Old 08-17-2014, 06:03 PM   #15
Rivet Master
2005 19' Safari
Phoenix , Arizona
If the air conditioner (not heat pump) is the same as on the smaller Bambi's, the "optional electric heat strip" is easily installed. It just plugs into a socket and gets bolted down. Since the strip is accessed from inside your Airstream, its presence does not affect the overall height of the A/C shroud.

The heater was optional on our 19' Bambi, so I bought the strip from an RV parts store for about $25-30. Then, when I removed the interior A/C cover to install it, there was a heat strip already in there; so I took the new one back and got a refund.

The heat strip is actually round and looks kind of like an electric stove removable "burner", except there is only one tubular loop, instead of the stove burner's flattened spiral. However, before you purchase a heat strip, you should probably check to see if one has already been installed by the factory.

Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 03:11 PM   #16
2013 Interstate Coach
Fort Worth , Texas
Problem Resolved

Demco, the manufacturer of the Kar Kaddy SS tow dolly has proven themselves to be a first class organization. I sent them an email yesterday relating my story of the "failing fenders" and this afternoon received an email asking for my address so they can send replacement fenders for my Kar Kaddy SS. Apparently one of their suppliers shipped some faulty rivets and Demco is replacing the fenders on a case-by-case basis.

I had previously been duly impressed by the quality of their design and engineering and this simply cements my opinion of them as a quality manufacturer.
I haven't gotten to the shop yet to find out why the furnace failed nor have I come up with an workable solution to the ride the AI lounge, but one thing at a time.

Make errors — otherwise the Great Spirit realizes
you have finished your purpose on earth.

— Navajo saying
joemikeb is offline   Reply With Quote