Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-23-2015, 08:02 AM   #1
Norm

2010 23' Flying Cloud
2011 Avenue Coach
Lubbock , Texas
Privacy Screen

Has anyone purchased the ADCO privacy screen for a 2014 Interstate EXT?
The screens supplied by AS are very cumbersome to use.

Norm
norm37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 08:24 AM   #2
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
The one I use wasn't made by ADCO, but it's similar; I purchased it from either Eurocampers or the Sprinter Store; I can't remember which. I use it all the time for camping. The one I have is plain white canvas, machine washable so I can throw it in the washer when I get home (wash in cold only— it shrinks).

But for storage, a cover that goes on the outside of the windshield is no good; vile miscreants who want to see what goodies are on board can easily pull away the cover to look inside. So I also have a set of quilted Outside Van covers for the inside of the windshield and front windows, silvered on the outside, that I use for storage.

In the heat of summer, especially when I don't have enough shade, I use both covers, canvas outside and quilted inside, to minimize heat transfer through the big greenhouse windshield.
Old 07-24-2015, 06:51 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
League City , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protagonist View Post

In the heat of summer, especially when I don't have enough shade, I use both covers, canvas outside and quilted inside, to minimize heat transfer through the big greenhouse windshield.
I do the same thing when boondocking in winter, and the dual use makes a huge difference in heat retention. I bought the Heatshield brand inner windshield sun shade plus the individual side window reflectors (they stick on with suction cups) for my model of Sprinter, plus the reflective exterior cover that wraps around the side windows. The windshield reflector is rolled up and suspended from my cab ceiling while not in use. The side window reflectors are stored in an artist's portfolio that I stash behind the driver's seat.
InterBlog is offline   Reply With Quote