Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Sprinter and B-van Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-10-2017, 02:18 PM   #1
c21
Rivet Master

2014 Interstate Coach
Arroyo Grande & Central Point , California & Oregon
Privacy Curtain

I just finished installing these custom privacy curtains. They mount on plastic curtain track which Is located so it doesn't reduce head room. The curtains attach to the sides of coach with velcro and have velcro closures. They can hang either behind the front seats or drape in front of the seat backs. About 5 seconds to deploy. I still carry the regular window curtains if I want to close up the cab area.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	curtains 2.jpg
Views:	328
Size:	170.7 KB
ID:	281151   Click image for larger version

Name:	curtains 1.jpg
Views:	291
Size:	174.0 KB
ID:	281152  

c21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 02:40 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Very nice!

Maggie
Old 03-10-2017, 02:52 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Tampa , Florida
Great idea!
I often thought of something similar on my 40' MH, not for privacy but to make the dashboard air more efficient on hot days of driving.
Mollysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 05:32 PM   #4
3 Rivet Member

2014 Interstate Coach
Centre County , Pennsylvania
Nice! I like the headroom you preserve with the plastic curtain track. Where did you find the track?
Lineolated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 06:10 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
League City , Texas
Very nice job. The newer Interstates make that kind of mod an easier deal because there is a drop-down in the header. The T1N series just has the curved cab liner, so there is no way to easily mount a track of any kind. I initially toyed with the idea of developing something, concluded it would be more trouble than it was worth, and dropped it. But then I noted James's and Stefany's observation that the right curtain helps tremendously with heating the Class B in very cold weather, because so much heat is lost through the cab. So I may go back and design something someday.
InterBlog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 09:34 PM   #6
c21
Rivet Master

2014 Interstate Coach
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lineolated View Post
Nice! I like the headroom you preserve with the plastic curtain track. Where did you find the track?
Found it on Amazon listed as follows. RV Designer A502 Wall Mount Glide Tape Kit. I also found the black out curtain material on Amazon listed as: Eroica Blackout Drapery Fabric Black. This came in 54" width and ordered two yards. I split it in half lengthwise and cut 4" off the bottoms to make the tie backs with stainless steel rings that I found on Ebay. Curtains wound up being 36 x 50 less the hems.

The glide tape sews onto the fabric. You will need sew on velcro for the fabric and sticky back for the plastic jambs on your rv.

Thankfully my wife is an excellent seamstress and did all the sewing for me.
Old 03-11-2017, 04:42 PM   #7
c21
Rivet Master

2014 Interstate Coach
Quote:
Originally Posted by InterBlog View Post
Very nice job. The newer Interstates make that kind of mod an easier deal because there is a drop-down in the header. The T1N series just has the curved cab liner, so there is no way to easily mount a track of any kind. I initially toyed with the idea of developing something, concluded it would be more trouble than it was worth, and dropped it. But then I noted James's and Stefany's observation that the right curtain helps tremendously with heating the Class B in very cold weather, because so much heat is lost through the cab. So I may go back and design something someday.
You might consider a cable system such as:

Umbra Stream 108-Inch Cable Rod System or something similiar. These would fit to a curved surface.
Old 08-11-2017, 10:57 AM   #8
1 Rivet Member

2013 Interstate Coach
Greenville , South Carolina
replacements for original curtains for 2013 Interstate EXT

Quote:
Originally Posted by c21bill View Post
I just finished installing these custom privacy curtains. They mount on plastic curtain track which Is located so it doesn't reduce head room. The curtains attach to the sides of coach with velcro and have velcro closures. They can hang either behind the front seats or drape in front of the seat backs. About 5 seconds to deploy. I still carry the regular window curtains if I want to close up the cab area.
Our 2013, bought used, did not come with the privacy curtains. Does anyone know a place to order these. I found some of the silver products used for protecting dashboards, and made for front, front sides, and sliding door windows that will do, but they are bulky. Have not been able to find a source for original type.
2forhighways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 05:50 AM   #9
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Mont Vernon , New Hampshire
Try the mothership. My dealer was able to get replacement curtains made for my 2007 three years ago at Jackson Center. Worked out great.
bugsbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 06:04 AM   #10
Rivet Master

2013 Interstate Coach
Waterloo , Iowa
Neat idea. I especially like the triple function - privacy, cab climate control while driving, coach climate control while parked. I envision the mini curtain hooks and track like used in the AI shower.
Titus is offline   Reply With Quote