2 Rivet Member

2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Clifton , Virginia
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAirstream Forums1475496470.597570.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	108.0 KB
ID:	272760
Seven Points Park near Nashville, Tennessee.

Old 10-03-2016, 03:36 PM   #268
4 Rivet Member

2013 Interstate Coach
Townsend , Tennessee

Name:   ImageUploadedByAirstream Forums1475526942.573076.jpg
Views: 287
Size:  117.3 KB

Loading up for the run home...bummer!

Old 10-09-2016, 04:45 PM   #269
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
League City , Texas
Sam Houston National Forest. If we ever have a greater Houston Interstate owners get-together, this'd be a great place for it. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAirstream Forums1476049467.544310.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	109.3 KB
ID:	273268
Old 10-09-2016, 08:45 PM   #270
Rivet Master

2013 Interstate Coach
Fulton , Maryland
Last week at Smugglers Notch in Vermont mountains.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	ARCH4054lr.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	419.8 KB
ID:	273279  
Old 10-09-2016, 10:13 PM   #271
2 Rivet Member

St Augustine , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by InterBlog View Post
Sam Houston National Forest. If we ever have a greater Houston Interstate owners get-together, this'd be a great place for it. Attachment 273268

If you haven't tried Huntsville and double lake recreation areas in that area they are awesome as well
Old 10-09-2016, 10:14 PM   #272
2 Rivet Member

St Augustine , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxster1971 View Post
Last week at Smugglers Notch in Vermont mountains.

I'm jealous
Old 10-10-2016, 09:03 AM   #273
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
League City , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotStock View Post
If you haven't tried Huntsville and double lake recreation areas in that area they are awesome as well

I have a roster of isolated parks (such as Double Lake) that I save for AFTER deer season starts. One can still access national forest lands during deer season but I often deem it an unnecessary risk.
Old 10-10-2016, 11:52 PM   #274
2 Rivet Member

St Augustine , Florida
Quote:
I have a roster of isolated parks (such as Double Lake) that I save for AFTER deer season starts. One can still access national forest lands during deer season but I often deem it an unnecessary risk.

Double lake doesn't allow hunting it is part of the Sam Houston National forest
Old 10-11-2016, 12:39 AM   #275
3 Rivet Member

2017 Interstate Lounge Ext
Northern , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotStock View Post
Double lake doesn't allow hunting it is part of the Sam Houston National forest
Don't run around the lake with sticks tied to your head.....

"Hunting - The entire Sam Houston National Forest is designated as a wildlife management area through a cooperative agreement between Texas Parks and Wildlife Department and the U.S. Forest Service. This special designation provides benefits to those who use the Sam Houston National Forest, including hunters, and to the wildlife that live or forage there. Extra fees paid by hunters who use wildlife management areas are collected by Texas Parks and Wildlife Department and are returned to the Forest Service for use in those areas. These funds pay for a variety of programs to improve wildlife habitat and other enhancement programs such as wild turkey restoration, creation of wildlife openings and additional law enforcement. They can also be used to gather and analyze data to improve wildlife habitat. Those who wish to hunt deer or small game in the Sam Houston National Forest must purchase the appropriate wildlife management area hunting permit available where state hunting license are sold. Hunters and those who accompany them must wear hunter orange while hunting with a firearm in the Sam Houston National Forest. Hunters and fishermen are required to have a Texas license and follow State regulations."
Old 10-11-2016, 08:01 AM   #276
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
League City , Texas
There are isolated pockets where deer hunting is not allowed. Other greater Houston parks, such as Lake Houston Park (5,000 acres, the former Lake Houston State Park before it was divested), close to the public for only a few days during deer season and let the hunters in exclusively, for just those specific days. The trick is to know what's allowed where and when, and to plan accordingly.

In previous years I've gone hiking in the main parts of Sam Houston during deer season, not because I wanted it but because I went with a friend who wanted to do it, and it's just not fun. Even if one is clothed from head to toe in hunter orange such that getting shot is not as likely, there's still the issue of guns roaring all around the place. It's just not pleasant or relaxing.
Old 10-11-2016, 06:38 PM   #277
Rivet Master

2013 Interstate Coach
Fulton , Maryland
Quote:
There are isolated pockets where deer hunting is not allowed. Other greater Houston parks, such as Lake Houston Park (5,000 acres, the former Lake Houston State Park before it was divested), close to the public for only a few days during deer season and let the hunters in exclusively, for just those specific days. The trick is to know what's allowed where and when, and to plan accordingly.

In previous years I've gone hiking in the main parts of Sam Houston during deer season, not because I wanted it but because I went with a friend who wanted to do it, and it's just not fun. Even if one is clothed from head to toe in hunter orange such that getting shot is not as likely, there's still the issue of guns roaring all around the place. It's just not pleasant or relaxing.

This reminds me of an incident near Seattle when I lived there in 2007. A woman hiker was shot by a teenage deer hunter. It was sad and tragic for all involved.

- - Mike
2013 Lounge EXT on 2012 Sprinter
Old 10-11-2016, 09:50 PM   #278
2 Rivet Member

St Augustine , Florida
Quote:

Yea I've ridden mountain bikes in a area next to a shooting range it's not fun or relaxing one bit

John Jackson
www.NotStockPhotography.com
Old 10-11-2016, 09:52 PM   #279
2 Rivet Member

St Augustine , Florida

Name:	ImageUploadedByAirstream Forums1476240679.610075.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	91.5 KB
ID:	273436

It's always nice being able to drive my house up to my photoshoots hahaha

Tonight in Knox In shooting a custom Cuda for a paint manufacturer

John Jackson
Old 10-12-2016, 07:02 PM   #280
2 Rivet Member

St Augustine , Florida
..........and now in Portland Tn for another photoshoot hahaha....... I love my Interstate best RV I've owned even though I've only had it for a couple weeks and 4200 milesClick image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAirstream Forums1476316920.065348.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	76.7 KB
ID:	273451

John Jackson