Old 11-13-2014, 07:03 PM   #15
Rivet Master
2011 Interstate Coach
Overland Park , Kansas
Originally Posted by Protagonist View Post
I don't think he would have a choice, because if it wasn't sale-ready (failed the inspection) then he has misrepresented it, and that's grounds for fraud charges.
I thought what the OP was implying was that the dealer would just walk away from the deal in spite, not out of concern for selling a bad unit. But then my interpretation could be wrong.

Glass half full or half empty to an engineer is simply a glass that was over designed.

PM me for sale info on my 2011. SOLD!
73shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 07:38 AM   #16
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
League City , Texas
Originally Posted by overlander63 View Post
... Pay attention, you WILL be tested at the end. ... Not every dealership is this thorough, but I believe the extra time at the beginning helps minimize rookie mistakes, and less time spent by the service department after the sale correcting the consequences of those mistakes.
Point of both humor and perspective on this issue of learning curve... when we bought our AI in late September, we were amazed at how much there was to learn and (most importantly) how non-intuitive a lot of it was. Quite quickly, I gave up on trying to RTFM and trying to memorize everything and I simply resorted to a Sharpie and masking tape.

I thought maybe this was over-the-top dorky until, in speaking with a friend whose humongous Class A was about four times the cost of our Interstate, she said she keeps a home-made laminated punch list of reminders next to her steering wheel.

She paid much more for her RV than we paid for our house, and yet nobody makes this process the slightest bit easier. Whether by tape or by strategically-placed notes, a lot of us need to compensate for this ourselves. Pity they can't make the vehicles naturally more ergonomic, but of course we have competing interests. Their goal is to sell RVs and to cover their butts in the process. Our goal is to actually operate them.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20141114_RV_LABEL_MEME.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	90.8 KB
ID:	226481  

InterBlog is offline   Reply With Quote