Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Sprinter and B-van Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-28-2019, 04:57 PM   #1381
Prof. of Pending Projects

2018 Tommy Bahama Interstate
Orlando , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mansderm161 View Post
I have a throw rug over that area. Isn't it right by the door?
For the one in the front, yes, we have a rug there to help avoid sand and dirt getting everywhere. We do not have anything in the back to cover the one there.

I am on my way over to check how it looks now after a day. Silicone should be dry by now. Will take photos and share.
WBCCI #26769
2018 Airstream Interstate 3500 Lounge EXT Tommy Bahama w/ARS
wachuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 05:23 PM   #1382
Rivet Master

2012 Avenue Coach
Corpus Christi , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by wachuko View Post
For the one in the front, yes, we have a rug there to help avoid sand and dirt getting everywhere. We do not have anything in the back to cover the one there.

I am on my way over to check how it looks now after a day. Silicone should be dry by now. Will take photos and share.

If your floor material is like that used in my Avenue, you will see some improvement over time, but probably not much in a day. The indention of the table base will improve some, but be prepared to live with some light circular indention and noticeable screw holes. But after a while, it should only really be noticeable if your looking for it. I think it beats the big table base to stub your toe on.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 11:54 AM   #1383
Rivet Master

2012 Avenue Coach
Corpus Christi , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by rowiebowie View Post
If your floor material is like that used in my Avenue, you will see some improvement over time, but probably not much in a day. The indention of the table base will improve some, but be prepared to live with some light circular indention and noticeable screw holes. But after a while, it should only really be noticeable if your looking for it. I think it beats the big table base to stub your toe on.
Update:

I just went out and looked at the circular indention left from the removal of my rear table base approximately a year ago. The "ring" is nearly gone and that is from a table base that had been on floor for 6 years. Given time, I believe your floor vinyl will bounce back too.

Regarding the holes; well that is a different matter and the clear silicone in them is very visible and I have no expectation that will change as you cannot match the floor color/pattern.

Still, is doesn't look too bad and I'm glad to have the base and table out since we never used it as it was too heavy, inconvenient, and in the way.
Old 04-30-2019, 12:43 PM   #1384

Orlando , Florida
Thumbs up

Quote:
Quote:
Update:

I just went out and looked at the circular indention left from the removal of my rear table base approximately a year ago. The "ring" is nearly gone and that is from a table base that had been on floor for 6 years. Given time, I believe your floor vinyl will bounce back too.

Regarding the holes; well that is a different matter and the clear silicone in them is very visible and I have no expectation that will change as you cannot match the floor color/pattern.

Still, is doesn't look too bad and I'm glad to have the base and table out since we never used it as it was too heavy, inconvenient, and in the way.
That is great to know.

I know that the holes are going to be there...not much that I can do about that. I will try some beige silicone next...at least to try to blend them in better...

I laughed when I read your previous post. The real reason I want them out is because of that!! I am not hitting my toe again!!!
WBCCI #26769
Old 04-30-2019, 08:52 PM   #1385

Orlando , Florida
Received the lights and the Lagun RV Table mount with the additional bracket... Will install in a few weeks...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6484.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	169.7 KB
ID:	339479   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6485.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	140.5 KB
ID:	339480  

Name:	IMG_6498.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	175.9 KB
ID:	339481   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6499.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	172.8 KB
ID:	339482  

WBCCI #26769
Old 04-30-2019, 09:24 PM   #1386
Rivet Master

2012 Avenue Coach
Corpus Christi , Texas
Will be awaiting pictures of your new table mount and your opinion on how your new set up works. We actually decided to not carry any table for the rear lounge. Instead, I purchased cup-holder arm rests to replace the originals and we buy sturdy paper plates to hold in our laps when we don't choose to eat outside.
Old 05-01-2019, 06:43 AM   #1387

Orlando , Florida
Smile

Quote:
Will be awaiting pictures of your new table mount and your opinion on how your new set up works. We actually decided to not carry any table for the rear lounge. Instead, I purchased cup-holder arm rests to replace the originals and we buy sturdy paper plates to hold in our laps when we don't choose to eat outside.

We never use the rear setup... I will install a base there just for kicks since we still do not see us using it... but we will have the base there just in case.

In the front is where we use it all the time... I sure hope that I can find a way to install it while still being able to position it in a similar spot when extended. Wife was not too happy about me removing the front base. Calling out that this is not going to work and why am I changing stuff and wasting money like that... I would hate to prove her right
WBCCI #26769
Old 05-01-2019, 09:02 AM   #1388
Rivet Master

2013 Interstate Coach
Waterloo , Iowa
If we reversed the drivers seat and passengers seat to use the front table I could see a great need for the new mount, as it is difficult to get into the reversed drivers seat with the table in place. A table that swiveled out of the way (assuming there is a place that it can swivel to!) would be a big help. But we use a reversed passenger seat and the seat behind it for the two of us to sit at the front table. It is easy to get into both of these seats with the table in place, and thus don't see a great need for the swiveling table.
Titus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 02:06 PM   #1389
3 Rivet Member

2017 Interstate Lounge Ext
Jacksonville , Jacksonville, Fla, Sautee, Ga, Boca Grande, Fl, Breckenridge, Co
We never used the table in the front or back until I moved the front base over to the driver side so that the table mounts between the driver side lounge seat and the reversed driver seat. Now we leave the table up all the time. When we’re parked it makes a table for the two of us and as we travel one of us often uses the table for computer work while sitting in the DS lounge seat. Also makes a useful flat surface when needed for whatever and always used for indoor meals, especially breakfast. We leave the beds made up in the back and the table up in the front. We find it perfect for two traveling and camping without putting beds, and table together only to stow them away later.
busb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 03:56 PM   #1390

Orlando , Florida
Question

Busb2,

You mean that you moved the stock floor mount to the side?

