Love is in the air!!

Old 05-09-2013, 01:40 PM   #16
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
2012 Interstate Coach
Palo Alto , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKDUDE View Post
For what it's worth, the onyx interior looks much cheaper to me due to reflections.
thx for your input!

Old 05-09-2013, 01:46 PM   #17
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
2012 Interstate Coach
Palo Alto , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protagonist View Post
I have the light camel interior.

The dealer had some with the onyx interior, but when I stepped inside, it felt like a cave. Especially the models that had the full-height wardrobe closet.
Protagonist, you are one of my favorite "Post-er". You're so welcoming and offer so much great advice which I have used. I'm about ready to pick up by AI in Florida and can't wait to use it. I'm still trying to figure out how to get it back to CA because of my three kids schedules, father-in-laws knee surgery, end of school year, and when we need to be back again. You gave very good advice about hiring a flatbed transporter. Do you know of any? I haven't had much luck.

Btw, Teamaron and Doug & Maggie, I've also appreciated your helpfulness. I love how embracing RVers are!. Thanks!
Old 05-09-2013, 03:43 PM   #18
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadmama View Post
You gave very good advice about hiring a flatbed transporter. Do you know of any? I haven't had much luck.
Afraid I can't help you there. I looked into towing requirements in case I can to call for roadside assistance, so I'd be able to ask for the kind of tow truck I needed. I have no idea who you'd contact about cross-country towing.

But here's a thought… If you're buying from a dealer, he's bound to know of someone, because someone had to tow it to the dealer in the first place, and I don't think Jackson Center owns a fleet of trucks to tow their own product. They hire it done.
WBCCI #1105
TAC LA-4

My Google-Fu is strong today.
Protagonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 11:53 PM   #19
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
2012 Interstate Coach
Palo Alto , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protagonist View Post
Afraid I can't help you there. I looked into towing requirements in case I can to call for roadside assistance, so I'd be able to ask for the kind of tow truck I needed. I have no idea who you'd contact about cross-country towing.

But here's a thought… If you're buying from a dealer, he's bound to know of someone, because someone had to tow it to the dealer in the first place, and I don't think Jackson Center owns a fleet of trucks to tow their own product. They hire it done.
No luck there. Buying for private party.
Old 05-10-2013, 10:46 AM   #20
Rivet Master

2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Sedona , Arizona
Well, you both (73shark and Protagonist) have a point and I apologize for the very bland statement which I should have qualified...here's what I really meant: I had just sold a Flying Cloud 19' to move to the Interstate and was really disappointed to find the interior wasn't real wood (laminate?) like on all Flying Clouds. The shiny plastic laminate (both onyx and camel) shows all blemishes, finger marks and reflections.
Was that any better?
Old 05-10-2013, 10:59 AM   #21

2012 Interstate Coach
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKDUDE View Post
Well, you both (73shark and Protagonist) have a point and I apologize for the very bland statement which I should have qualified...here's what I really meant: I had just sold a Flying Cloud 19' to move to the Interstate and was really disappointed to find the interior wasn't real wood (laminate?) like on all Flying Clouds. The shiny plastic laminate (both onyx and camel) shows all blemishes, finger marks and reflections.
Was that any better?
It's okay by me. I didn't have a problem with your previous post, either, only with the way I responded to it.

I don't mind the shiny laminate, much. At least under that Formica-type plastic is a solid wood laminate, and it's easy to keep clean. Though I'll admit it would be better if it was more matte than gloss, and it would be outstanding if it was a blond natural wood surface coated with a clear polyurethane varnish, which would be a lot more attractive and almost as easy to keep clean.

Could be worse, too. When I test-drove the Winnebago Era— or was it the Roadtrek Adventurous? I test-drove both the same day, and forget which was which— the cabinetry was made of particle board (I got splinters under my fingernails opening one cabinet… ouch!) with a sheet of wood-grained vinyl contact paper over it, not even a plastic laminate.
WBCCI #1105
TAC LA-4

Old 05-10-2013, 11:02 AM   #22
Rivet Master

2011 Interstate Coach
Overland Park , Kansas
My apologies. I try to avoid snarky comments but sometimes my brain goes into to neutral.

l agree that the onyx makes the interior seem darker but thought it seemed a little richer in appearance. But since I bought used, that may be just a rationalization.

PM me for sale info on my 2011. SOLD!
Upfitted Transit 350 sitting in driveway.
73shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 11:19 AM   #23
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Missouri City , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxster1971 View Post
I have a 2012 with Onyx interior and love it because it is unique. I'd say it's a matter of personal taste. Look at both and pick the one you like best. The Onyx interior also gives you the lighter countertop.
How about some interior pictures of the Interstate coach. I have never seen the inside of one.
Old 05-10-2013, 11:22 AM   #24
3 Rivet Member

2013 Interstate Coach
Napa , California
http://www.airstream.com/touring-coa.../photos-decor/
Old 05-10-2013, 11:24 AM   #25
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Missouri City , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by adonh View Post
How about some interior pictures of the Interstate coach. I have never seen the inside of one.
Here are a bunch of pictures of both the light color and darker interior. They both look good.

Colonial Airstream - Interstate Lounge & Twin A Motorhome RV, Touring Coach, Class B Van
Old 05-10-2013, 11:33 AM   #26

2012 Interstate Coach
Quote:
Originally Posted by adonh View Post
I get that a lot on the rallies I've attended; my Interstate is a must-see stop on the "'Stream Crawl" where we all give each other the a tour of our rigs, because most of the folks there haven't seen one and they're all curious. Well, that and the fact that an Interstate is so small the tour doesn't take long.

I don't mind showing rallyers my unit, even though I haven't really done much to customize mine so I don't have any bragging rights compared to some of the amazing rennovations and restorations I've seen at rallys.

It beats the campgrounds I visit when I'm not attending a rally, where the people in the SOBs say, "Wow! I didn't know Mercedes made motorhomes!" People that can't even tell it's an Airstream don't get the tour.
WBCCI #1105
TAC LA-4

Old 05-10-2013, 09:09 PM   #27
Rivet Master

2013 Interstate Coach
Fulton , Maryland
I once got a comment from a women looking at my rig asking: "when did Airstream buy up Mercedes?"
Old 07-01-2013, 06:31 AM   #28
2 Rivet Member

2013 Interstate Coach
Lafayette , Louisiana
interior color

I live in S. Louisiana. White exterior and camel interior on my 2013ext.
This combo HAS to be easier to keep cool in. Just my opinion. Was able to order new to get what I wanted. I did not want anything to do with dark colors for many of reasons mentioned on other posts.