Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Sprinter and B-van Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-02-2016, 10:12 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2006 22' Interstate
Anacortes , Washington
Older Interstate window openers

We got back from our latest 7,200 mile cross country trip but now have an inoperable window actuator.
Ours is an 07 built on an 06 Sprinter and everything else works perfectly.
The window problem we have is on the sliding door and the plastic disk riveted on the end of the one of the two actuator arms is almost all broken off so only one arm still slides in the aluminum track which is mounted on the piece of glass which tilts out. Everything about the window operating mechanism is all riveted - so disassembly is not an easy option.

I figure that surely I'm not the first poor sap who has faced this problem so wondered if someone out there has a fix that so far has eluded me.
Thanks in advance for any ideas or suggestions.
Bob in Anacortes
Interstate20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 06:16 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
League City , Texas
Hi Bob!

I don't recall any previous posts about this particular window problem. Nor has anyone contacted me off-Forum with a question like that.

I will tell you something that you probably already know - the windows in our T1Ns went out of production some years ago due to companies being bought and sold and folding and other various and sundry corporate machinations (somewhere in my notes I have the entire chain of events written up). As a result of this, there is no dusty corner of a warehouse with compatible spare windows or window parts sitting around waiting for a T1N Interstate owner to order them. If we have window problems, in many scenarios we may be forced to consider ourselves SOL (sadly out of luck). Either that or put a lot of effort into a DIY solution to our problem.

It was partly for this reason that I'd hoped to figure out how to identify any junked T1N Interstates that were in the process of being sold for parts anywhere in America. That possibility came up about a year ago because many of us are missing the trim piece off the sliding door window, and another owner had asked what the heck he could do to replace his. Curious myself, I launched a search to see if I could identify a means of locating either junked Interstates or junked non-Interstate T1N Sprinters that had the same brand and model of window installed, because Airstream wasn't the only buyer of that product. I'm sure such vehicles are out there somewhere, but I did not discover a means by which I could track them down.

Wish I could be of more help at this point. Can you post a pic of the window?
InterBlog is offline   Reply With Quote