Old 10-20-2017, 11:08 AM   #1
Rivet Master

2017 Interstate Lounge Ext
Northern , California
PARKTRONIC warning display cover - be careful!!

@#$%$@#!

Yeah, that's what I said when I broke the little cover off of the PARKTRONIC warning display that sits on the dash. The display is the little row of lights on the dash that helps when parking, and the cover is a relatively thin bit of plastic that helps shade it so the lights are easier to see. I was careless when I slid my front window shade in place yesterday and it caught the leading edge of the cover and snapped it clean off. A bit of Krazy glue fixed it, but let this be a warning to others that you need to be REALLY careful to not hit that cover or you too will be saying bad words and searching the "junk" drawer in the house for the super glue.....

Old 10-20-2017, 03:20 PM   #2
3 Rivet Member

2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Camas , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyFishinRVr View Post
@#$%$@#!

Yeah, that's what I said when I broke the little cover off of the PARKTRONIC warning display that sits on the dash. The display is the little row of lights on the dash that helps when parking, and the cover is a relatively thin bit of plastic that helps shade it so the lights are easier to see. I was careless when I slid my front window shade in place yesterday and it caught the leading edge of the cover and snapped it clean off. A bit of Krazy glue fixed it, but let this be a warning to others that you need to be REALLY careful to not hit that cover or you too will be saying bad words and searching the "junk" drawer in the house for the super glue.....

Ditto for me, broke one of the plastic hooks off, itís a very flimsy affair, I just used double sided foam tape to reattach it. Surprise the whole dash not squealing like a pig going down the road since everything is so thin, reminder of its utility cargo van background.

Old 10-21-2017, 12:22 AM   #3
1 Rivet Member

2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Central Coast , California
I did the same thing soon after I bought my 2016 in February. The windshield privacy screen is horrible and hard to use - it ripped it right off. I glued it back on and it lasted a minute. Probably need better glue!