Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Sprinter and B-van Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-13-2017, 04:26 PM   #21
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Las vegas , Washington
The Nada prices online are retail prices. Nada also has wholesale prices which are available to dealers. I have found that in general the wholesale prices tend to be around $10k less than the retail price. I would start there as that should be close proxy to dealer cost. They won't be shy about letting you know if that's off base.

Also depends on time of year. If you're looking for a new one and not in a hurry I would shop in December when the dealers are looking to clear out the current model year when new model years are available. Last year I heard vehicles with $170k msrp selling around $120-130k. Good luck.
elgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 07:54 PM   #22
Rivet Master

2015 Interstate Ext. Coach
San Diego , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by fourjean View Post
We just purchased a 2018 Interstate Grand Tour. Spoke with 4 dealers to get the best price. At about 30% less than the listing price, we believe we got a good price.
No, an UN-Believeable price.
Ron_CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 01:23 PM   #23
1 Rivet Member

Swanton , Vermont
Can you share who your dealer was?

Quote:
We just purchased a 2018 Interstate Grand Tour. Spoke with 4 dealers to get the best price. At about 30% less than the listing price, we believe we got a good price.
I have not found anyone that aggressive.

I would love to get you a referral bonus!!

thanks
Mardawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 01:28 AM   #24
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Las vegas , Washington
Another factor to consider is that depending on which state you live in, buying used from a dealer versus private party may easily add many thousands to the purchase price thanks to sales tax on vehicles purchased from dealers (some states like CA don't discriminate and collect in all cases). This might make shopping out of state worthwhile to find a suitable private party unit. Also, this is not a price discount comment per se but if you happen to find a good unit on eBay you will get additional benefit of their Vehicle Purchase Protection plan. I've known people who buy cars on eBay that fall apart within a week due to undisclosed defects and they received full refund from eBay. That additional comfort is worth something. Good luck.
elgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 01:09 PM   #25
4 Rivet Member

Columbus , Ohio
Selling ur 17 GT?

Are you planning on selling your GT or trading it in?

Feel free to PM me if you wish!

Thanks!

Mark
Old 08-23-2017, 09:58 AM   #26
1 Rivet Member

Swanton , Vermont
Just pulled the trigger

2018 Grand Tour Ext with additional seat and Air Ride

MSRP from the Airstream build your own site = $ 175,898
Out the door price including full propane, full diesel, water hose, all doc fees, dealer fees all everything, excluding tax - $140,330

79.77919021250952% give or take...

8 - 10 weeks delivery.

YEEHAW!!
Mardawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 10:08 AM   #27
Rivet Master

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Tampa , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by elgo View Post
Another factor to consider is that depending on which state you live in, buying used from a dealer versus private party may easily add many thousands to the purchase price thanks to sales tax on vehicles purchased from dealers
I can't speak for every state but in Florida, if you buy from an individual, the sales tax is collected when you go to register it.
There's no escaping the sales tax.

If you have a trade-in with a dealer, you only pay sales tax on the difference. However, this is more than offset by the lousy deal the dealer gives you on a trade.
Mollysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 11:30 AM   #28
Rivet Master

2016 27' Flying Cloud
Olympia , Washington
When my sweetie fell in love with the new AS 33 Classic, I began shopping for one, and found a dealer in Florida who quoted me $120K cash (MSRP is close to $160K). I asked them if they'd take my 2016 FC 27 FB in on trade. "Yes," they said, but at around $45K (ie, NADA wholesale) against a current value of approx. $65K. At that point, it would pay me to sell it myself & pay 10% WA sales tax on the full purchase price --- instead of paying sales tax on the difference between purchase price and trade-in value. Bottom line: I'm keeping the 27 --- it's paid for.
RIP "BigDog": M Harlequin Great Dane, 150 lb
"St. Rocco": M Black Great Dane, 150 lb
Rgentum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 05:31 AM   #29
3 Rivet Member

2015 27' FB International
Wheatley , Ontario
Quote:

30%? Wow, please share the dealership...
lovetokite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 10:20 PM   #30
4 Rivet Member

2020 27' Globetrotter
2019 Interstate Lounge Ext
Jackson Hole - Tetons , Wyoming
Price paid vs asking price

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron_CA View Post
No, an UN-Believeable price.

Thank you Ron.

We've owned 4, in four years and 30% isn't happening. Unless, of course, the "list" price was over-inflated from the onset.

We have another new unit due to be delivered in November, which is a 2018 4x4 lounge in Black once again.
ScottP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 07:59 AM   #31
Rivet Master

2017 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Houston , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottP View Post
Thank you Ron.

We've owned 4, in four years and 30% isn't happening. Unless, of course, the "list" price was over-inflated from the onset.
When I asked for the first quote from Holiday World in Houston on a factory-order 2017 GT with air ride etc, they gave a "list" price of $199,147, and an offer price of $149,146, for *presto* a discount of 25% without even asking. Is that a great deal, or what! I pointed out that on the web configurator, Airstream states a list price of about $167,000, so please explain $199,147. The response was "Oh don't pay any attention to that number; here's what we will do for you." After that, I always counted my fingers after shaking hands.

I wound up paying about 142,000 for a real discount of 15%. I think this was a realistic price, confirmed by negotiating with another dealer in another Texas city. I probably could have saved more by looking farther afield, but convenience counts.
TayaraTravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 06:58 PM   #32
2 Rivet Member

2015 Interstate Coach
MEDFORD , New Jersey
new 17% to 20% off list.. Preowned, factors unknown due to what the dealers owns the unit for.... research see what other similar preowned units are priced .. Start low, always negotiate UP not DOWN from asking price. example asking 118k offer $98.. dealers have big margins 20k plus in these units, especially preowned. Don't be shy.. Good Luck
RICKBETTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 04:58 AM   #33
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
League City , Texas
This thread is mostly for new Interstate haggling, but I couldn't find a better one for posting this info, so here you are.

Apparently PPL (massive Texas RV reseller) publishes its "sold" prices for transactions in the past year or so (obviously there's a posting lag). Someone distilled their info for the benefit of Class B Forum. I took their distillation, and further extracted just the Airstream data, which is shown below. If anyone is doing used Interstate shopping and wants a copy of my spreadsheet (the links are live), feel free to PM me.

InterBlog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 10:49 AM   #34
2 Rivet Member

2017 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Midwest city , Oklahoma
not knowing your budget...I would be looking for a 2017 unit...major upgrades from 16 to 17 and not a lot of difference in cost...good luck!
Tstidstfm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 02:09 PM   #35
2 Rivet Member

Saint Louis , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXPaulie View Post
Whether buying a boat or RV, I've always used the online NADA guide. You can select which at the top of the following page:

http://www.nadaguides.com/
NADA on Interstates is actually alot higher than market price according to my purchase in November last year. The NADA on mine was $36000 higher than what I paid. This was confirmed by USAA, because they used the NADA as the "appraisal value". So my point is don't use the NADA or you will over pay. I paid 10% less than asking on my used 2015 EXT. That was also in the off season.