Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Sprinter and B-van Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-04-2017, 07:44 AM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2015 Interstate Ext. Coach
Great Falls , Virginia
Northern Virginia Service

I just moved to north VA and am looking for a recommendation for airstream service and Mercedes service.
k9jackie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 10:04 PM   #2
1 Rivet Member

Vienna , Virginia
I live in Northern Virginia and use Euro Motorcars Mercedes in Bethesda/Rockville, Maryland (301-652-9000) for Sprinter service. Their Rockville location is a Sprinter service center where they work just on Sprinters. They've done a good job with scheduled maintenance and warranty work. I tried a large Mercedes dealer in Northern Virginia but they didn't seem to do much Sprinter service. As for AS service, unfortunately I haven't found a good place locally. I still drive back to the NJ dealer where I purchased my Interstate. However, since I was last there, Beckley's Camping Center in Thurmont, Maryland (about an hour away), became an AS dealer for Interstates. I don't know much about their service but I had a good experience there years ago when looking at other brands so I may give them a try. There is also Airstream of Virginia in Thornburg, a couple hours south on 95. I think they were a dealer of multiple other brands and recently rebranded themselves as an AS-only dealer. I looked to buy an AS from them before they rebranded but wasn't thrilled with them so I haven't used them but may look at them again.
bigfishdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 04:04 AM   #3
3 Rivet Member

2009 Interstate
Bethesda , Maryland
I think there is an AS dealer just north of Fredricksburg on I95. Never been there but passed it many times headed south.

Not a big fan of Euromotorcars in Bethesda as they had problems doing warranty work on my E-class diesel. Sun Motor Cars is really the best dealership located less than two hours away with excellent Sprinter techs. Annapolis Freightliner is a closer alternative with a very competent Sprinter staff. I've made first appointments for maintenance items at both places and was able to wait.
Old 10-05-2017, 08:23 AM   #4
3 Rivet Member

Great Falls , Virginia
Great! Thanks. I will check those out. I was trying not to drive back up to NJ for my yearly winterizing and oil change on the generator... might have to learn to do these myself.

What about VA state inspections? I brought my AI to the same place I took my jeep but they wouldn't do the inspection because it was too tall... google has not been helpful

AI Facebook Group

Old 10-05-2017, 08:34 AM   #5
Rivet Master

2024 Interstate 19
Fulton , Maryland
You might need to go to a Sprinter dealer in Virginia to get a state inspection.

I get the Sprinter side of my Interstate serviced at the Freightliner Sprinter dealer in Annapolis, MD. They just replaced my driver side airbag on the recall. I was using Sun Motors, but got tired of driving to Pennsylvania. The Freightliner shop in Annaplois is also a large bus dealer - it's a truck place without the fancy Mercedes dealer amenities. Labor rates are the same as Sun Motors. I recall that several of the techs at Sun Motors came from a Freightliner Sprinter background. After all Freightliner has been selling Sprinters in USA for over a decade.
Previous: 2013 Airstream Interstate 3500 Ext Lounge
Boxster1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 08:51 AM   #6
Rivet Master

1999 28' Excella
Frederick , Maryland
Although Beckley's is only a recent AS (Interstates only, no trailers) dealer, they have been selling Sprinter based Class B/Cs for a while. They have a large service center and are a big motorhome dealer. Just FWIW (since I live nearby).
AM Solar Panels 150W - 2 Trojan T 105 6V Batteries

KC3MAP

On internet forums, please research and separate the wheat from the chaff (including mine!)
Soyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 08:56 AM   #7
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
2022 Interstate 24X
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxster1971 View Post
... I was using Sun Motors, but got tired of driving to Pennsylvania. ....
Hi

Tired of driving to PA? Tell me it's not true How could anybody not love chugging up and down I-83? Speed trap south of York ... never noticed ...

=====

Any service that involves a long drive has downsides. One ...err ... might forget the (un-expired) credit card at home .... that one hasn't happened to me in ....umm... 18 hours or so .... There also is the "we need to keep it overnight while we get a part flown in" hassle. It doesn't happen often. When it does, you are pretty much stuck.

Bob
uncle_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 07:23 PM   #8
1 Rivet Member

Vienna , Virginia
For VA state inspections I use Holly Acres RV & Marine in Woodbridge. They sell other brand RVs and boats and have a service center but also have 4 acres of secured storage. I keep a storage space with them all year and use it when I don’t want the van in my driveway. They do state inspections, winterizing and can probably service the generator. They also have propane and a dump station. It’s a little out of the way but I think it’s worth it.
bigfishdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 04:26 PM   #9
2 Rivet Member

2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Panama City Beach , Florida
We store our interstate at Holly Acres in Woodbridge and they also do our state inspections, they have propane and can do other services, it is great to have a dump station available. You can also call the Cummins dealer in Winchester, VA and check their prices on the oil change for the generator. As said in a previous reply, Holly Acres can probably do the wintering, however, we winterize our interstate ourselves. We took our interstate back to storage on Saturday and noticed there was another interstate parked not too far from us and on Friday there was and Interstate Lounge in at Holly Acres for service..........we just may have a caravan forming, LOL!!!! We also use the Mercedes Dealer in Chantilly, VA..........they do have one tech that is specifically assigned to Sprinters, the dealer introduced the tech to me and the tech commented that he was very familiar with the Airstreams and we also get our DEF from them. There is a Mercedes Dealer in Alexandria, VA that is supposed to be pretty good, but traffic and time spent getting there and back is tough.
2Dreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 05:16 PM   #10
4 Rivet Member

2017 28' International
Virginia Beach , Virginia
I bought my new 28' Serenity last year from Safford in Thornburg. I got a great deal and the customer support and delivery were excellent. I've not had to take it in for service but I can only expect the same. No complaints here.
VaTravelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 07:02 PM   #11
3 Rivet Member

Great Falls , Virginia
Wow, a lot of AIs in the area! We should do a meetup when everyone is out of storage

AI Facebook Group

Old 10-17-2017, 11:52 AM   #12
Rivet Master

2024 Interstate 19
Fulton , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by k9jackie View Post
Wow, a lot of AIs in the area! We should do a meetup when everyone is out of storage

I never store mine - it's my primary vehicle. Wife drives the Prius.
Previous: 2013 Airstream Interstate 3500 Ext Lounge
Boxster1971 is offline   Reply With Quote