Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Sprinter and B-van Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-04-2013, 01:29 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
2013 Interstate Coach
Opelika , Alabama
Angry Ordering Fiamma parts

You will not believe the runaround I am getting trying to order an awning part from Fiamma et al... three months ago the pivot arm on the rear awning arm (Fiamma part # 98655-757 Airstream part # 703-746-113) broke. I called Fiamma and talked to a man to order the part and gave him my cc #. Nothing happens. I call back and they say they don't sell to retail, just to rv dealers!!! So i've been waiting two months at least for a simple awning part and Fiamma doesn't have the courtesy to return my email or phone me to tell me they only sell to dealers. So today I call Airstream parts. The young lady in parts tells me they don't sell to retail either! Although I have been to the Airstream factory and ordered parts for my Airstream trailer on several occasions. But she does give me the Airstream part # and tells me to call an Airstream dealer like RBM in Atlanta. So I call RBM in Atlanta. The young man in parts says they don't sell Airstream parts, just Sprinter parts yet i have had them replace the Fiamma motor on the awning under warranty. The other Airstream dealer she recommended was about 120 miles away but when I go to the Airstream website to find out their number, they are not listed!!!!! I'm still shaking my head...can this be true??? Does anyone have a recommendation to get a Fiamma part for an awning?
1965 17' Caravel (R2D2)
hamiltonmj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 02:32 PM   #2
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
I've ordered Fiamma parts from here in the past…
Fiamma Inc. - Home
Old 11-04-2013, 02:33 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2010 22' Interstate
Anchorage , Alaska
You are right; it is a goofy system. I would get in touch with Jim Parrett at AS directly and see if he can make it happen for you. Email: jparrett@airstream.com.
AIR #44779
TAC AK-1 !!
wayneskid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 02:36 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2010 22' Interstate
Anchorage , Alaska
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protagonist View Post
I've ordered Fiamma parts from here in the past…
Fiamma Inc. - Home
The "Order Now" page now directs you to send an email to service@fiamma.com. There are parts catalogs and price lists on the home page.
AIR #44779
TAC AK-1 !!
wayneskid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 04:01 PM   #5
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
2013 Interstate Coach
Opelika , Alabama
Done that!!!

This is what I did first was to email my request. They emailed me back with a telephone number to call which I did and spoke to the male individual when I ordered the part. Now they don't respond to my email requests and the web site says they don't sell retail ... the Fiammastore is in the UK... maybe i can get parts from the UK??
1965 17' Caravel (R2D2)
Old 11-04-2013, 04:33 PM   #6
1 Rivet Member

2013 Interstate Coach
Pompano Beach , Florida
I believe that may be the same broken part I had on my 2013 Interstate. John Thatcher, Parts Consultant, at Colonial Airstream in New Jersy had one in stock and had it to me in a couple of days free of charge. He included a label so I could ship the broken part back to him in order to get credit from Fiamma. It was an easy fix and I was impressed with the great customer care I received from Colonial. Airstream, Itasca, ERA, Roadtrek Dealer in NJ - Colonial RV
Jodason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 05:01 PM   #7
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Fiamma seems to have changed the way they do business since the last time I did business with them.

You could try…
Fiamma Awnings & Accessories - GoWesty Camper Products - parts supplier for VW Vanagon, Eurovan, and Bus
They're in central California. Next time I need to order something from Fiamma (if there is a next time) that will be one of my options.
Old 11-04-2013, 07:05 PM   #8
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
2013 Interstate Coach
Opelika , Alabama
I got this "
Good afternoon,

I was forwarded this email on 10/29 and totally missed it. I apologize for the inconvenience it has caused you. We have the 98655-757 in stock and can ship it immediately. Your price for this part is $10.59 plus shipping and handling. Please call me to order, or email me your phone number and I will call you tomorrow.

Thank you,"

I'll call them tomorrow and see what happened to my first order.
1965 17' Caravel (R2D2)
Old 11-05-2013, 08:56 AM   #9
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
2013 Interstate Coach
Opelika , Alabama
I talked to Jeff at Fiamma today and ordered my awning part. Let's hope this is solved. You can see the part you need by downloading the part catalog from "fiammausa.com" website. When you find your awning ... and make sure you have the F65 S awning part ...you will see numbers like 280, 320, 340 with a bracket and 370, 400 with another bracket pointing to different numbers in some cases. The left side numbers refer to a different length awning arm as Jeff explained to me. FYI. Still need to email Airstream as to why they don't sell awning parts which you can buy in their store on location. Also, Fiamma doesn't sell retail at their Orlando facility... I read it wrong and perhaps the web site should say "At our Orlando facility we do not service awnings or sell parts to retail customers."
1965 17' Caravel (R2D2)
Old 11-10-2013, 03:03 PM   #10
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
2013 Interstate Coach
Opelika , Alabama
Finally got the part (it said "Left Leg End Part F 45 S" and part number was 98655-575 on the package) installed it and it fit perfectly. I did email Airstream about my concerns but haven't heard back...probably in the "bit bucket"...heading to Helen GA for a late Octoberfest.
1965 17' Caravel (R2D2)
Old 11-24-2013, 03:32 PM   #11
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
2013 Interstate Coach
Opelika , Alabama
Jim Parrett from Airstream did call me and was interested in the issues I had with ordering my Fiamma part. He was also interested in the other defects I had with my Airstream which I related to him. He wanted a picture of the broken awning part and hopefully I will be reimbursed for warranty. We spent one night in the Airstream park at Top of Georgia. They recently had a fire in the kitchen so there was no access to the facilities. It was cold but we were comfy with the addition of an electric blanket.
1965 17' Caravel (R2D2)