Or are you using a different mount system for it now?

Any chance that you have a photo to share?
WBCCI #26769
Old 05-01-2019, 04:17 PM   #1391
3 Rivet Member

Yes, I moved the stock table mount to the side and the table fits the space perfectly, doesn’t restrict movement coming in from slider door or moving front to back. All the chairs in the coach are useable as before. It did leave the holes from the original mount, but we have a small rug covering those. I will try to see where a photo I have is and post if I can find.
Old 05-01-2019, 04:32 PM   #1392
3 Rivet Member

Not a great photo but here is one This solution is to easy for you Wachuko LOL
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2A9D87F2-E177-43AB-9C98-7CEB83DA0CC9.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	275.3 KB
ID:	339541  
Old 05-01-2019, 05:54 PM   #1393

Orlando , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by busb2 View Post
I have a tendency to look for complex solutions to simple problems... doing just what you did never crossed my mind...

And looking at the Lagun mount... it does not look like it will place the table in the middle either...

For me an my wife, what you did, would work great. But I wanted the option to position the table in the middle of the four chairs for those, now rare, moments when the kids come with us... we like playing table games together.

I am looking to see if there are extensions or sliders for the Lagun mount to see if that would get it to the center... but afraid that it would then create a lever and at that distance very little effort would be required to rip the mount from the wall... hummm... I must give it more thought...

Thank you for the photo!
WBCCI #26769
Old 05-01-2019, 05:58 PM   #1394
Rivet Master

2012 Avenue Coach
Corpus Christi , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by busb2 View Post

Wow, the table looks like is was made to be there. A good table for two beats a poor table for three. Great idea.
Old 05-02-2019, 03:33 PM   #1395
4 Rivet Member

2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Camas , Washington
Quote:
Wow, the table looks like is was made to be there. A good table for two beats a poor table for three. Great idea.

+1 [emoji106]
Air99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 06:19 PM   #1396
Rivet Master

2013 Interstate Coach
Townsend , Tennessee
That table looks fantastic.....too bad I didn’t see it before I had my entire interior reworked [emoji38]
Old 05-03-2019, 08:30 AM   #1397
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
NORTH MYRTLE BEACH , South Carolina
Great job!
Mansderm161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 08:39 AM   #1398
3 Rivet Member

2013 Interstate Coach
Yarnell , Arizona
I used a heat gun to remove the ring and "flatten" the vinyl around the holes. All but one disappeared.
iaqstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 09:20 AM   #1399

Orlando , Florida
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by toskeysam View Post
That table looks fantastic.....too bad I didn’t see it before I had my entire interior reworked [emoji38]

Quote:
Originally Posted by iaqstuff View Post
I used a heat gun to remove the ring and "flatten" the vinyl around the holes. All but one disappeared.

We just got back from a 10 day trip and catching up to the updates made. I will give that a try. Thank you.

Also got the plans from Greg Eiffert and ordered the hardware for the front table... I will learn how to work a router and laminate and will cover it in the same Tommy Bahama laminate.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Button-fix type2.JPG
Views:	60
Size:	29.2 KB
ID:	340791   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dash Table.JPG
Views:	82
Size:	99.5 KB
ID:	340792  

WBCCI #26769
Old 05-16-2019, 01:46 PM   #1400

Orlando , Florida
I finally ordered the sheet of laminate. But learned a few things as I was placing the order. Ours is not the 64.00 sheet... the actual finish is Aged Bark (AB), raw woodgrain that evokes the feel of natural bark ... and that is actually 104.00 for the 4x8 sheet. The one I initially looked at was a different finish - ARP (T-), smoother and with a low gloss, textured finish... So glad that the person on the phone asked about it to confirm the finish.

I ordered from the local supplier as the distributor in Tampa does not sell them to the public. So I bought it from Central Florida Cabinet Supply (407)292-3644 . It should be here in about a week. The good thing is that it is a 45 minute drive from where I live versus 2 hours to Tampa (where the distributor is).

So the complete description is:

Panolam Surface Systems - Nevamar line - Macchiato - Pattern: WF0011 in Aged Bark (AB) finish

I also called to order the door ladder... Prime Design - Rear Door Access Ladder. Could not wait any longer. I want to be able to easily go up and check the roof without having to take out the ladder, extended, close it, fill the inside of the AI with sand when I put it away... All that was getting old quickly.

I am debating on keeping the collapsible ladder in the AI or just getting rid of it... I will try and see if it fits behind the second row seat (passenger side). That is a spot where it will not bother anything... seat can still turn around without having to move the ladder as it will be held in place against the wall that is behind the seat... and I can keep it in the AI in the event I need it to reach the front section of the AI.

Waiting on a call back from the local provider... trying to buy it locally if I can and if the price difference is not much from getting it online. Already found a place online that will sell it for 362.83 with free shipping.
WBCCI #26769