Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 02-23-2014, 06:34 PM   #1
Rivet Master
 
weirdstuff's Avatar
 
2018 23' International
Currently Looking...
San Diego , California
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 1,070
Recommendations for San Diego area Service place?

Anyone have recommendations for Airstream service in the San Diego area?

So far, we've been dealing with RV Solutions. They're very nice, but the process for getting anything done is painfully slow.

Each time we've been in for something, they look at it, then they say they have to submit the repair to airstream for approval (warranty work), then we wait a couple weeks, then we have to drive back to RV Solutions and leave Fiona there.

It's taking 3-4 weeks to accomplish anything! Is this the way it's supposed to work? Do we have any other choice of repair places? They are the only dealer down here.
__________________

weirdstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 08:33 PM   #2
Rivet Master
 
73shark's Avatar
 
2011 Interstate Coach
Overland Park , Kansas
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,748
According to Bing, they're the only ones in San Diego.
__________________

__________________
Glass half full or half empty to an engineer is the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

PM me for sale info on my 2011. SOLD!
Upfitted Transit 350 sitting in driveway.
73shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 08:41 PM   #3
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer
 
Inland RV Center, In's Avatar
 
Corona , California
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 16,499
Images: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by weirdstuff View Post
Anyone have recommendations for Airstream service in the San Diego area?

So far, we've been dealing with RV Solutions. They're very nice, but the process for getting anything done is painfully slow.

Each time we've been in for something, they look at it, then they say they have to submit the repair to airstream for approval (warranty work), then we wait a couple weeks, then we have to drive back to RV Solutions and leave Fiona there.

It's taking 3-4 weeks to accomplish anything! Is this the way it's supposed to work? Do we have any other choice of repair places? They are the only dealer down here.
A warranty dealer has a basic "blank" authority to take care of minor things.

Major things can usually be authorized by a simple phone call to the factory.

Call the factory and ask for Dave Schumann.

Andy
__________________
Inland RV Center, In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 09:16 PM   #4
Rivet Master
 
weirdstuff's Avatar
 
2018 23' International
Currently Looking...
San Diego , California
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 1,070
Quote:
Originally Posted by 73shark View Post
According to Bing, they're the only ones in San Diego.
Correct. The only other one is in Orange County, 2 hours away, where we bought her. Do not recommend them, at least as far as sales goes.

I guess I was wondering if using a dealer is the only option.
weirdstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 10:28 PM   #5
4 Rivet Member
 
RUMSHIP's Avatar
 
1988 32' Excella
Bonita , California
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 325
Images: 16
For warranty work, dealer is the only option. C&G in bellflower would be the only other place I would recommend but again it's up north. Ever thought of joining the local airstream club in San Diego?
__________________
Happiness only real when shared.
Christopher Johnson McCandless
2/12/68 - 8/18/92
RUMSHIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 12:00 AM   #6
1 Rivet Member
 
Currently Looking...
Irvine , California
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 5
Weirdstuff: Since you mentioned Airstream OC, might I ask what you not like about them - technical expertise, courtesy, dealing tactics, etc? Since I'm in OC, they are the closest dealer to me.

Currently AI is at the top of my list, but I'm still finding out more about them everyday. Thanks to this great forum, I've been taking copious notes though I'm only on page 3 of older posts.

-alex

Quote:
Originally Posted by weirdstuff View Post
Correct. The only other one is in Orange County, 2 hours away, where we bought her. Do not recommend them, at least as far as sales goes.

I guess I was wondering if using a dealer is the only option.
__________________
rent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 09:03 AM   #7
Newbie
 
joemikeb's Avatar
 
2013 Interstate Coach
Fort Worth , Texas
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 289
For what it is worth, that is exactly the experience I have with my dealer. When I call for a service appointment, the first available is four to six weeks out, Airstream approval for warranty repair five to ten working days, receipt of parts from Airstream or Fiama runs another five to ten working days or longer. So from the time I call for a service appointment until I get my AI back repaired and ready to roll a couple of months or longer. The quality of the work is excellent and their prices reasonable but the delay turns my AI into a "shop queen".
__________________
Make errors otherwise the Great Spirit realizes
you have finished your purpose on earth.

Navajo saying
joemikeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 10:02 AM   #8
Rivet Master
 
weirdstuff's Avatar
 
2018 23' International
Currently Looking...
San Diego , California
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 1,070
Everyone, thanks for your input and feedback. Much appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rent View Post
Weirdstuff: Since you mentioned Airstream OC, might I ask what you not like about them - technical expertise, courtesy, dealing tactics, etc? Since I'm in OC, they are the closest dealer to me.

Currently AI is at the top of my list, but I'm still finding out more about them everyday. Thanks to this great forum, I've been taking copious notes though I'm only on page 3 of older posts.

-alex
Alex, I will send you a private message re: AS OC.

We love our AI! No regrets spending the extra money on it, compared to other brand options!
__________________

weirdstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
April Service Center Appointment rperrym On The Road... 52 04-17-2014 01:55 PM
Denver, CO - Service on structural & mechanical denverdingo General Repair Forum 4 08-26-2011 09:26 AM
2011 SERVICE Manual Bob J. Mariano Member Introductions 1 08-25-2011 04:16 PM


Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.