Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-04-2013, 01:17 PM   #43
Rivet Master
 
wayneskid's Avatar

 
2010 22' Interstate
Anchorage , Alaska
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 515
Images: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jquayle View Post
Can you post a picture of your final dip switch settings?
Not sure these switches are easy to capture on a useful photo, but you can refer to page 6 of the Tripp-Lite manual which you can download here: http://www.tripplite.com/shared/tech...ual/932768.pdf

This is for the RV750ULHW which is the model in my Interstate. Manuals for other models are available at the same website.

Hope this helps,
Wayne
__________________

__________________
- wayne
2010 Interstate 3500 Twin Bed
(2008 Freightliner CRD Sprinter)
AIR #44779
TAC AK-1 !!
wayneskid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 02:21 PM   #44
4 Rivet Member
 
David M's Avatar
 
2013 Interstate Coach
Orange County , California
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 277
Quote:
Originally Posted by jquayle View Post

Can you post a picture of your final dip switch settings?
Hello jquayle,
Here is my current dip switch settings. In case the picture isn't clear, the positions are (from right to left), up, down, down, up / down, up, up, down. My inverter is a Tripp-Lite RV750ULHW. Thanks,
David


Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4257296036.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	474.6 KB
ID:	190142
__________________

__________________
David M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 02:39 PM   #45
4 Rivet Member
 
David M's Avatar
 
2013 Interstate Coach
Orange County , California
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 277
Quote:
Originally Posted by jquayle View Post

mine is in that same config 90% if the time! The memory foam mattress makes it fun trying to crawl under there and access the panel.

Just wanted to say I have the same experience. AC runs fine off shore power. (20 amp, not on a 30 amp circuit)
Mine also worked fine off of 20 amp shore power -- which perplexed me for a while. I thought, why would the inverter run the a/c under shore power when, at 20 amps, it isn't getting any more amps than what the generator puts out? Well it's because I wasn't pressing the "Select" button on the overhead panel to 20 amps when plugged in. So the inverter thought it was getting 30
amp shore power, doh!
__________________
David M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 09:13 PM   #46
Rivet Master
 
73shark's Avatar
 
2011 Interstate Coach
Overland Park , Kansas
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,748
Quote:
Originally Posted by David M View Post
Do you remember which charging option you changed it to?
Here's my switch settings which according to my guy talking to Jim P. are the latest settings:

B4-UP, B3-UP, B2-DOWN, B1-DOWN, A4-DOWN, A3-UP, A2-DOWN, A1-UP

The 20/30 amp button on the panel does nothing on my unit.
__________________
Glass half full or half empty to an engineer is the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

PM me for sale info on my 2011. SOLD!
Upfitted Transit 350 sitting in driveway.
73shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 09:19 PM   #47
Rivet Master
 
73shark's Avatar
 
2011 Interstate Coach
Overland Park , Kansas
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,748
Quote:
Originally Posted by David M View Post
Hello jquayle,
Here is my current dip switch settings. In case the picture isn't clear, the positions are (from right to left), up, down, down, up / down, up, up, down. My inverter is a Tripp-Lite RV750ULHW. Thanks,
David


Attachment 190142

Did you really mean "right to left"?
__________________
Glass half full or half empty to an engineer is the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

PM me for sale info on my 2011. SOLD!
Upfitted Transit 350 sitting in driveway.
73shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 11:24 PM   #48
4 Rivet Member
 
David M's Avatar
 
2013 Interstate Coach
Orange County , California
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 277
Quote:
Originally Posted by 73shark View Post

Here's my switch settings which according to my guy talking to Jim P. are the latest settings:

B4-UP, B3-UP, B2-DOWN, B1-DOWN, A4-DOWN, A3-UP, A2-DOWN, A1-UP

The 20/30 amp button on the panel does nothing on my unit.
Yes, I did mean right to left. This is because the manual numbers the dip switches from right to left. My B1 and B2 were also both in the down position as a default, which caused my A/C not to turn on. Flip B2 up and see if this works for you. It did for me
__________________
David M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 12:29 PM   #49
Rivet Master
 
UKDUDE's Avatar
 
2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Sedona , Arizona
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,038
Aaargh!! I'm a complete newbie when it comes to RV electrics, and I'm seriously trying to learn from this thread. However, it doesn't help that my Interstate has a Magnum inverter and Panel, and I can find no references to any of the above in the Magnum literature.
__________________
UKDUDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 07:00 PM   #50
Rivet Master
 
