Old 09-20-2016, 01:56 AM   #253
Rivet Master

2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Sedona , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by c21bill View Post
Where's the fog?

It was there earlier in the day and returned first thing in the morning!

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums

Old 09-20-2016, 02:01 AM   #254
Rivet Master

Sedona , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by 73shark View Post
What's the air and water temp?

At Tillicum it was in the upper 60's during the day and lower 50's at night. Perfect for walking! Don't know about the sea though.
Now we're at Lassen Volcanic Park staying at the Manzanita Camp Ground, the rest are closed already. Several Airstream trailers there.

Old 09-23-2016, 08:26 PM   #255
2 Rivet Member

2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
St Augustine , Florida
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAirstream Forums1474680305.821740.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	73.4 KB
ID:	272239

First pic sitting outside my in laws house before I hit the road for its first month on the road maiden voyage
Old 09-24-2016, 07:36 AM   #256
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Boca Raton , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotStock View Post
Attachment 272239

First pic sitting outside my in laws house before I hit the road for its first month on the road maiden voyage

Nice picture! Looks good and shiny.

I see you added cargo carrier and ladder. Did you relocate antenna? And be careful with clearance, your probably nearing min 10-11'.

Old 09-25-2016, 12:28 AM   #257
2 Rivet Member

St Augustine , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamaron View Post
Nice picture! Looks good and shiny.

I see you added cargo carrier and ladder. Did you relocate antenna? And be careful with clearance, your probably nearing min 10-11'.

Thanks I came out of a 40ft country coach that was over 12ft tall so this should be a breeze hahaha

John Jackson
www.NotStockPhotography.com
Old 09-28-2016, 05:42 PM   #258
Rivet Master

Sedona , Arizona
No way can I compete with NotStock's technical skills, but here are a couple of pics of our AI with tasteful scenery from our recent trip around the west:
The first is of Mount Hood, OR, the second from Lake Helen in the Lassen Volcanic Park, CA.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	D7K_3967.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	278.1 KB
ID:	272537   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lake Helen, Lassen1.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	391.5 KB
ID:	272538  

Old 09-28-2016, 06:10 PM   #259
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
2017 Interstate Lounge Ext
Temple City , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotStock View Post
Attachment 272239

Nice pic! I like the way it looks with the cargo box and ladder! Hows the rear ladder hold up to weight and does that cargo box open from the back?
Old 09-28-2016, 09:07 PM   #260
2 Rivet Member

St Augustine , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by dapolrbear View Post
Nice pic! I like the way it looks with the cargo box and ladder! Hows the rear ladder hold up to weight and does that cargo box open from the back?

So far so good when I bought it I didn't notice it was the only interstate with a ladder and that they didn't come that way. The box opens from the rear and gives a good spot for stuff I need but don't need everyday
Old 09-29-2016, 11:45 PM   #261
2 Rivet Member

St Augustine , Florida

Name:	ImageUploadedByAirstream Forums1475210591.541455.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	213.5 KB
ID:	272595

1990 miles since I left St.Augustine florida Saturday afternoon and I survived the flooding in Detroit this am for a meeting. Now I'm outside a HotRod shop in Port Washington Wi waiting to photograph a car that is being built for the SEMA show next month

John Jackson
Old 09-30-2016, 03:10 PM   #262
1 Rivet Member

Lady Lake , Florida
How much ladder clearance is there with the door latched full open on the magnets?
Old 09-30-2016, 05:35 PM   #263
2 Rivet Member

St Augustine , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by M and R View Post
How much ladder clearance is there with the door latched full open on the magnets?

Never checked I haven't had a reason to open the doors that far I'll take a look at it over the next couple of days....... I know the doors don't clear the Yakima rack I had on my truck that I put on for this trip though hahaha

John Jackson
Old 09-30-2016, 07:02 PM   #264
1 Rivet Member

Lady Lake , Florida
We are doing Alaska next summer and are discussing the options for more storage. We talked about trailer and hitch mounted pod, but had not considered roof mounted, because we did not have the ladder. We are very interested in your experience.
Old 09-30-2016, 08:40 PM   #265
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
League City , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by M and R View Post
We are doing Alaska next summer and are discussing the options for more storage. We talked about trailer and hitch mounted pod, but had not considered roof mounted, because we did not have the ladder. We are very interested in your experience.
I wasn't going to pipe up here unless someone threw bait into the water, but there it is (sorry for the mixed metaphors).

I researched mounted ladders some time ago, and to make a long story short, the suggestion on the internet was that the ones that affix to sheet metal (rear door or side) are not necessarily good ideas. The Sprinter body just wasn't designed to take that kind of weight, and there were suggestions in the forum universe that the rear door sheet metal in particular can deform if subjected to those kinds of stresses.

I decided not to risk it. For roof access, we bought a Telesteps ladder which we keep inside our Interstate, rather than installing a ladder. We also went with a hitch carrier rather than formulating a plan to store anything on the roof (not that our solar system affords us much extra space up there anyway).

Now, Aluminess makes this Sprinter ladder which attaches to the gutter rather than to the sheet metal, and if I had an NCV3, I probably would not hesitate to use their product. I've seen some combo installations of theirs (ladder plus roof assembly) in which it appears that they might attach at least some of their ladders under the chassis as well, to help bear the weight. Also much better, IMO, than trying to anchor a ladder in sheet metal.

FWIW. I call Aluminess products "jewelry for Sprinters". Some of their installations are just beautiful, and of course the quality is reflected in their prices.
Old 10-02-2016, 07:57 PM   #266
2 Rivet Member

2011 Interstate Coach
Evansville , Indiana
Tailgating the AI way

The Silver Bullet Party Bus made a trip to the Horseshoe to cheer on the Buckeyes. Go Bucks!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0111.JPG
Views:	49
Size:	169.2 KB
ID:	272745