Old 11-21-2013, 08:53 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Ocean City , Maryland
Privacy Shade for Sprinter

Has anyone tried the Sprinter Remi Shade Privacy Kit? Lots of money, look like a good investment. Thanks in advance.

Old 11-21-2013, 09:14 PM   #2
Rivet Master

Sedona , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeandMB View Post
Has anyone tried the Sprinter Remi Shade Privacy Kit? Lots of money, look like a good investment. Thanks in advance.
No, but having camped last weekend with a group of Interstate owners, one of whom had the latest 2014.5 model, I see that model is supplied with with cab shades identical to those supplied by Outsidevan:
Outsideparts Sun Shades - Outside Vans
Airstream logo on it though. And this is in lieu of those dreadful cab curtains.

Old 11-22-2013, 04:17 AM   #3
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeandMB View Post
When I test-drove a Winnebago ERA, before deciding on my Interstate, it had Remi shades, or something very similar, already installed, at least on the windshield. They seemed kind of fragile. In fact, one was already torn, apparently because it jammed in its track and someone forced it. I don't remember if the Winnebago had them on the roll-up windows.

Due to that apparent fragility, I wouldn't have them on my Interstate, but that's just me.
WBCCI #1105
TAC LA-4

My Google-Fu is strong today.
Protagonist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 02:25 PM   #4
3 Rivet Member

2013 Interstate Coach
Flemington , New Jersey
I just ordered the privacy curtain shown in the link below. Used the E450 version in my old Winnebago and absolutely loved it. Super dark, flexible easy set up and removal. Uses the sun shades and flaps held in place by the side windows to keep them in place.

Took me a while to actually track down the company again and when I did, their outdated website did not show anything further than applications for anything other then the ford van, peter built, freight liner or ken worth semi trucks.

I called them and asked if they by chance had a current model sprinter version.

Turns out they do. $89.95

I expect a box early next week and will post pix.

Easy Living Industries
Tiato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 08:39 PM   #5
2 Rivet Member

Ocean City , Maryland
Thanks for the input and based upon given advise and further research I, purchased a set of shades from Outsideparts Shades.

Joe
Old 11-23-2013, 07:21 AM   #6
Rivet Master

2011 Interstate Coach
Overland Park , Kansas
The Outside Parts ones look very much like the Heat Shield ones I got for about $80. They fit very well and reflect the sun well.

PM me for sale info on my 2011. SOLD!
Upfitted Transit 350 sitting in driveway.
73shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 02:43 PM   #7
Rivet Master

2014 Interstate Coach
Arroyo Grande & Central Point , California & Oregon
Mario, do your Easy Curtains seal out light pretty well?
Thanks,
Bill
Old 11-27-2013, 03:20 PM   #8
Rivet Master

2011 Interstate Coach
Overland Park , Kansas
FWIW, Heatshield has a 10% off on Nov 29 - Dec 1 using the promo code BLKFRI @ www.heatshieldstore.com .

PM me for sale info on my 2011. SOLD!
Upfitted Transit 350 sitting in driveway.
73shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 06:53 PM   #9
4 Rivet Member

2013 Interstate Coach
Orange County , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by 73shark View Post
FWIW, Heatshield has a 10% off on Nov 29 - Dec 1 using the promo code BLKFRI @ www.heatshieldstore.com .
I just received a set of these Heatshield shades, and I'm going to return them. You have to roll it up as opposed to folding it so it's really clumsy and time consuming to the point I probably won't use them (remember, my Interstate is a daily driver). Too bad because it looks like it will insulate pretty well.
David
Old 12-01-2013, 09:38 AM   #10
3 Rivet Member

2013 Interstate Coach
Flemington , New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by c21bill View Post
Mario, do your Easy Curtains seal out light pretty well?
Thanks,
Bill
Hi Bill,

I have not received my curtains for the interstate yet. However, looking back at my experience with this product as used on my Winnebago Class C, nothing came through the windshield area. Some light came though the little gap left at the rear of the door window frame and a little bit at the bottom of the door window.

I will post some pix as soon as I receive the version for the Sprinter.
Old 12-02-2013, 02:11 PM   #11
3 Rivet Member

2013 Interstate Coach
Flemington , New Jersey
I received the Easy Curtain blackout shade today. From bag to window, less than 5 minutes and that included attaching the side curtains to the main windshield panel.

Simple to use, easy set up (less than 3 min.) and easy to stow away and lightyears better than the supplied Mercedes shade.

Does it block 100% of all outside light. No, but close enough. See below.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_00000097.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	150.6 KB
ID:	201093   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_00000098.jpg
Views:	256
Size:	172.3 KB
ID:	201094  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_00000099.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	245.2 KB
ID:	201095   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_00000100.jpg
Views:	307
Size:	239.2 KB
ID:	201096  

Old 12-25-2013, 12:56 PM   #12
Rivet Master

2014 Interstate Coach
Arroyo Grande & Central Point , California & Oregon
Thanks for the feedback Mario and for taking the time to post photos. I just received my Easy Curtains and you are right, they go on very easily and store in a small space. I sent the foil curtains (which didn't fit properly) back to Upscale Auto. They did try to get the fit problem fixed for me but when the 2nd side screen also didn't fit, I gave up. Upscale was very cooperative about returning for refund. I have bought many other products from them in the past and they are a solid company. The easy curtains won't have the same insulating properties as the foil type screens but I my case, I store my AI under my carport and only use the screens overnight when on the road. $89 + shipping is a great deal for these.
Old 01-16-2014, 02:59 PM   #13
4 Rivet Member

2013 Interstate Coach
Townsend , Tennessee
Just had a pleasant conversation with my dealer's Service Mgr. The first time I went to use the privacy curain that came with my 2013 Interstate...the elastic loops literally fell out of the plastic connector with the curtain (both of them). I happened to have 2 heavy rubberbands and quickly snapped them in place. Worked fine....and I forgot about it.
Later, when I received my new customer survey in the mail from Airstream, I remembered the "flimsy" loops and commented about them. It really was no big deal, especially since the rubberbands worked so well. Now if I had not had the bands....I probably would've been more active in getting it taken care of.
Well....today I get a call from the dealer asking about my problem with the privacy curtain.....it seems Airstream really did review the survey (and quickly I might add) and contacted my dealer about my issue. I know I should've done the courteous thing and told them about it when it happened....I really should have. It was not that big of a deal and it slipped my mind. Long story short....my dealer (Chilhowee RV) has a new one on the way. I had heard these guys were good to work with, and I must agree.
Old 01-16-2014, 03:28 PM   #14
Rivet Master

Sedona , Arizona
Not only did the elastic loops come apart, but the stuck on velcro pads would come off with just the slightest heat.
I replaced mine with a set of shades from Outsideparts. My local dealer told me the latest Interstates now have shades that are very similar.