Boxster1971's Avatar

 
2013 Interstate Coach
Fulton , Maryland
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,262
UKDUDE,
I also have a 2013 Interstate with Magnum Inverter/Charger. I have run my AC off the propane generator many times with no issues as being discussed in this thread. My advice I not to worry about this unless you are having problems running AC off the generator. I consider the Magnum a superior unit to the Tripp-Lite. It is a 1000 watt inverter compared to the 750 watt Tripp-Lite.

- - Mike
__________________
Boxster1971 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 07:14 PM   #51
4 Rivet Member
 
Teamaron's Avatar
 
Currently Looking...
2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Boca Raton , Florida
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 308
Is it possible for generator to have trouble with loads when low on propane?
__________________
Teamaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 08:35 PM   #52
Rivet Master
 
73shark's Avatar
 
2011 Interstate Coach
Overland Park , Kansas
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,748
Quote:
Originally Posted by David M View Post
Hello jquayle,
Here is my current dip switch settings. In case the picture isn't clear, the positions are (from right to left), up, down, down, up / down, up, up, down. My inverter is a Tripp-Lite RV750ULHW. Thanks,
David


Attachment 190142

The only one I would change is B4 to UP as the inverter will draw less current and it also will extend the life of the batteries. (according to the Tripp-Lite manual) It also was the change that kept the A/C from tripping off last summer.
__________________
Glass half full or half empty to an engineer is the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

PM me for sale info on my 2011. SOLD!
Upfitted Transit 350 sitting in driveway.
73shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 08:42 PM   #53
Rivet Master
 
73shark's Avatar
 
2011 Interstate Coach
Overland Park , Kansas
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,748
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamaron View Post
Is it possible for generator to have trouble with loads when low on propane?
Possibly when the liquid is gone and just vapor is left. But at that point, I'd guess there's not much fuel left.
__________________
Glass half full or half empty to an engineer is the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

PM me for sale info on my 2011. SOLD!
Upfitted Transit 350 sitting in driveway.
73shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 10:00 PM   #54
4 Rivet Member
 
David M's Avatar
 
2013 Interstate Coach
Orange County , California
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 277
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxster1971 View Post
UKDUDE,
I also have a 2013 Interstate with Magnum Inverter/Charger. I have run my AC off the propane generator many times with no issues as being discussed in this thread. My advice I not to worry about this unless you are having problems running AC off the generator. I consider the Magnum a superior unit to the Tripp-Lite. It is a 1000 watt inverter compared to the 750 watt Tripp-Lite.

- - Mike
Wow, I wish mine came with the Magnum inverter. Then I wouldn't have had to go through this whole ordeal
__________________
David M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 10:06 PM   #55
4 Rivet Member
 
David M's Avatar
 
2013 Interstate Coach
Orange County , California
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 277
Quote:
Originally Posted by 73shark View Post

The only one I would change is B4 to UP as the inverter will draw less current and it also will extend the life of the batteries. (according to the Tripp-Lite manual) It also was the change that kept the A/C from tripping off last summer.
Yeah, I was thinking of the same thing. But the manual makes reference to extending life of smaller batteries. But I would think this applies somewhat to the Lifeline AGMs as well. I don't know enough about it to make an informed decision at this time. I'm sure others here do.
__________________
David M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 09:05 AM   #56
Rivet Master
 
wayneskid's Avatar

 
2010 22' Interstate
Anchorage , Alaska
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 515
Images: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKDUDE View Post
Aaargh!! I'm a complete newbie when it comes to RV electrics, and I'm seriously trying to learn from this thread. However, it doesn't help that my Interstate has a Magnum inverter and Panel, and I can find no references to any of the above in the Magnum literature.
UKDUDE,
You can download the Owner's Manuals and Data Sheets (PDFs) for the various Magnum Inverter/Chargers from their website: Document Library
Just choose your category (PSW or MSW) and select your model.
Wayne
__________________

__________________
- wayne
2010 Interstate 3500 Twin Bed
(2008 Freightliner CRD Sprinter)
AIR #44779
TAC AK-1 !!
wayneskid is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.