Old 02-28-2016, 07:32 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2015 Interstate Coach
MEDFORD , New Jersey
Pyle Monitor w/rear View camera

i'm having a problem with my Pyle monitor Rear view camera on my recently purchased 2015 Lounge Ext, with 3300 mi. i drove it back from Florida with no problem, just today it started to flash on /off. Seems like a lose connection somewhere.

Has anyone experience this problem?? It did come off the sprinter's rear view mirror and was hanging for a short time.

Old 02-28-2016, 08:11 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2015 Interstate Ext. Coach
San Diego , California
You can check the connection by pulling the light cover off. If it was dangling it is possible to have loosened up but IMO not likely but worth a look. Couple minutes or less.

Old 02-28-2016, 08:25 PM   #3
4 Rivet Member

2011 Interstate Coach
Muskogee , Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by RICKBETTY View Post
i'm having a problem with my Pyle monitor Rear view camera on my recently purchased 2015 Lounge Ext, with 3300 mi. i drove it back from Florida with no problem, just today it started to flash on /off. Seems like a lose connection somewhere.

Has anyone experience this problem?? It did come off the sprinter's rear view mirror and was hanging for a short time.
Better yet, who hasn't?

The problem is likely the fuse holder to the camera which has a weak spring holding it in place. Airstream crams it, along with a rats nest of excess wires, in the area in the upper overhead compartment on the street side inside wall. Stress on the wire makes the connection loose and intermittent. To fix it you you have to remove the side wall with four screws, find the wire which should be found stuffed on the area and just below the floor of the shelf, and secure the connection. While at it also check the connections to the monitor above the overhead map light holder.
Old 02-28-2016, 08:27 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2011 Interstate Coach
Overland Park , Kansas
The Pyle has had a checkered history. Mine quit completely after about two years. Others have found a loose connection that Ron and gmiller referred to.

PM me for sale info on my 2011. SOLD!
Upfitted Transit 350 sitting in driveway.
73shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 10:04 AM   #5
Rivet Master

2013 Interstate Coach
Fulton , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmillerok1 View Post
Better yet, who hasn't? ....

I haven't had any issues with the Pyle display in over three years of use. Must just be luck?

- - Mike
2013 Lounge EXT on 2012 Sprinter
Boxster1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 03:28 PM   #6
1 Rivet Member

2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Las Cruces , New Mexico
I replaced the OE within the first year of ownership. Same problems, but it was the unit and not any wire connection issues. As I live some six hours away from the dealer from whom the AI was purchased, I went on Amazon and found the unit on line for a very reasonable price. The next time I was in Scottsdale, AZ, went to the dealer and received a replacement for the original. I now have a back up.
Old 02-29-2016, 03:50 PM   #7
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
League City , Texas
The Pyle was mentioned over a year ago, and not completely favorably, when we were putting in our rear and side camera system (our rig was born without any cameras). I don't yet have a concise blog post with full sourcing information for that project, but for those contemplating replacing their OEM component(s), here is that thread. I love the system we put in - huge monitor, easy visibility, image flips right and left when the turn signal is actuated, and no malfunctions (knock wood).
Old 02-29-2016, 08:32 PM   #8
3 Rivet Member

2011 Interstate Coach
Evansville , Indiana
Since this thread is located in the same neighborhood, I have a question about the overhead map light console just above the rear cam monitor in our 2011 AI. There is a 2" x 5" plastic panel that looks like it is a blank cover for some type of Sprinter option. Any ideas what could go there?
Old 02-29-2016, 09:46 PM   #9
Rivet Master

2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Sedona , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurntAsphalt View Post
Since this thread is located in the same neighborhood, I have a question about the overhead map light console just above the rear cam monitor in our 2011 AI. There is a 2" x 5" plastic panel that looks like it is a blank cover for some type of Sprinter option. Any ideas what could go there?
I know a couple of folks who have installed a TPMS monitor there. Theirs went in quite neatly.
Old 03-01-2016, 11:34 AM   #10
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKDUDE View Post
I know a couple of folks who have installed a TPMS monitor there. Theirs went in quite neatly.
It's exactly the right size for any 1DIN car electronics, such as a CB radio. And there is a 12v prewire behind the pop-off panel as well. The wires are very small-gauge and so might have to be replaced with something more substantial, but they're there.
WBCCI #1105
TAC LA-4

My Google-Fu is strong today.
Protagonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 04:57 PM   #11
2 Rivet Member

2013 Interstate Coach
Yarnell , Arizona
Our camera has a connection problem at the camera. Moving it around to make connection and then making sure it wasn't disturbed has fixed it for now.