh panels. I "sewed" the 3rd panel on with the velcro supplied. I made it so that the 3rd panel's magnets are on the outside so they can stick to the van. I attached velcro in 6 places along the top of the opening to the sliding door, but it only took 2 places on the side closest to the front. I plan to hold the bottom down with shoes or rocks. Not perfect, but cost $29.00. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0934.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	234.8 KB
ID:	185959
Old 05-19-2013, 12:05 PM   #39
2 Rivet Member

2012 Interstate Coach
Front Royal , Virginia
You would think Airstream would make a solid screen door modification as other Class B motorhomes have done.

SGT DAVE
SGT DAVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 02:11 PM   #40

2012 Interstate Coach
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT DAVE View Post
You would think Airstream would make a solid screen door modification as other Class B motorhomes have done.

SGT DAVE
I only know of one Sprinter conversion that has a solid-frame screen, the Great West Legend. Are there others?