Old 07-23-2013, 01:09 PM   #57
1 Rivet Member

2013 Interstate Coach
Kaneohe , Hawaii
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protagonist View Post

Anybody out there with the lounge/wardrobe floor plan experiencing the described noises, or just those whose Interstates have the lounge floor plan without the wardrobe closet?
I have the wardrobe and the same noise. I have a thread whirring noise from back that I posted a few months ago. Still no solution found and the wardrobe seems not to make a difference.

Old 07-25-2013, 07:51 AM   #58
3 Rivet Member

1965 17' Caravel
2013 Interstate Coach
Opelika , Alabama
We are back from a trip to NC. Got about 19 mpg up and on the return trip towing a 12x6 Uhaul trailer loaded, maybe 15 mpg. Rear end howl happens at 60 mph when towing so speed independent. Taking Vader to RBM tomorrow to fix a leak in the Maxxfan area and will see if I can drive one of their "lot" vehicles to see if gear howl is of the same intensity. I'm wondering if the axle seal leak I had contributed to the howl?

1965 17' Caravel (R2D2)
hamiltonmj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 08:46 AM   #59
3 Rivet Member

1965 17' Caravel
2013 Interstate Coach
Opelika , Alabama
Back from a maintenance/furniture trip to RBM/Atlanta. They fixed the vent fan leak but the gear howl still exists. They said they drove several of their own Interstates and the gear howl is normal for this model....another Interstate EXT owner was there and in addition to his problems, he had front end shakes at 42 mph...he said he had been to Jackson Center to complain. Could be tires or wheels???

Very Happy with Maint. Advisor (Steve Byrd) and Manisha (Sprinter)...she has showed us a lot of hints.

Getting ready to go on another trip...taking the dogs this time.
1965 17' Caravel (R2D2)
hamiltonmj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 05:23 PM   #60

2013 Interstate Coach
Fort Worth , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by joemikeb View Post
When I get my Interstate back from the body shop the Airstream dealer will still owe me a repair on the back door that occurred before delivery and reattaching the water tank sensors that have taken to falling off.

Sometime this summer, I hope to get my rig back, get the Konis installed, and have the chance to take our baby out on the road again.
It has taken until the end of August for the MB body shop, the Airstream dealer, etc. to finish their work so I could finally get the Konis installed. They are definitely worth the cost! With the Konis the ride is noticeably firmer, more like the ride of my wife's VW GTI with sport suspension. There is a definite thump going over minor road bumps, but noticeably more stable, less side to side sway, and overall much better road handling. The proof of the pudding will come the first time I encounter a 35 mph crosswind, but at this point I am most definitely a happy camper.

ó Navajo saying
joemikeb is offline   Reply With Quote