Old 05-14-2016, 09:35 PM   #15
2 Rivet Member

2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Seattle , Washington
For the twin bed model we got two bed pillows and all the sheets and pillow cases with it. It also came with four nice throw pillows and mattress covers. We just showed up with our sleeping bags, because they don't come with blankets. The sleeping bags, and pillows provided, were fine for getting us home.

Old 05-14-2016, 09:41 PM   #16
Rivet Master

Bellevue , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToWander View Post
For the twin bed model we got two bed pillows and all the sheets and pillow cases with it. It also came with four nice throw pillows and mattress covers. We just showed up with our sleeping bags, because they don't come with blankets. The sleeping bags, and pillows provided, were fine for getting us home.
Excellent. That is the model we are getting.

Off-topic but where do you purchase additional linens for the beds? They seem odd sized at 24 inches or so.

Old 05-14-2016, 09:55 PM   #17
3 Rivet Member

2011 Interstate Coach
Evansville , Indiana
Batteries, Batteries, Batteries

Even with newer models, the batteries may have been abused while sitting around on a lot somewhere. If I was buying one again (new or used) , I would seriously consider negotiating new batteries as part of the deal.
Also, hook it up to city water to see if the plumbing holds up.
Congratulations on your purchase. You will love it, especially if you splurged for the air ride suspension.
Old 05-14-2016, 10:32 PM   #18
Airstreamer In Training

2014 30' Flying Cloud
Tampa , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by amirm View Post

Off-topic but where do you purchase additional linens for the beds? They seem odd sized at 24 inches or so.
I got mine from here.

http://www.ablifestyles.net/
2014 Airstream Flying Cloud 30 Recliner - WBCCI #4850 - AIR #110821
2013 Cadillac Escalade Tow Vehicle, Equal-i-zer Hitch
Visit Our Flying Cloud blog for my latest adventure!
FCStreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 06:15 AM   #19
4 Rivet Member

Houston , Texas
My wife and I got the Superbag and are extremely happy with the purchase.

https://www.rvsuperbag.com/

Check the bathroom vent fan. Airstream fabricates a spacer between the fan and the bezel attached to the bathroom ceiling. If this is not centered properly, the fan can be difficult to open/close and eventually the plastic handle will break (as did mine).
Old 05-15-2016, 07:25 AM   #20
2 Rivet Member

Auburn , Georgia
LoveToWander, I had the faucet come off also, I had just got out of the shower and put clean clothes on. I got another unexpected shower and had to change again. I tightened the faucet with a wrench to make sure there were no more surprises.

amirm, I got a three page predelivery inspection sheet from the dealer. It covered all the systems to make sure everything was working. It is like overload of the sense's trying to take in operation of all the stuff at one time. You being an electrical guy makes you want to check all power outlets. I pulled the ceiling grille off the A/C unit to see if it had a filter being a retired HVAC guy. I had one issue with the sliding door not closing all the way everytime at the top. I figured out there was a plastic spacer at the top rear that was adjusted out to far. It would seem that for the price of the Airstream everything should be perfect. NOT

Happy Camping !!
Old 05-15-2016, 08:45 AM   #21
4 Rivet Member

Houston , Texas
On other thing. For the electric shades, make sure all the electrical connections and programming switches (dangling behinds the shades) are adequately secured and away from the travel of the shades/blinds. If they get caught by the shade/blind odds are they will get ripped apart. This happened to me and I know at least one other owner. These are not easy to get to repair so is they look questionable at all, ask them to secure them further away from the shade/blind movement of travel.

As an EE, I suspect you will quickly discover the existing Solar and Battery capacity is totally inadequate for any boondocking. Energy management is important. THis may be a repeat, but here are some threads you should look over:

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f240...aw-144101.html

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f240...ur-136062.html
Old 05-15-2016, 11:37 AM   #22
Rivet Master

Bellevue , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcrider View Post
On other thing. For the electric shades, make sure all the electrical connections and programming switches (dangling behinds the shades) are adequately secured and away from the travel of the shades/blinds. If they get caught by the shade/blind odds are they will get ripped apart. This happened to me and I know at least one other owner. These are not easy to get to repair so is they look questionable at all, ask them to secure them further away from the shade/blind movement of travel.

