Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Sprinter and B-van Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-20-2018, 03:26 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2018 Tommy Bahama Interstate
Birmingham , Alabama
Sat Radio (SirusXM) for New Interstates Fix

Today was "Checkout Tommy Day" (Tommy is the name of our Families Airstream Interstate). When open the door of Tommy, I have no illusions. Some thing will need to be done; need to be cleaned; need to be fixed; or need to be dealt with in some way.

Today it was the SirusXM Sat Radio System: For some reason, it would not allow me to leave the channel I was on. Usually, all that is needed is a call to SirusXM to send the Radio signal again, not today. Rather then tell you all the things I did wrong, let me tell you the solution.

Solution: Before for you call SirusXM, remember that the Fusion Infotainment system has toggle switches to put on the WiFi and the Bluetooth. You must turn both of these switches of "OFF" prior having your radio signal sent to your unit from SirusXM.

Conclusion: Four hours to learn this little items seems long but if I save someone else some time in the future, it was my pleasure.

Proud new owner of a 2018 Airstream Interstate Grand Tour Tommy Bahama
Previously owned a 2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 25 ft.
sthrngary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 05:17 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2017 Interstate Lounge Ext
Northern , California
Thanks for that.

I'm sure it will save someone some aggravation because that solution is not the least bit intuitive......
FlyFishinRVr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 04:58 AM   #3
1 Rivet Member

2017 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Seaside Park , New Jersey
Sat Radio (SirusXM) for New Interstates Fix

I had this problem last year but a reset was the fix. I had channel 22 for 2700 miles. I like Pearl Jam but not exclusively.

Did anybody have an issue after the recent update? I now have all the xm channels but no sound. I have sound with all other sources except xm.
Southtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 10:17 PM   #4
4 Rivet Member

2020 27' Globetrotter
2019 Interstate Lounge Ext
Jackson Hole - Tetons , Wyoming
Quote:
Originally Posted by sthrngary View Post
Today was "Checkout Tommy Day" (Tommy is the name of our Families Airstream Interstate). When open the door of Tommy, I have no illusions. Some thing will need to be done; need to be cleaned; need to be fixed; or need to be dealt with in some way.

Today it was the SirusXM Sat Radio System: For some reason, it would not allow me to leave the channel I was on. Usually, all that is needed is a call to SirusXM to send the Radio signal again, not today. Rather then tell you all the things I did wrong, let me tell you the solution.

Solution: Before for you call SirusXM, remember that the Fusion Infotainment system has toggle switches to put on the WiFi and the Bluetooth. You must turn both of these switches of "OFF" prior having your radio signal sent to your unit from SirusXM.

Conclusion: Four hours to learn this little items seems long but if I save someone else some time in the future, it was my pleasure.

Thank You

Thank You

Thank You!!!!!!
ScottP is offline   Reply With Quote