Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-25-2013, 07:54 AM   #21

2013 Interstate Coach
Fort Worth , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breakfast Dog View Post
I call Airstream and they advise that it is a Kenwood warranty claim and to call Kenwood... really?! So I remind them that we bought a very expensive Interstate with a warranty but Airstream now feels it is ok to simply pass the buck and blow me off. Thanks for nothing.

This is a new Interstate with less than 3,000 miles and has a recurring issue. I will fix this stupid thing myself for $50. Horrible customer service experience. I'd say it is about as satisfying as calling the DMV.
Vogt RV in Fort Worth had zero problems getting my Sirius module replaced by Airstream under warranty. In my case the "proof of the pudding" was plugging in a Sirius module from another Interstate on the lot and everything worked perfectly. The replacement module was ordered direct from Airstream and they authorized the labor and the new part without a problem. I have since been on a 1,700 mile round trip and several shorter trips and the Sirius has worked flawlessly throughout.

It sounds as if you need to find another Airstream dealer to service your vehicle.
joemikeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 09:19 AM   #22
Rivet Master

2010 22' Interstate
Anchorage , Alaska
B...dog,

If you haven't already had your problem fixed, contact one of these guys:In an ideal world you wouldn't have to push an issue like yours to the top but.........

Let us know what happens.
AIR #44779
TAC AK-1 !!
wayneskid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 09:22 PM   #23
1 Rivet Member

2013 Interstate Coach
Columbia , Maryland
So to provide some more data... I had the sat receiver switched out when I had an alarm system installed (Thanks to whoever suggested the secondary alarm system... I think it was Protag... we went with a Drone Mobile solution and haven't looked back. Having access from our cell phones has been awesome). Unfortunately the new receiver made no difference.

What DID make a difference however is where we are in the country. I'm riding my bicycle across the country this summer. My wife and kids are cruising along in our Interstate making sure I stay alive We even got some sponsors so we've got a bunch of custom vinyl on the rig.

When we were back home in MD and at the start of the ride in VA, the sat reception was super sketchy. Some directions it would work fine, other directions would be a disaster. Once we got in to western VA, things started to improve. And once we were in Kentucky, reception has been rock solid. We're in Utah now and it's still great.

I presume what this means is its an issue with the location of the antenna on the roof wrt the awning or something that gets in the way of the satellites when you're not directly under them.

I'm curious if other ppl having issues with their XM reception are on the coasts somewhere...?
gdead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 08:26 AM   #24

2013 Interstate Coach
Fort Worth , Texas
Since I had the XM module replaced in my unit, I have traveled across the South and Southwest from the mountains of Northern New Mexico to the Florida Gulf Coast and XM has never missed a beat! Great reception everywhere I have been.

— Navajo saying
joemikeb is offline   Reply With Quote