As an EE, I suspect you will quickly discover the existing Solar and Battery capacity is totally inadequate for any boondocking. Energy management is important. THis may be a repeat, but here are some threads you should look over:

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f240...aw-144101.html

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f240...ur-136062.html
Thanks and yes indeed. I am in the process of converting my Polaris EV to Lithium batteries. Hate lead acids. And hate even more lack of capacity .

I wish Airstream would give us credit and delete these options and let us put the right systems in there. I already have 8 batteries out of my Polaris. Will have two more from the AS if I do the conversion!

Still, fun to think of making these improvements .
Old 05-15-2016, 11:37 AM   #23
2 Rivet Member

Seattle , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by amirm View Post

I think you can get them through your dealership since they are an Airstream product. Also you may want to look at getting some covers for the four side bolsters. We are getting ours at Calico Corners on Bellevue Way. They can even match the fabric on all the pillows. And the prices aren't as ridiculous as they could be.
Old 05-15-2016, 11:39 AM   #24
Rivet Master

Bellevue , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by FCStreamer View Post
I got mine from here.

http://www.ablifestyles.net/
Quote:

Check the bathroom vent fan. Airstream fabricates a spacer between the fan and the bezel attached to the bathroom ceiling. If this is not centered properly, the fan can be difficult to open/close and eventually the plastic handle will break (as did mine).
Most excellent. And thanks for the note on the fan. Would have never thought to check for these things.

Really, you guys are so nice and helpful to a new member who has not yet paid his dues to contribute to the forum! Thank you so much. You are also helping relieve the semi-buyer's remorse I have every morning to pay so much for this vehicle! A great bonus of this thread .
Old 05-15-2016, 11:40 AM   #25
Rivet Master

2013 Interstate Coach
Fulton , Maryland
Quote:

I converted my lounge model to a twin bed layout and also use twin sized RV superbags. They are a bit pricey but work great.

- - Mike
2013 Lounge EXT on 2012 Sprinter
Boxster1971 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 11:56 AM   #26
Rivet Master

2011 Interstate Coach
Overland Park , Kansas
Check the back flushing of the black water tank as mine had the check valve installed backwards. It's easy to do. Just connect a hose to it and turn on the water and then go inside and hold the flush valve to the toilet open and you should hear water come in thru the flush tube in the tank. Obviously you don't want to do this for an extended period of time and overflow the tank.

While in that area, check that the LEDs lite on the black and gray water valves when open. Mine never did and didn't notice 'til out of warranty. Never felt the need so haven't figured out what happened.

I would have the house batteries load checked to verify that they are still good. As others have said, sometimes these units sit for periods of time in the wrong electrical configuration and depleted the AGM batteries which is harmful to them.

/\ /\ /\ Edit: See now that you are replacing the AGMs.

Have them demonstrate the awning and its auto-retract function. Also start the engine w/ the power step extended to ensure that it retracts.

Have them do a front end alignment as it will change due to all of the weight that Airstream adds in the conversion. Drive the rig at different speeds, especially highway speeds, to determine if there are any vibrations.

Good luck w/ your new rig.

PM me for sale info on my 2011. SOLD!
Upfitted Transit 350 sitting in driveway.
73shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 12:06 PM   #27
Rivet Master

Bellevue , Washington
Thank you much 73shark. Will do!
Old 05-15-2016, 07:55 PM   #28
Ralph & Shin

2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Frederick , Maryland
A lot of good advice here, wished I'd have asked the same question before we bought ours . Something that I discovered over a year after buying ours, was a rubber gasket missing from the channel of one of the windows that open. I only discovered it when I was going around the coach giving the windows that opened a thorough cleaning on the underside. When closing the window I noticed the slight sound of glass closing against metal, just didn't sound right; upon a closer look I could see the entire length of the channel was empty. After a call to Airstream the part was installed under warranty.
Good luck and happy trails!

WBCCI #6954

Rsknutson is offline   Reply With Quote