Old 01-10-2013, 09:50 PM   #1

2004 22' Interstate
Newbury Park , California
Roof leak on just picked up 2004 Interstate.... Help

I have been reading this forum for a while getting info on used Interstates and finally found a 2004 Interstate front lounge with very low milage. I picked it up this week in FL (I'm from CA) was happily driving my new rig home UNTIL this storm came in and the roof started leaking. I am now held up in a hotel in near Pensacola Fl. The hotel was nice enough to let me park under the valet drive up area, was lucky to find a covered area for the night.

It's dark but I was able to look up on the roof and it seem like the holding tank vent is cracked at the base, and is leaking into the closet area. The other leak seems to be coming from the refrigerator exhaust vent area. It is running down the backside of the overhead bins, pooling in the middle black window frame and dripping down on on seat.

I was driving looking for hotel when the rain came in. I caught it right away and was able to clean up the water.

Any advice would be VERY helpful. I will call some repair places and see how it goes. I want to make sure I am not taken for a ride with the repairs.

Any idea how much it would cost to have the AC/ Fantastic Fan and other items on roof re-calked? How long does it take to dry? I need to get back to CA.....

Thanks in advance... I will update what the outcome is when able.

Old 01-11-2013, 12:17 AM   #2
3 Rivet Member

2004 28' Classic
Midland , Texas
leaking roof

Sorry to hear of your problems, it's bad enough when you are at home but on the road is always worse. I can't advise you on your roof, I'm new to Airstreams also, but from reading the forums the guy to contact might be Andy Rogozinski
Inland RV Center
Corona, CA
He seems to be extremely knowledgeable about all things Airstream and willing to help. Good luck, looks like a lot of stormy weather between you and Calif.

Old 01-11-2013, 09:54 AM   #3
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
If you're in Pensacola, and driving back to California, you'll be passing through Gulfport, MS. Stop in at Foley RV Center, AKA Airstream of Mississippi, and ask them about it. They're less than a mile north of I-10 on US-49 in Gulfport. Because US-49 is divided at that point, you'll have to go just past the dealer and do a U-turn at the next intersection, but there's plenty of room for a U-turn with three lanes in each direction.
WBCCI #1105
TAC LA-4

My Google-Fu is strong today.
Protagonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:16 AM   #4
4 Rivet Member

1998 31' Excella 1000
1979 23' Safari
Mooresville , Indiana
Those cheap plastic vent caps only last about 10 years, I just replaced them on our trailer, they are cheap and used on many brands so you should be able to find replacements at any RV supply store. Buy a tube of sealer and the vent, get a putty knife and a screw driver, and borrow a ladder.

Video on how to do it.
HOW TO: Replace an RV Plumbing Vent - YouTube

They are cheap only $2!
Ventline RV Plumbing Vent Polar White

Damon
Old 01-11-2013, 11:35 AM   #5
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Nowhere , Somewhere
This is a normal maintenance item, you yourself or a dealer can easily fix it. Good. luck. Jim
Old 01-11-2013, 11:50 AM   #6
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Quote:
Originally Posted by cacaodave View Post
I have been reading this forum for a while getting info on used InterstatesÖ
Just noticed this was your first post, even though you've been reading it for a while. Welcome to the AirForums!

WBCCI #1105
TAC LA-4

My Google-Fu is strong today.
Protagonist is offline   Reply With Quote